ESPN bowl projection

I don't think we should shy away from anyone. There is a list of teams I don't feel we are quite ready for...but the Big10 is generally slower.

Selfishly...I want the Belk Bowl. It's the shortest drive for me. I'm in the middle of shelling out 8 grand for my kids to go to Ireland and England and no way the wife is giving the go ahead for a bowl that needs a flightplan.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yes because you’ve proven time and time again that your football acumen is off the charts......
I played the sport and know it like the back of my hand. As a fan I'm looking for the season to end on a 6 game winning streak. I'm sure the players would love to play Michigan or Penn state. But be honest with yourself the play you have seen all year we will lose. I'm home sitting on the couch I have no reason to stick out my chest. It's better to end the season winning than with a L.

This is frickin ridiculous. Never seen such a bunch of pussies lol. It’s obvious that most of you have never played football. These boys feed off the chance to play the big guys. Who the heck cares if you beat up on a lesser opponent. It’s like braggin about beating your little brother. No one will remember Tennessee beating Iowa. But if underdog Tennessee shows up and punches PSU or MU in the mouth, folks won’t soon forget. If they loose, so what! Life will go on. You think guys like JJ wouldn’t want the chance at a big game?
The part that you don't understand is right now we are little brother. We are the 6th or 7th best team in our conference so why all of a sudden we need to play Penn state. We are trying to build a program get recruits to come. So I guess telling them we tried our best is better than a 6 game streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: FBtime and TNfan#2
The part that you don't understand is right now we are little brother. We are the 6th or 7th best team in our conference so why all of a sudden we need to play Penn state. We are trying to build a program get recruits to come. So I guess telling them we tried our best is better than a 6 game streak.
You thinking Penn State is some Juggernaut is a little disturbing. There are only a few teams in the country that would handle us and Penn state isn't one of them.

Give me the highest rated team possible. No one expected us to beat Ohio State in 1996. Helped our program tremendously.

I remember that game. I disagree. I think s lot of folks had us winning. We were only a one loss team with a the 2nd half meltdown against Florida. I expected us to win that year.

Oh...don't get my opinion of the likely outcome confused with my desired opponent. IDC who we play. I just don't think we're beating Penn State

It makes me mad to think about the three Penn State losses. No way we should have lost all three. A stain on Fulmer’s legacy as he was clearly out coached. The last time we met I think Paterno was in a wheelchair and looked like he didn’t even know where he was. I would love to absolutely destroy Penn State and regain some sense of dignity. Not sure if this year is the right year though. On a positive note, I think Johnny at least embarrassed Paterno in his early tenure.

Latest Bowl Projections
ESPN: Outback vs. Penn State

ESPN: Gator vs. Michigan

CBS: Music City vs. Louisville

Sporting News: Liberty vs. Iowa State

CFB News: Liberty vs. Iowa State

247Sports: Gator vs. Iowa

Banner Society: Belk vs. Pitt

SDS: Gator vs. Indiana

Outside of the first two, all of the others look like snoozers. Not saying we win or are in the same league as the first two but I would be glued to the game during its entirety. Could say the same about the other matchups.

Yes. Our 5 game win streak will be nice but honestly we haven’t dominated anyone - maybe SC with the return and blocked punt adding to the score. I’m happy that we have found ways to close out tight games against mediocre opponents but I haven’t seen us light it up against anyone that gives me confidence that we could handily beat a more talented team. I love the thought of challenging a better team but I don’t see any evidence that we would beat Mich or PSU ‘easily’ or by multiple scores.

Reactions: TNfan#2
I get where you’re coming from. But I guess folks just think differently. I believe kids still come to Tennessee to have a chance at those matchups. Even if they lose I believe some of these recruits would look at Tennessee and see how close they are. And think that they could have a real shot at immediate playing time on a good football team. Besides that, it makes a lot more noise when little brother surprises a team that nobody thinks they’ll beat. College football is a crazy game. Any given day anything can happen.

I get where you’re coming from. But I guess folks just think differently. I believe kids still come to Tennessee to have a chance at those matchups. Even if they lose I believe some of these recruits would look at Tennessee and see how close they are. And think that they could have a real shot at immediate playing time on a good football team. Besides that, it makes a lot more noise when little brother surprises a team that nobody thinks they’ll beat. College football is a crazy game. Any given day anything can happen.
I hear you friend, but hell we just figured out how to throw a pass. We can't live in the past as if we're the same program. I just believe that all positive outcomes is what we need at this time.

Reactions: TNfan#2

VN Store

Back