Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my stupid arguing, joking and normal immature snarky comments over a stupid game from me aside...

I would like to ask you guys and gals to please pray for my mother..I am in Knoxville taking a turn staying with her this morning..the different chemos, immunotherapy and radiation treatments gave not impeded the progress of her cancer at all. There will be no more treatments. The lesions in her brain are impeding her mentally, and the ones in her lungs are pressing on her esophagus making it hard for her to eat when she is hungry, plus of course the difficulty in breathing.

This is hard...and I HATE IT so much.

Thanks.
Hang in there man.

1.LSU v 8. Memphis
4. OU v 5. UGA
3. Clemson v 6. Florida
2. Ohio State v 7. Oregon

So an 8 team playoff would look something like this. Yawn.

We would wind up with the same 4 we are going to wind up with but in that scenario the players have to play an extra game and risk injury in a game that shouldn't be needed.

Or go back to an 11 game season and teams quit playing FCS opponents.

Those FCS schools often depend on the payouts from those games to fund their programs. A lot of kids would be affected by that decision in order to let a few more teams in the "playoffs". I say we go back to the #1 and #2 square off for the title and use a non biased algorithm to pick them. The playoff committee is made of people and subject to bias. Create a computer model that removes the bias and play football.

You’d think Ole Miss hired Saban from the way y’all are talking

They hired a good not great coach that can't keep his pants on. He will probably have some success at OM but I wouldn't trade Pruitt for LK. Not even close. Pruitt is building something here a UT and I for one am going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

All my stupid arguing, joking and normal immature snarky comments over a stupid game from me aside...

I would like to ask you guys and gals to please pray for my mother..I am in Knoxville taking a turn staying with her this morning..the different chemos, immunotherapy and radiation treatments gave not impeded the progress of her cancer at all. There will be no more treatments. The lesions in her brain are impeding her mentally, and the ones in her lungs are pressing on her esophagus making it hard for her to eat when she is hungry, plus of course the difficulty in breathing.

Thanks.
Will do.

I want a FL bowl but do believe it's just bias "vacation in your own state" blues. If I tell my kids we're cancelling a FL trip and driving down I-40 a couple of hours instead...oof.

But MCB is sorta the bigger bowl right now and we probably shouldn't be mad they want us so badly. Definitely a preference and not a slight.

Kiffin could have some success recruiting in Memphis in the future but idk why that means we won’t either. We are still closer to Georgia and the Carolinas and the mid state so I don’t think it will hurt recruiting at all.

Reactions: drvenner
Yeah a game against Louisville does not move the needle at all.

Reading thru, apparently we're in a real spot. Don't want a no name because WE ARE TN!!
But don't want a real team like Wisconsin because we're just tn.

Maybe they'll let us send them a list of approved teams. 😅

Thanks.

Sorry for what she is going thru. Prayers for everyone involved. Take Care UEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back