'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

Frankly outside of To’oto’o and Thompson nobody returning on defense has shown consistent elite play. We’ve had a huge turnaround on the d line for the younger guys and hopefully another off season to lift helps that. We need all the big time players we can handle, losing this kid to Florida would be a bad deal.

Frankly outside of To’oto’o and Thompson nobody returning on defense has shown consistent elite play. We’ve had a huge turnaround on the d line for the younger guys and hopefully another off season to lift helps that. We need all the big time players we can handle, losing this kid to Florida would be a bad deal.

Yep...he and Jimmy Calloway are not the type of speedy playmakers we need to be losing to our nemesis..

Reactions: LittleVol
I think what you mean to say is:
"Between Keyshawn Lawrence and Mordecai McDaniel , if we have to chose one to keep it would have to be Lawrence".

But this "replaceable" narrative is backed up by what, exactly? Have you watched his film? Did you know he is one of the fastest players on the East Coast?
He was probably the best defensive player on a nationally ranked High School team that plays some of the best teams around the country.
He can play EVERY spot in the defensive backfield.
Do you really think Florida is going after someone that is so replaceable??????
Has ANYONE you’ve ever advocated not been the best ever at their position? 😏

Has ANYONE you’ve ever advocated not been the best ever at their position? 😏

I'm pretty sure I was asking the question there.
A simple one to. How is this kid so "replaceable " if Florida is trying to flip him.
Luckily Lawrence is already in the fold.

When a recruit or current commit might start to look around a bit, all of a sudden the kid is overrated, or a reach anyway. I've hardly ever boasted or even talked about Mordecai, but I know enough about his ability to understand we need to try our best to hang on to him.

Reactions: tbones0711
I'm pretty sure I was asking the question there.
A simple one to. How is this kid so "replaceable " if Florida is trying to flip him.
Luckily Lawrence is already in the fold.

When a recruit or current commit might start to look around a bit, all of a sudden the kid is overrated, or a reach anyway. I've hardly ever boasted or even talked about Mordecai, but I know enough about his ability to understand we need to try our best to hang on to him.
You do tend to go the opposite direction. 😉 Never knew Calloway was irreplaceable until I checked in on here. FWIW big fan of McDaniel and feel he’s the one to step in for Warrior...if we keep him. Lawrence could still be a factor at corner if VQ is to be believed.

You do tend to go the opposite direction. 😉 Never knew Calloway was irreplaceable until I checked in on here. FWIW big fan of McDaniel and feel he’s the one to step in for Warrior...if we keep him. Lawrence could still be a factor at corner if VQ is to be believed.

Yeah I saw your comment about him replacing Warrior as a true freshman ( bold btw)

And I agree with that. Or Lawrence. But we have both of them right now, and they could both start next year.

Fields looks the part but he's from that same program in North Carolina (Hough) where they have highly ranked kids that do nothing when they get to college.
Alontae Taylor imo...may need to play safety or nickel. His timing is "off" at CB. He seems to be regressing a little. Lawrence is as athletic and faster than any DB we have right now. (Solomon?)

McCullough and Thompson are the only two guys that have their position lockdown. Burrell, Theo Jackson, Taylor are all good players and super glad to have them, but they are not safe from being passed up by Lawrence or McDaniel. Jmo.
Whether they start or not, we're finally getting quality SEC depth. George is another good player. Flowers is another one but stays Injured. All of them will play.

Reactions: butchna
McDaniel is hard for me to say, because Florida had some buzz a few weeks back and nothng came from it. Buzz out of the in home last night seemed UF is very much a flip threat again, but is this going to be another instance where nothing comes from it. Feel like chances go down the longer it takes.

- Florida 247

Side note... He doesn't have a planned announcement of any sort...

VN Store

Back