Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP, but it's good to have a player like this. We better enjoy his time here, because I have feeling it's going to feel like he wasn't here even a year.

He’s so good.

Crazy thing is he’s an a 18 year old kid. And shocker... he still looks like an 18 year old kid.

With work, and time, his body is going to continue to change. More muscle, more definition, more burst, more power.

Gonna be fun watching him grow as a player.

Best part is he’s got the goods upstairs too, and he’ll continue to grow in that regard as well.

Listened to the Nigel Warrior interview. One of the reporters was a douche and kept asking about the past, and Nigel shut him down. Good for him. Could be a few guesses to who it was, Knoxville "media' is a joke.
Two different "reporters" did that to Pruitt in the Monday press conference this week exactly about Warrior. CJP felt compelled to say at one point, "I didn't say that. You said it. Don't put words in my mouth."* Then he ended the press conference rather quickly thereafter. So they've hatched this over the course of several days. I guess it's the best way they can up with right now to hurt the team, since Warrior is getting better every week.
* Approximate but very close; from memory.

Last edited:
So here's what I think has happened.

I think we had roughly 4 initial counters in 2019 to "mess with" once the dust settled. We had a total of 6 counter transfer out (Murphy, Jones, Gray, Reid, Ignont, Bailey). Aubrey Solomon & Deangelo Gibbs both arrived in Spring, so they are now each eligible to be counted without going against an initial having completed an academic year at UT. But with the freeing up of the counters due to transfer and medical retirements, you could -in theory- award aid to walk-ons (even first year guys) now and them not go on scholarship until Spring.

Which would allow you to shift them to the 2019 counters, once you shifted Aubrey/Gibbs to non-initial counters due to transfer attrition.

In short the 3 freshmen will end up counting against 2019 class, but won't technically be on scholarship until spring 2020. The staff likely awarded them now because the bylaw states you can count them towards the year awarded OR the ensuing year.

He’s so good.

Crazy thing is he’s an a 18 year old kid. And shocker... he still looks like an 18 year old kid.

With work, and time, his body is going to continue to change. More muscle, more definition, more burst, more power.

Gonna be fun watching him grow as a player.

Best part is he’s got the goods upstairs too, and he’ll continue to grow in that regard as well.
He is going to be our most important player next year. Linebacker group is very young and it's going to be hard to replace what Bituli brings in terms of leadership.

Reactions: Pane di mais
So here's what I think has happened.

I think we had roughly 4 initial counters in 2019 to "mess with" once the dust settled. We had a total of 6 counter transfer out (Murphy, Jones, Gray, Reid, Ignont, Bailey). Aubrey Solomon & Deangelo Gibbs both arrived in Spring, so they are now each eligible to be counted without going against an initial having completed an academic year at UT. But with the freeing up of the counters due to transfer and medical retirements, you could -in theory- award aid to walk-ons (even first year guys) now and them not go on scholarship until Spring.

Which would allow you to shift them to the 2019 counters, once you shifted Aubrey/Gibbs to non-initial counters due to transfer attrition.

In short the 3 freshmen will end up counting against 2019 class, but won't technically be on scholarship until spring 2020. The staff likely awarded them now because the bylaw states you can count them towards the year awarded OR the ensuing year.

You don’t get initial counter spots (25) back when a player transfers out like Murphy, jones, gray or Reid.

That’s not how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back