'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

Assuming your happy with this hire. Luke is an excellent coach so I agree. You put this in the Tate thread must mean something?
For that OL room, Luke is the perfect fit. Very likeable guy that players play hard for. OL is the position that guys are selfless, unheralded group. Pulling guys like Oher, Sears, Tunsil and Little. He has coached with Cutcliffe, Freeze, and Rich Rodriguez.

As for Tate, he has confirmed again he will OV this weekend. Luke already on the road, figure Friday he goes in-home with Tate.

With the family's Tennessee ties, I just really can't imagine what would motivate this kid to attend UGA. It baffles me that he picked them to start out with but our OL was solid this season. He'll get great coaching in Knoxville and sure he'll fall in love with whatever uniform he selects but later in life it'll simply mean more if it's UT.

Our improvement on the Oline this season has to at least give him something to think about. I think he probably sticks with UGA now that they've hired Luke and because of the relationships he already has with the other UGA commits, but hopefully he'll at least listen.

Im not saying abandon relationships with in state HS and talent. But this is all circumstantial at best.. Much like them recruiting on a national level right now.

For that OL room, Luke is the perfect fit. Very likeable guy that players play hard for. OL is the position that guys are selfless, unheralded group. Pulling guys like Oher, Sears, Tunsil and Little. He has coached with Cutcliffe, Freeze, and Rich Rodriguez.

As for Tate, he has confirmed again he will OV this weekend. Luke already on the road, figure Friday he goes in-home with Tate.
We'll see if he allows an in home with Pruitt. If he does, start getting nervous.

With the family's Tennessee ties, I just really can't imagine what would motivate this kid to attend UGA. It baffles me that he picked them to start out with but our OL was solid this season. He'll get great coaching in Knoxville and sure he'll fall in love with whatever uniform he selects but later in life it'll simply mean more if it's UT.
Yeah I don't understand the appeal there anymore. GA is never going to win a championship under Kirby dumb. That's one. But the only reason he committed there, based on his own words, was Pittman. Now Pittman is gone. Come work with a real offensive coach in Chaney that will put you in a position to succeed.

Assuming that Luke is the new OL coach at Georgia, how long will it be before the Dog fans start spewing "we wanted Pittman gone--Luke is a better fit"?

Reactions: walkenvol
Not going to lie, Luke was the only reason it was hard not to hate on OM. After Freeze and his shenanigans, it was just hard not to pull for Luke. Luke pulls the same rope as Pittman. He puts guys in the league, recruits 5 stars, and his kids love him.

As far as recruiting, Pittman was a very good recruiter, but he recruited better once at UGA.
A lot of us convinced ourselves that Walt Wells was bringing something.

still didn't care then, don't care now. like i said, some can dish it out, but can't take it. and we're great at dishing it out.......we suck at taking it. as most do....lol.
If they're butt-hurt over the fans giving them ish over trolling UT then it sounds like they're the ones that dished it and didn't like the taking it.

If they're butt-hurt over the fans giving them ish over trolling UT then it sounds like they're the ones that dished it and didn't like the taking it.
see, this is what i'm talking about....lol.

who cares. vol fans weren't happy he committed to UGA. DAd was supporting son by putting a G on his window. vol fans freak out. dad's mad at vol fans.......

who cares.

lol.

Reactions: Sleegro and crovol
While I agree you have to have thick skin as a recruit or player, I really don’t get grown men or women saying such garbage on social media either. They would NEVER say that to their face.

Agreed. But if the family is holding a small segment of the fan bases immediate reaction against the university, it’s equally as dumb

I'm on the side of the Ratledge family when it comes to the ridiculous behavior by SOME.
But I agree.

Holding all accountable for some, omitting all those TN fans that defended them, using a different standard against UT (how would Ga fans react if the situation were reversed)

The discussion shouldn't be "is mob behavior wrong".. of course it is, that should be settled.
The only question now, how many things are justified because of a wrong by some.

Just seems there's an intense vocalization of what's fair, when discussing the original action of said mob.
But "what's fair" quickly becomes less relevant when discussing the reaction.

If you are immature enough to post a stupid video on the web, you are probably immature enough to realize the reaction you might get.

VN Store

Back