'20 JUCO RB Zaquandre White

I see nothing in this guy that indicates he can help us beat Alabama, Florida or Georgia. He flamed out as a running back at FSU and was moved to linebacker. He put up pedestrian numbers in JUCO. He‘s had injury issues and has shown that he can be a significant troublemaker.

If we want to take retreads, we’ll never get to where we want to be. With that said, if Pruitt and Chaney like him, then so be it.

youve also never seen him play football

I see nothing in this guy that indicates he can help us beat Alabama, Florida or Georgia. He flamed out as a running back at FSU and was moved to linebacker. He put up pedestrian numbers in JUCO. He‘s had injury issues and has shown that he can be a significant troublemaker.

If we want to take retreads, we’ll never get to where we want to be. With that said, if Pruitt and Chaney like him, then so be it.
You're not wrong about him flaming out at FSU. To be fair though the Noles are talented at RB. We desperately need some guys who can run the ball. If he's healthy I think he's good enough to be serviceable here.

You're not wrong about him flaming out at FSU. To be fair though the Noles are talented at RB. We desperately need some guys who can run the ball. If he's healthy I think he's good enough to be serviceable here.

This is exactly what I’m talking about. We’ll have at least 5 running backs for next year excluding this guy. We need blue chip QBs and running backs. We need to find a couple of studs in the next cycle.

I remember his highlight tapes out of high school. This kid had the IT factor. If he can find that same intensity he would be a huge asset.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
And I said they never tried him at running back.

Found this: “White originally signed with the Seminoles in the class of 2017 as a four-star running back. He was one of three elite running backs (Cam Akers, Khalan Laborn) to ink their letters of intent with FSU during the cycle. White was rated as the No. 141 overall prospect and the No. 7 running back by the 247 Sports Composite rankings. He converted to linebacker over the 2018 offseason.”

Not a big deal, but whether he was at running back for awhile or always at linebacker, he was moved to linebacker. The article goes on to say that White quit going to practice and class and then transferred.

Found this: “White originally signed with the Seminoles in the class of 2017 as a four-star running back. He was one of three elite running backs (Cam Akers, Khalan Laborn) to ink their letters of intent with FSU during the cycle. White was rated as the No. 141 overall prospect and the No. 7 running back by the 247 Sports Composite rankings. He converted to linebacker over the 2018 offseason.”

Not a big deal, but whether he was at running back for awhile or always at linebacker, he was moved to linebacker. The article goes on to say that White quit going to practice and class and then transferred.

He was recruited by Jay Graham to be a RB. That’s what he committed to.

Jay Graham went to Texas A&M.

Willie Taggert moved this kid to LB.

White decided this isn’t what he signed up for and left.

That’s hardly washing out, but whatever.

Those complaining about going after this kid hard are the same ones complaining about stars, which is funny cuz this guys composite score coming out of high school was a .93 4 star. The only thing I’m going to say is that this kid may not have had a fair shake at FSU. I mean look they have a guy like Cam Akers, so who’s gonna beat that kid out? Alvin Kamara didn’t work out at Bama, and he was outstanding for us! Different players but similar situations, so I believe this kid would be a great pick up for us!

Those complaining about going after this kid hard are the same ones complaining about stars, which is funny cuz this guys composite score coming out of high school was a .93 4 star. The only thing I’m going to say is that this kid may not have had a fair shake at FSU. I mean look they have a guy like Cam Akers, so who’s gonna beat that kid out? Alvin Kamara didn’t work out at Bama, and he was outstanding for us! Different players but similar situations, so I believe this kid would be a great pick up for us!

Kamara would have been even better for us, if he had actually got to play more.

“The most appealing thing about Tennessee right now: I think they’re just being the most authentic, just keeping it real with me,” said White, a former four-star prospect from North Fort Myers (Fla.) High School. “Just basically saying, ‘We understand you already had three years wasted. You only have two left,’ understanding about (how) my grades were low. “They’re trying to help me graduate, get a degree — just stuff like that.”

“Nobody’s out in front — 50-50.” White said he plans “to sign this month,” but he “most likely” will graduate in May before enrolling at the school of his choice.

“Basically, when they talked about the business side, basically they said that I have two years left and I don’t have time to waste, and they need a back and they don’t have time to waste,” White said of the Vols. “So it’s basically like business partners trying to get a job done.”

“I went to Tennessee twice in high school — once for a camp, and then one time I think I just went out there to check out the facility,” White said. “I liked the mountains — kind of peaceful. I just liked it.” When he returns to Knoxville next week, he said he will be “maybe just checking out the staff, because it’s a whole different staff since I was there last time.” “But I’ve already visited around the campus, know the spots around the school and stuff like that,” White added.

He has rushed for 849 yards and nine touchdowns so far this year at Iowa Western, rushing for more than 100 yards in five of his seven games and averaging 6.8 yards per carry. This time around, White said he has a good idea of what he’s hoping to find in a school. “I’ve done been through it, so I kind of know what I want,” he said, “so I feel like my decision will just be based off what I need and what’s best for me.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if deciding not to enroll in January (or not being academically eligible to enroll early) will hurt him? Having him in the system and going through offseason workouts and spring practice would have been a plus. With only two years of eligibility, we'd need him to be a difference maker right away.

247 finally gave him a JUCO profile. Haven't rated him yet though

VN Store

Back