'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

I want to keep him and get a recruiter elsewhere
When I had @bignewt over for dinner back before the season, he asked me what I thought about recruiting. I told him then that recruiting was the least of my worries about this staff. I still believe that.

I think this staff will get players that they can win with, at a high level. It may not be great by 247/rivals/ESPN standards but it will be great by the staff's standards. Over the years my respect for recruiting rankings has diminished dramatically. Keep developing what we've got and recruiting will take care of itself.

When I had @bignewt over for dinner back before the season, he asked me what I thought aboutre cruiting. I told him then that recruiting was the least of my worries about this staff. I still believe that.

I think this staff will get players that they can win with, at a high level. It may not be great by 247/rivals/ESPN standards but it will be great by the staff's standards. Over the years my respect for recruiting rankings has diminished dramatically. Keep developing what we've got and recruiting will take care of itself.
When am I going to be invited over for dinner?

When I had @bignewt over for dinner back before the season, he asked me what I thought aboutre cruiting. I told him then that recruiting was the least of my worries about this staff. I still believe that.

I agreed then and now. Development >>>> recruiting

Grow some balls...Grow some balls...Grow some balls...Grow some balls...Grow some balls...Grow some balls...

😁
I’ll dedicate my right nut dominate Florida the rest of my life and my left nut to dominate Bama the rest of my life.

I don’t need ‘em anymore anyway. Might as well.

I agreed then and now. Development >>>> recruiting
If a recruit can't see that Rocker is a good developer, especially in the rotating scheme UT is currently using then that's a short-sighted recruit to start with. Rocker is a soft-spoken teacher but you keep mucking up and see how fast he lights yo azz up. Players have a great deal of respect for him as well as Rump cause those two take care of UT's front. A little more depth is re-loading now.

From AU Rivals -

Omari Thomas wondered what a game would be like inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

He no longer was to wonder. Thomas, a four-star defensive tackle from Briarcrest Christian in Eads, Tenn., was in Auburn this weekend on an official visit. He watched from the front row as Auburn beat No. 5 Alabama, 48-45. “It was a really good game,” Thomas said. “The atmosphere was crazy. It being the Iron Bowl just made it even better. Auburn came out and played hard. They played with intensity.”

Thomas kept a close eye on Auburn’s defensive line.“I looked at Marlon (Davidson) and Derrick (Brown) and saw how they played,” Thomas said. “They are really good players and I watched them so I could take things from their games.”

Thomas was impressed with Auburn’s defensive line, but not surprised. “They are good, real good,” Thomas said. “Because they are coached by Coach G (Rodney Garner).”

Thomas met with Garner, coach Gus Malzahn and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. He also had the opportunity to experience the postgame locker room. “We went on the field a little bit and in the locker room,” Thomas said. “The locker room was crazy.”

Thomas will take an official visit to Florida next weekend (Dec. 6-8) and then announce his college choice on Dec. 9. Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M are his finalists.
“Auburn is high,” he said. “I liked what I saw. I enjoyed it a lot.”
06C6893A-4CE6-408F-B8A6-130C81D02280.gif

From AU Rivals -

Omari Thomas wondered what a game would be like inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

He no longer was to wonder. Thomas, a four-star defensive tackle from Briarcrest Christian in Eads, Tenn., was in Auburn this weekend on an official visit. He watched from the front row as Auburn beat No. 5 Alabama, 48-45. “It was a really good game,” Thomas said. “The atmosphere was crazy. It being the Iron Bowl just made it even better. Auburn came out and played hard. They played with intensity.”

Thomas kept a close eye on Auburn’s defensive line.“I looked at Marlon (Davidson) and Derrick (Brown) and saw how they played,” Thomas said. “They are really good players and I watched them so I could take things from their games.”

Thomas was impressed with Auburn’s defensive line, but not surprised. “They are good, real good,” Thomas said. “Because they are coached by Coach G (Rodney Garner).”

Thomas met with Garner, coach Gus Malzahn and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. He also had the opportunity to experience the postgame locker room. “We went on the field a little bit and in the locker room,” Thomas said. “The locker room was crazy.”

Thomas will take an official visit to Florida next weekend (Dec. 6-8) and then announce his college choice on Dec. 9. Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M are his finalists.
“Auburn is high,” he said. “I liked what I saw. I enjoyed it a lot.”

Wish he could've been there when I was last there. When we beat that freaking Gus Bus and broke it down on the side of the road.

VN Store

Back