ESPN bowl projection

Tennessee would beat both Iowa and Minnesota handily.

Take off the orange shaded glasses for a second. We've had a stunning and awesome turnaround, but handily is a stretch. We doubled up Mizzou in total yardage on Saturday and won by 4 points. We haven't truly blown anyone out all season, no UAB does not count. I think we'd beat Iowa and possibly Minnesota, but this board is notorious for taking a little bit of success and letting it get to our heads. We aren't blowing out any Top 15 teams. Win? Sure.

Top 20 Ranked team and Tennessee as an UnderDog... See if we can go for broke and make the top 25

At this point considering how the season started, any bowl will do. Win or lose. But for max effect, beating Michigan or Penn State would best polish up the Power T. Revenge against Franklin or shutting up Harbaugh. Damn. That is a tough choice. But right now, I want to see Candy humiliated. That ought to interest a few recruits.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Michigan fans think we suck and don’t want us in a bowl :)

Attachments

• 6786BAE1-23D1-43A2-A1B0-5D22B3D3DCB1.png
    6786BAE1-23D1-43A2-A1B0-5D22B3D3DCB1.png
    640.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 8B3F7AF1-9D8C-41B1-9DAF-9928704B62F6.png
    8B3F7AF1-9D8C-41B1-9DAF-9928704B62F6.png
    576.8 KB · Views: 63
The Tennessee-Michigan match up headlines write themselves.

2002 rematch.

Recruiting battles from 2018.

Harbaugh trying to screw over Solomon.

I think both teams would get hyped up for that game and it would be fun to watch.

Recruits want to play the big names. Indiana is like Illinois which is like Rutgers. Who cares?

You can sell recruits on playing against historical powers like Penn St or Michigan.

Ask a recruit if he would rather have a guaranteed win against Indiana or a chance at a win versus Michigan or Penn St. I think we all know that answer

Even if we were to get Indiana, that is no guaranteed win. For the final chapter of our graduating players careers, I want the best chance for them to have a great ending. That is a chance to beat Penn State or Michigan. But to get that, they really need to curb stomp Vanderbilt.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Michigan fans think- We are a very mediocre SEC team and recruits won’t be interested in this game.

Now I want us to play the Wusserines!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Tennessee would beat both Iowa and Minnesota handily.

Iowa is very very good defensively. They are well coached and field an experienced and disciplined team. They are not explosive offensively, and play under center with a pro style offense. They drive the football. I believe Tennessee could beat them, but it would be a scrap. I would not be surprised to lose to them. They are better than any team Tennessee has beaten this year.

Iowa is very very good defensively. They are well coached and field an experienced and disciplined team. They are not explosive offensively, and play under center with a pro style offense. They drive the football. I believe Tennessee could beat them, but it would be a scrap. I would not be surprised to lose to them. They are better than any team Tennessee has beaten this year.
Yeah I hear this a lot. Tennessee is just as physical and has more speed everywhere. We would beat them by 17+

No way....Iowa is slow (as always), has no offense (as always), and would get manhandled by our defense

You mean like they did with an extra week to prepare for a weak Missouri team? We get blown out against PSU. I think we have a shot against Michigan. I think that would be a great test.

If I remember correct, CJP said we had 2 practices last week. We will have 15 before the Bowl game. Get everyone healthy and I think our staff is better, not saying it's a win just like our chances. GBO!!!

I"ll take on Michigan also. GBO!!!

How many times have Ohio St and Michigan beaten UT, Alabama, UF, or any of the traditional powers? They have like a sub .200 win percentage in the last 30 years. The Big 10 is a big pile of ****.
against “traditional” SEC powers over the past 30 years. Michigan is 6-3, Ohio State is 1-6 and Penn St is 6-7. That’s a little better than .200

We are playing better yes but we should pump our brakes asking for Penn state or Michigan. I would prefer a lesser opponent this year. The team has shown improvement but we haven't beaten a good team yet. Be careful what you ask for.

I think the Vols will get the bowl bid of a 9-3 team they should have been rather than the 7-5 they are. They remember what you do in November.

Vols should play where a 9-3 team should play.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back