Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

Another example of you proving you don’t have a clue

He’s not agreeing with you.
He’s saying that Rule has nothing to do with counting initial counters, ie the 25

No he was saying that you can’t lose 10 old players and recruit 10 new players because that would be like signing 35 new guys.

He misinterpreted what I was saying and said it himself that 3 guys who are already on the team can replace the 3 guys who left and it not have any effect on the previous counters or initial because it puts you back at the 25. Basically 3 replace 3. Get a clue. So in turn you would still have 25 counters for the next year. You didn’t go out and just recruit 3 new players. The only number in this scenario that is effected is the 85.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
True. And I actually wonder how the Mason being safe this year thing will play out vs us. Will it fire the team up? Or will they play lackluster because he's already lost the locker room and those guys know he can't win games? I think they might have played harder if his future was uncertain because he could have given them a "win one for the Gipper" speech before his termination.
All I know is that Vanderbilt game better be a W. Heads will turn in that AD if we don't. Surely to goodness we'll be able to win that game though. We have better coaches and we have better players. Would be no excuse to drop that one.

Reactions: Aesius and Catbone
No he was saying that you can’t lose 10 old players and recruit 10 new players because that would be like signing 35 new guys.

He misinterpreted what I was saying and said it himself that 3 guys who are already on the team can replace the 3 guys who left and it not have any effect on the previous counters or initial because it puts you back at the 25. Basically 3 replace 3. Get a clue. So in turn you would still have 25 counters for the next year. You didn’t go out and just recruit 3 new players. The only number in this scenario that is effected is the 85.

Wasting your time. Spoon fed Bruin the bylaws direct from the handbook & all the different variations/ways you can have a counter without it going against an initial, he ignored all the info that didn’t suit his narrative.

The entire discussion is whether that rule means the 3 players we just put on scholarship count against the 25

He is saying you guys are wrong and that it has nothing to do with that rule

You just aren’t smart enough to see he’s saying that

Wasting your time. Spoon fed Bruin the bylaws direct from the handbook & all the different variations/ways you can have a counter without it going against an initial, he ignored all the info that didn’t suit his narrative.

Dang you arent smart enough to see @Devo182 is disagreeing with you too

It's almost like there is a pattern...
Meanwhile Wallowbear and Cat are trying to out-catastrophize each other.
Prime time.

Last edited:
The entire discussion is whether that rule means the 3 players we just put on scholarship count against the 25

He is saying you guys are wrong and that it has nothing to do with that rule

You just aren’t smart enough to see he’s saying that

If that was a thing, it would be well known. Bama and others would have 10 leave every Fall and sign 35 new. (He was saying you can’t have 10 old guys leave and Sign 35 new players)

But those bylaws are just counter replacements. The bylaw is poorly worded, but the proposal makes it clear it is a replacement. Old guy off, new guy on. Like always, the guy no longer on scholarship is off the counter list, guy currently on scholarship is on it. The bylaw says the "second player" is not a counter for the remainder of that academic term. It should be more clear by saying the "outgoing player". Think they were just making it clear there won't be a double counting. (Meaning you can’t recount 3 guys already on the team who replaced the 3 guys who left the team meaning you maintain the 25 counters for that year)

And if this was a way around the 25, there would also have to be an exception to the signing limit if this was a thing. Signing limit is just as important.

It is ridiculous that I even have to keep laying this out for you. Apparently you think Pruitt and squad would allow us to only have 22 signing spots in order to give out 3 scholarships to players who are already on the team. That is not the case and they still have 25 spots for this recruiting cycle. Now carry on.

It is ridiculous that I even have to keep laying this out for you. Apparently you think Pruitt and squad would allow us to only have 22 signing spots in order to give out 3 scholarships to players who are already on the team. That is not the case and they still have 25 spots for this recruiting cycle. Now carry on.

I don’t think the 3 guys count toward the 25. I want to know what rule we are using
To pull it off. I love trying to know ncaa rules and want to know. The rule you guys posted isn’t it.

My guess from the start is all 3 guys won’t be on scholarship next fall and thus won’t be considered an initial counter. Just a guess

To me it was Kentucky, and we won. Obviously still have to win one more, but Vandy looks like an easy win. No huge difference between 6-6 and 7-5 and we might even get the same bowl destination either way.
If we close out 8-5 and 1-0 next year, OU will become his biggest game according to many. And I hope he **** crushes it.

I don’t think the 3 guys count toward the 25. I want to know what rule we are using
To pull it off. I love trying to know ncaa rules and want to know. The rule you guys posted isn’t it.

My guess from the start is all 3 guys won’t be on scholarship next fall and thus won’t be considered an initial counter. Just a guess

Lol you don’t announce that 3 individuals got scholarships and post it on your twitter to then yank it. How about you ask @Takegame33 what type of scholarship her son got and for how long he will have it since you don’t believe anyone lol.

It’s a big game because 7-5 and 5-3 in the sec is just a lot different than 6-6. Guarantees a winning season. And would give 4 wins that most would have had as tossups at best

Going 8-5 after that 0-2 start would really be saying something.

6-6 is one bowl loss from a losing record...
To add to that, going 8-5 and finishing the season on a six game winning streak will land us in the top 25 at the end of the bowl games, and it will probably put us in the top 15 to 20 in the preseason poll.

Lol you don’t announce that 3 individuals got scholarships and post it on your twitter to then yank it. How about you ask @Takegame33 what type of scholarship her son got and for how long he will have it since you don’t believe anyone lol.
Alex, I'll take Responses to ignored Bruin without needing to unblock to know for $1000.

The issue is the by laws mention medical retirements,McBride,Antonutti, Everyone forgets, I believe we get one back for DK, but the loophole they are using had to be for outgoing transfers and how their scholarships are rewarded they would have all been used as initial counters when they signed so there must be a loophole for replacing those to walk ons without them counting as IC

Reactions: butchna

Well id say most walk ons are dang excited to get anything paid for even if it’s one semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back