Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each of the 3 given scholarships were all freshman, so no sort of red tape with "sitting out" a year etc. to put them on scholarship. Also super happy for all 3 of these kids. I really think/hope to see Montgomery blossom in the coming years.

That really isn’t true. I know there is a rule against it so if we are getting around it(counting them on a class of 25) there is certainly red tape

I go to the gym everyday around 5:30 am. Today I was treated with watching a grown man pick his nose , look at his finger , and promptly pop a booger in his mouth. I will be skipping breakfast this morning.
I've never understood this thought process. Are you eating it for the extra calories? Because you are too lazy to wipe it? Why would you eat it.

That really isn’t true. I know there is a rule against it so if we are getting around it(counting them on a class of 25) there is certainly red tape

What really isn't true about my post Bruin?

One player (Hill) was on scholarship at Maryland, he entered the transfer portal in February 2019. Finished his semester there and then in August 2019 walked on at UT. He's ineligible to play this season due to him transferring.

The other three players were all incoming freshmen, and could be given scholarships at any time if one became available throughout the season/year. That's without a doubt less red tape than the situation with Hill. Who may currently be eligible for a scholarship but would most likely have to be counted against either 2019 or 2020 class to be put on scholarship, whereas the 3 freshmen are most likely just counting against the 85 limit.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
What really isn't true about my post Bruin?

One player (Hill) was on scholarship at Maryland, he entered the transfer portal in February 2019. Finished his semester there and then in August 2019 walked on at UT. He's ineligible to play this season due to him transferring.

The other three players were all incoming freshmen, and could be given scholarships at any time if one became available throughout the season/year. That's without a doubt less red tape than the situation with Hill. Who may currently be eligible for a scholarship but would most likely have to be counted against either 2019 or 2020 class to be put on scholarship, whereas the 3 freshmen are most likely just counting against the 85 limit.

Any of the players hill or the others could have been put on scholarship from the start

The issue is they all are supposed to count against the 25 class number by rule if put on $ so soon

This discussion is how we might be skirting around that rule. My guess is that those 3 players are only going to get money in the spring and that’s it

Any of the players hill or the others could have been put on scholarship from the start

The issue is they all are supposed to count against the 25 class number by rule if put on $ so soon

This discussion is how we might be skirting around that rule. My guess is that those 3 players are only going to get money in the spring and that’s it

And where is your proof?

Being PWO may mean they were not officially recruited. No, official visits, no coaches in home etc.. That may mean there are a different set of rules. I don't know anything about this. Just throwing things out there.

Being PWO may mean they were not officially recruited. No, official visits, no coaches in home etc.. That may mean there are a different set of rules. I don't know anything about this. Just throwing things out there.

Yea that’s very possible but even a blue shirt which isn’t recruited counts against the next 25.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
2019 class we took in 22 commits & 4 transfers. Hill & Collins both as walk-ons out of those 4.

So 2019 class had 24 of 25 "counters"

In that 24 was Solomon already listed, so he was not given a scholarship initially. His "spot" is already counted in the 2019 class.

That leaves 2 spots to be counted. Melvin McBride medically retired, that would then open up his spot. Tanner Antonutti from the 2018 class has also medically retired, that would give a counter for the 2018 class possibly, which was also a class of just 22.

We currently only have 18 for the 2020 class leaving open potentially 7 spots.

According to the 2020 24/7 Scholarship distribution we only have 70 guys on scholarship (before the walk-ons). Actually 61 with assumed seniors leaving, so depending on how a few things shake out we could have 24 upto 26 or so spots available.

I don't think we've skirted any rule to give these guys scholarships. Banks is also currently off the team as well from the 2018 class, there's a few "spots" in the previous two classes that are freed up to back count against.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
These would technically blueshirts then. I wonder if their scholarships are retroactive or apply to only the spring semester?
Blueshirts put you on scholarship as soon as you enroll in the fall. It can count against the current class or the following season. Useful when there’s an academic or eligibility question and you don’t want to risk an initial. Qualify and show up and you get a scholarship. I think what we’re seeing with Kenney Solomon is what happened in 13 with Devaun Swafford. He had agreed to greyshirt but changed his mind. So instead of enrolling in the following January and immediately going on scholarship, he joined the team immediately and paid his own way for a semester...then went on scholarship in January.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I go to the gym everyday around 5:30 am. Today I was treated with watching a grown man pick his nose , look at his finger , and promptly pop a booger in his mouth. I will be skipping breakfast this morning.

I pulled out a big, cornflake booger this morning too. So crunchy and salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back