JJ do better man

. . . No doubt the SEC is all over this. I'm much more interested, and concerned, about what they say than I am any of us. And honestly, I trust the SEC Office to get this right about as much as I trust their officiating when one team on the field is Alabama.

One point of clarification. If JJ had been a Bama player, the Vandy player would have been flagged for removing his helmet during a play, and then hitting JJ's foot leading with his head. Targeting. Ejected.

I’ve watched it too many times and am not convinced the helmet was ripped off. The struggle could have just as easily been for the ball. It’s pretty common for guys to struggle over the ball well after the play. Bottom line is you really can’t see what’s happening from any of the videos.
Nothing is going to happen

Well, let me clear that up for you.

"There is no debating the helmet was ripped off".

Hope that helps.

As I said in a previous post the scrum may have been a little excessive, but Vanderbilt poked the bear all night. Cheap shots from the beginning when their RB ripped our defenders helmet off. You know kind of like the kid who ran a stick down the fence with the dog behind it and the dog finally had its day. GBO

As I said in a previous post the scrum may have been a little excessive, but Vanderbilt poked the bear all night. Cheap shots from the beginning when their RB ripped our defenders helmet off. You know kind of like the kid who ran a stick down the fence with the dog behind it and the dog finally had its day. GBO
That damn number 10 was a little piece of chit all night. Gah! He made ME wanna run down there and yank a knot in his tail.

No these people are snowflakes for being outraged over something that no one actually gives a single **** about. Just making up drama out of nowhere for attention.

IF Roles reversed and JJ is on the ground, that Snowflake club would have a lot of new members on VN. No one would shrug it off

Reactions: Titan05
Check out this gem from the vandy “message board “ . I for one will donate the first $100 to get JJ& VandyBrad together as his big bad workplace A001B0FC-5B07-4BDE-9A70-FA4F1A265A8B.png

Reactions: ksgovols
I don’t know if it was intentional or not. What I do know is that the video clip to anyone that isn’t a Tennessee fan is going to look bad. There was some extracurricular on the ground after a big hit on the sideline, followed by a step on someone’s face. Plain and simple it looks bad on video. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some type of repercussion, deserved or not, for Jennings in the bowl game.
Ive watched this video probably 25 times, he didnt "stomp" the guy, he did "step" on his face. Whether it was intentional or not, who knows. I do know his head was turned in the opposite direction looking towards the field when he got off the guy and stepped on his face. There was definitely some trash talking going on before he got up so who know's what was said and who said what. As far as doing something to JJ for the bowl game, there was no flag on the play and there or nothing to officially to review. So if you do something to him now, you might as well take all the refs off the field and let camera's make all the calls and keep one ref on the field to relay the calls.

I watched it like 10 times. Paused; backed up; replayed; etc. It's ugly, but it's not damning. Hard tackle (out of bounds); melee on the sideline; pigpile (been there, done that); and another almost melee at the point of separation. Difficult to say if it was intentional or not. A lot of moving parts during the couple of seconds in question. In the end, only JJ knows.

No doubt the SEC is all over this. I'm much more interested, and concerned, about what they say than I am any of us. And honestly, I trust the SEC Office to get this right about as much as I trust their officiating when one team on the field is Alabama.

Which is not at all. Regardless of which way it goes.

So, Go Vols.

Edit: Don't be surprised if the SEC circles the wagons here. UT is going to a bowl game. Vandy is not. The SEC wants its' bowl teams to represent well. They know JJ is a key part of our offense. Since no flags were thrown when it happened, I'd look for the SEC to back the officials (go figure), and go back-channel to put UT and JJ on notice that they will be watching him through a microscope if he returns next year. JMO.
Do not disagree with you at all. But, there is no way he can return next year.

Reactions: allvol
My main question is why is JJ’s moment bringing so many discussions around the sports world and ahead of UGA’s fist punches and dragging a guy by his Face mask into a wall? That was much more egregious in my book, but JJ seems to be the main discussion—and not just here.

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back