Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every QB throws ints and makes poor decisions. He drove the ball right down the field prior to that and made a poor decision instead of just throwing the ball away.
He sure did. He made the same mistake last week. But that was his first INT on the year, and I don't think it would have been the only one. Our D has given up immediate points before they get settled-in as a (troubling) pattern. SC and KY also both scored first drive but we settled down and we made adjustments. I'm of the school that we might have won that game, given fair officiating. But all of that doesn't negate that he is a real talent. It was only yesterday I made my Jets crack to you about Namath having bad knees and somehow getting by, remember?

Last edited:
JG will have the best game of his career on Saturday. Just like this team, he’s turned the corner, too. Can’t wait. We are going to win BIG!!!
I haven’t felt good about beating Mizzou since they joined the league. It’s different this year. I have a gut feeling we are going to steamroll them Saturday night.
Hell, could just be gas. Idk. Go Vols regardless.

To me it was Kentucky, and we won. Obviously still have to win one more, but Vandy looks like an easy win. No huge difference between 6-6 and 7-5 and we might even get the same bowl destination either way.
As much as this team has improved over the course of the season, I'm still not to the point to where I can really believe that anyone is going to be an easy win. That feeling is mainly based off of what we've seen from the offense. Simply put, we don't run it well and we don't throw it well. We've had to rely on chunk plays to Jennings and Calloway to get most of our production. The defense has been outstanding however. Add that in with the kicking game and I think we have a decent shot to finish 7-5.

We can lose to Missouri. We can't lose to Vandy. That game is bigger than this one.

It’s a big game because 7-5 and 5-3 in the sec is just a lot different than 6-6. Guarantees a winning season. And would give 4 wins that most would have had as tossups at best

Going 8-5 after that 0-2 start would really be saying something.

6-6 is one bowl loss from a losing record...

Like Butchna said Baseball is a totally different beast. You are the one that looks foolish. If you think our coaches would utilize three initial counters to take away from the “25” for next year you are an idiot plain and simple.

The rule Butchna cited clearly details the issue that took place. We lost 3 individuals who voluntarily withdrew from the institution and those 3 “counters” were given to 3 athletes within the same year hence the reason they aren’t considered “initial counters for next year” per the guideline. There does not have to be any type of appeal or waiver granted it is just allowed. It’s pretty freaking simple.

If that was a thing, it would be well known. Bama and others would have 10 leave every Fall and sign 35 new.

But those bylaws are just counter replacements. The bylaw is poorly worded, but the proposal makes it clear it is a replacement. Old guy off, new guy on. Like always, the guy no longer on scholarship is off the counter list, guy currently on scholarship is on it. The bylaw says the "second player" is not a counter for the remainder of that academic term. It should be more clear by saying the "outgoing player". Think they were just making it clear there won't be a double counting.

And if this was a way around the 25, there would also have to be an exception to the signing limit if this was a thing. Signing limit is just as important.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
4 of the top 10 commits in Tennessee basketball history will be on the same team next year assuming JJJ doesn't go pro. At this point there's no way he does but I'm sure he will get better through the year.

JJJ is the only Vol of any sport I've ever had inside info on, and probably the only one I ever will. I can say without a doubt that he has no plans or desire to be a one-and-doner. If he changes his mind it won't be because he sets college bb on fire.

It’s a big game because 7-5 and 5-3 in the sec is just a lot different than 6-6. Guarantees a winning season. And would give 4 wins that most would have had as tossups at best

Going 8-5 after that 0-2 start would really be saying something.

6-6 is one bowl loss from a losing record...

Well I know winning both is preferable but if we lose to Vandy **** is going down

If that was a thing, it would be well known. Bama and others would have 10 leave every Fall and sign 35 new.

But those bylaws are just counter replacements. Basically increasing how many EEs you can fit in. The bylaw is poorly worded, but the proposal makes it clear it is a replacement. Old guy off, new guy on. Like always, guy no longer on scholarship is off counter list, guy currently on scholarship is on it. The bylaw says the "second player" is not a counter for the remainder of that academic term. It should be more clear by saying the "outgoing player". Think they were just making it clear there won't be a double counting.

And if this was a way around the 25, there would also have to be an exception to the signing limit if this was a thing. Signing limit is just as important.

They don’t want to hear that. They think they solved the riddle with that one rule that isn’t even relevant. They aren’t smart enough to know it

The Missouri game is huge to keep our confidence and execution growing, to get a second road win, and to finish with a winning SEC record, which has only been done once since Fulmer.

Well I know winning both is preferable but if we lose to Vandy **** is going down

Haha. I get you.

I just think if you win both a reasonable person can really feel good about Pruitt being the guy long term

For me at least 6-6 doesn’t do that

As much as this team has improved over the course of the season, I'm still not to the point to where I can really believe that anyone is going to be an easy win. That feeling is mainly based off of what we've seen from the offense. Simply put, we don't run it well and we don't throw it well. We've had to rely on chunk plays to Jennings and Calloway to get most of our production. The defense has been outstanding however. Add that in with the kicking game and I think we have a decent shot to finish 7-5.

True. And I actually wonder how the Mason being safe this year thing will play out vs us. Will it fire the team up? Or will they play lackluster because he's already lost the locker room and those guys know he can't win games? I think they might have played harder if his future was uncertain because he could have given them a "win one for the Gipper" speech before his termination.

Haha. I get you.

I just think if you win both a reasonable person can really feel good about Pruitt being the guy long term

For me at least 6-6 doesn’t do that
I agree, he really needs to win both to get back the good will he lost earlier this year

But those bylaws are just counter replacements. The bylaw is poorly worded, but the proposal makes it clear it is a replacement. Old guy off, new guy on. Like always, the guy no longer on scholarship is off the counter list, guy currently on scholarship is on it. The bylaw says the "second player" is not a counter for the remainder of that academic term. It should be more clear by saying the "outgoing player". Think they were just making it clear there won't be a double counting.

Correct 3 replaced 3. Making it even. They were already on the team. The only thing that changes is the 85 number.

I kind of disagree that Mizzou is a huge game for Pruitt. Losing it means little in the grand scheme of things. They have a really good defense and our offense is not explosive. It can happen.

We CAN’T lose to Vandy though. Even if we take care of Mizzou and get eligible. Losing to Vandy does way more harm. They suck. And they are a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back