'20 GA OL Tate Ratledge (UGA commit)

Luke is well respected and a hell of a recruiter.
Not going to lie, Luke was the only reason it was hard not to hate on OM. After Freeze and his shenanigans, it was just hard not to pull for Luke. Luke pulls the same rope as Pittman. He puts guys in the league, recruits 5 stars, and his kids love him.

As far as recruiting, Pittman was a very good recruiter, but he recruited better once at UGA.

I’m sure the intent was to show how much he supports his son’s decisions. UNintentionally he made himself part of the story. Personally I moved on when he announced. Don’t believe in “must get”s. What if you don’t?
I don't remember when it happened. Clearly, some of our zealots overreacted, which is really dumb. Not sure if he should have been surprised by it.

Reactions: butchna and Sleegro
We can point each prospect out from the state of GA but at the end of it they're ultimately recruiting at a level of bama, clemson, osu.. my question is why place such an emphasis in state when you're recruiting at that level? I get it.. they have lots of instate talent but it's not the end if they don't load up on instate crop am deathly you know this LV

Oan: Kirby is trash. I agree

Admittedly, my opinion has fluctuated with the whole "fence around the state" plea. But I look at USC in 2004. Texas 2005, and LSU in 2011 and 2019. All those teams were powered by highly ranked In-State guys

I guess it depends on the state? If you look at us so far in 2019...every In-State recruit we have is being celebrated. Except for the Long Snapper. But they're all guys that can play around the conference. Next year we have more great talent In-State.

If I could narrow it down to one primary reason... Talented players from the university's State carries a sense of homegrown pride that enhances the institution itself....

Because its the University of "Tennessee"
It's cool when a freshman from Memphis breaks the single game rushing record.
It's cool that We have 4 guys committed from traditional powerhouse programs in Maryville and Whitehaven.

VQ podcast didn't close the door on this. The only question is if he will visit. He is talking too Pruitt. If he will give us a chance by visiting, even just coming up for a few hours, we might be able to flip him. Pittman was THE reason he committed there so he is really tore up about this. Just have to hope he gives us a chance.

VQ podcast didn't close the door on this. The only question is if he will visit. He is talking too Pruitt. If he will give us a chance by visiting, even just coming up for a few hours, we might be able to flip him. Pittman was THE reason he committed there so he is really tore up about this. Just have to hope he gives us a chance.

If he visits, I suspect that we will get a commitment.

Admittedly, my opinion has fluctuated with the whole "fence around the state" plea. But I look at USC in 2004. Texas 2005, and LSU in 2011 and 2019. All those teams were powered by highly ranked In-State guys

I guess it depends on the state? If you look at us so far in 2019...every In-State recruit we have is being celebrated. Except for the Long Snapper. But they're all guys that can play around the conference. Next year we have more great talent In-State.

If I could narrow it down to one primary reason... Talented players from the university's State carries a sense of homegrown pride that enhances the institution itself....

Because its the University of "Tennessee"
It's cool when a freshman from Memphis breaks the single game rushing record.
It's cool that We have 4 guys committed from traditional powerhouse programs in Maryville and Whitehaven.
It's those circumstances LV.. this fan base has a hard time coming to terms when we miss on out of state talent let alone instate as if we're a CFP team..
perception vs reality

Reactions: LittleVol
Not going to lie, Luke was the only reason it was hard not to hate on OM. After Freeze and his shenanigans, it was just hard not to pull for Luke. Luke pulls the same rope as Pittman. He puts guys in the league, recruits 5 stars, and his kids love him.

As far as recruiting, Pittman was a very good recruiter, but he recruited better once at UGA.
This is all I can envision when I read your posts.

Attachments

• 52A0C7EA-DBEB-4E7E-A698-7DCDC62A5BD6.jpeg
    52A0C7EA-DBEB-4E7E-A698-7DCDC62A5BD6.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 31

VN Store

Back