'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

Auburn mod said “Omari is all Tennessee” this morning. They are pursuing Dallas Walker.

giphy.gif

Pruitt always says our players are our best recruiters, this is where I want them focused. Rocker strikes me as the older dad type. Finds all the butt kissing as foolishness but loves those guys like sons.
Hope our guys really push that with these visitors.
Sounds like my kind of guy.

I think all Rocker needs is a few players drafted. It's coming.

Did Tennessee recruit Dallas Walker? Can't remember much traction with him. "Traction" one of those great recruiting terms.

From AU Rivals -

Omari Thomas wondered what a game would be like inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

He no longer was to wonder. Thomas, a four-star defensive tackle from Briarcrest Christian in Eads, Tenn., was in Auburn this weekend on an official visit. He watched from the front row as Auburn beat No. 5 Alabama, 48-45. “It was a really good game,” Thomas said. “The atmosphere was crazy. It being the Iron Bowl just made it even better. Auburn came out and played hard. They played with intensity.”

Thomas kept a close eye on Auburn’s defensive line.“I looked at Marlon (Davidson) and Derrick (Brown) and saw how they played,” Thomas said. “They are really good players and I watched them so I could take things from their games.”

Thomas was impressed with Auburn’s defensive line, but not surprised. “They are good, real good,” Thomas said. “Because they are coached by Coach G (Rodney Garner).”

Thomas met with Garner, coach Gus Malzahn and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele. He also had the opportunity to experience the postgame locker room. “We went on the field a little bit and in the locker room,” Thomas said. “The locker room was crazy.”

Thomas will take an official visit to Florida next weekend (Dec. 6-8) and then announce his college choice on Dec. 9. Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Texas A&M are his finalists.
“Auburn is high,” he said. “I liked what I saw. I enjoyed it a lot.”

“They’re high,” Thomas said. “I like what I saw. My first game was crazy and I just enjoyed it a lot.”

“I felt that it was a real good game,” Thomas said. “It was my first game here at Auburn. I got a chance to see the environment. The atmosphere was crazy. And it was the Iron Bowl, so that made it an even better game. Then, Auburn came out played hard and played with intensity. Just got a chance see a good game. It just actually gave me a chance to see a game here at Auburn because the other time I came for an unofficial I didn’t get a chance to see a game. I really enjoyed it.”

“Just being able to look at Marlon (Davidson) and Derrick (Brown) and see how they play, they’re real good players,” Thomas said. “I just looked to take stuff from their game and make the best out of it for me. They’re good. Real good. Crazy. Especially getting coached by (defensive line coach Rodney Garner).”

“We went on the field a little bit,” Thomas said. “We couldn’t go out there all the way but I was in the locker room. The locker room was crazy.”
-Niebuhr

I think Rocker is probably one of the best position coaches in all of college football. What he's done with this patchwork DL this year is quite remarkable. His weakness seems to be on the trail. He's an older guy so maybe he doesn't relate well and has that "get off my lawn" type attitude. Who knows? Maybe he doesn't have that youthful energy. He's a very good coach though and I'm glad we have him.
I want to keep him and get a recruiter elsewhere

VN Store

Back