'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

Kinda figured when we offered that ASU commit safety last week that things might not be trending well here.

How big of a need is he?

Fields, McCoullough, Beasley, and Burrell will only be sophmores next year. One of them might be a RS freshman - I think Fields and Beasley would qualify but not 100% sure.

Were landing McDOnald (STAR imo) and Lawrence this year.

I don't think losing MM would be horrible if we loaded up on front seven kids and then sold playing time to in state kids Turrentine and Breedlove next year, plus others. JMO
I really believe he’s capable of stepping in for Warrior. Other options will need some developing. Hope Pruitt and Ansley can sell this to him.

This would be a tough loss. Immediate special teams impact player although nobody really returns kickoffs anymore

We need to keep this kid.

He and Lawrence could be absolute lethal tandem in the secondary. Both can play safety and CB. Both are sub 11 100 meter guys at 200 lbs.
Lawrence has better ball skills, but Mordecai is more advanced right now in reading keys.

I love the new guy they offered out of Louisiana, but he's not deep range eraser like Mordecai could be.

Hate to see him go elsewhere but Keyshawn Lawrence is the staple. Mordecai can be replaced.

I think what you mean to say is:
"Between Keyshawn Lawrence and Mordecai McDaniel , if we have to chose one to keep it would have to be Lawrence".

But this "replaceable" narrative is backed up by what, exactly? Have you watched his film? Did you know he is one of the fastest players on the East Coast?
He was probably the best defensive player on a nationally ranked High School team that plays some of the best teams around the country.
He can play EVERY spot in the defensive backfield.
Do you really think Florida is going after someone that is so replaceable??????

I think what you mean to say is:
"Between Keyshawn Lawrence and Mordecai McDaniel , if we have to chose one to keep it would have to be Lawrence".

But this "replaceable" narrative is backed up by what, exactly? Have you watched his film? Did you know he is one of the fastest players on the East Coast?
He was probably the best defensive player on a nationally ranked High School team that plays some of the best teams around the country.
He can play EVERY spot in the defensive backfield.
Do you really think Florida is going after someone that is so replaceable??????
Yeah I think we're ok with Greene... Would prefer to keep mm...

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back