'20 JUCO RB Zaquandre White

I would say yes. You need at least 3rb to make it through a year. If one injury happens you are now relying on 2 with one being a underclasseman.

How worried should we be about Chandler leaving. I think he's a good player but he hasn't shown enough to go to the NFL yet.
Jordan should still be here as well. I think if we need a big back, we should just give crouch a few carries a game.

Jordan should still be here as well. I think if we need a big back, we should just give crouch a few carries a game.

With Bituli leaving, Crouch will be a starter at ILB along with Toot next season. With both of them being freshmen, I would live to get 3 more seasons out of both of them. 2 very talented players out of a class slam full of them. We have about what 7 or 8 starters out of last years class and several others seeing playing time. Great class last year.

I , too would like to see Crouch get a few carries in the open field, and all of them in goal line situations. He is up to 250lbs and all muscle. He can move the pile, we just have to be careful with him there because we need him desperately as a full time starter at ILB next year and beyond. We cant afford for him to get hurt.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Assuming Ty Chandler does not leave, do we even need a second back? Only 2 are getting reps really right now anyway. Plus we'll finally have a bigger back with hodge coming in.

Unless they're NOT getting Hodge. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up as a Senior.

So... White was ejected from games in HS and at FSU for throwing punches. He was arrested for multiple misdemeanors (drug-related), suspended several times for disciplinary reasons, then academically suspended. We need a RB... but talk about high-risk.

OUCH! Don't need that trouble when your trying to cleaning out the garbage as it is.

With Bituli leaving, Crouch will be a starter at ILB along with Toot next season. With both of them being freshmen, I would live to get 3 more seasons out of both of them. 2 very talented players out of a class slam full of them. We have about what 7 or 8 starters out of last years class and several others seeing playing time. Great class last year.

I , too would like to see Crouch get a few carries in the open field, and all of them in goal line situations. He is up to 250lbs and all muscle. He can move the pile, we just have to be careful with him there because we need him desperately as a full time starter at ILB next year and beyond. We cant afford for him to get hurt.
I think whether or not Crouch remains inside depends on who we sign. If we somehow landed Sewell and the Memphis ILBs, Crouch could be moved back out.

I think whether or not Crouch remains inside depends on who we sign. If we somehow landed Sewell and the Memphis ILBs, Crouch could be moved back out.
I think they’d play Sewell at OLB. He’s already over 260 and would be easier to play as a situational DL type of guy like they do with Darrell Taylor/Deandre Johnson

"I talk to coach (David) Johnson," said White, who will have two years to play two years where ever he goes. "I like how he keeps hitting me up to make sure everything is going well and to check on me. He tells me that they like that I'm a dominant back. It's appealing that they want me to come in and be their guy."

Tennessee was the first school to offer White, when he came out of Fort Myers, Florida a couple of years back. He's known about Rocky Top, but doesn't know much.

"They have a nice strong culture," White said about his limited knowledge of the Vols. "The coaches want to get me down their for a game and a visit and I hope to make that happen. I'm sure we will get something set up."

One of the things that appeals to White is the story of a former Vol, who has taken the road less traveled to get back to power 5 opportunities.

"I like Alvin Kamara a lot," White said. "He went to Tennessee and I like his story and how it's similar to mine. I love the way he plays the game."

White was recruited to FSU by former Vol Jay Graham, who was a Seminole assistant at the time. Graham left with Jimbo Fisher to head to Texas A&M and enter current head coach Willie Taggert. That's when things went south for White in Tallahassee that led to his transfer.

"I never wanted to make that change to linebacker," White said. "I went to practice one day and they gave me a different playbook."

"I want to find a place that I can come in and play early," White said. "Since I'm coming from JUCO, I want to find the field as quick as possible."

"I'm a bigger back, but I have speed of a smaller back," White said. "I'm like a.scat-back in a bigger body. I think that's what separates me. That's what coaches tell me. That I'm always falling forward.

White plans on signing in December and will have several visits to take between now and then. South Carolina and Arkansas are also heavily in the mix for his services.
-VQ

So... White was ejected from games in HS and at FSU for throwing punches. He was arrested for multiple misdemeanors (drug-related), suspended several times for disciplinary reasons, then academically suspended. We need a RB... but talk about high-risk.

Know we need another solid RB, but that's a real tough sell. I'm a believer in second chances, but he's had several at various stops. No thanks.

Know we need another solid RB, but that's a real tough sell. I'm a believer in second chances, but he's had several at various stops. No thanks.
Same. Waste of a spot. Pattern of stupidity. We can’t afford risks on character at this point. Just now starting to get the locker room focused, don’t need anyone prone to stupid off the field decisions.

Same. Waste of a spot. Pattern of stupidity. We can’t afford risks on character at this point. Just now starting to get the locker room focused, don’t need anyone prone to stupid off the field decisions.
I agree we need to be careful with our locker room dynamic, but this is a good way to have a really bad football team. It’s risk vs reward, coaches will do their homework.

VN Store

Back