'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Aside from the issue of whether or not he was paid, I'm curious about what happens if recruits are paid & subsequently change their mind? It's not like the booster(s) can sue, what are the consequences?

absolutely nothing. it is called the cost of doing business

There are two sides to that street... how many do you know for certain weren’t paid to come here?
I know one being recruited right now that hasn't been offered anything and would not go somewhere that did. He's got like 20 offers and NOBODY has offered him anything illegal. I would also think that I'd be certain players were accepting illegal benefits before I'd make a simple blanket statement that it happens a bunch everywhere.

How many players are on the Vols roster that have been paid illegal to the rules?
Illegal to the rules as in any impermissible benefit? Probably more than we would want to know. Paid money as far as their recruitment? We don’t do that kind of stuff of course. 😂

I would just say that Auburn has a long history of paying families. Or do you believe Cam Newton’s father wasn’t paid off?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I know one being recruited right now that hasn't been offered anything and would not go somewhere that did. He's got like 20 offers and NOBODY has offered him anything illegal. I would also think that I'd be certain players were accepting illegal benefits before I'd make a simple blanket statement that it happens a bunch everywhere.
Ok..

I'm more of a reader than poster in the Recruiting Forum... but I really wish this thread would die. If there's any harm that can be done to recruiting on a site like this... keeping a bitter thread going after a kid decides to go elsewhere probably does it.
He signs and it dies...til then?

Illegal to the rules as in any impermissible benefit? Probably more than we would want to know. Paid money as far as their recruitment? We don’t do that kind of stuff of course. 😂

I would just say that Auburn has a long history of paying families. Or do you believe Cam Newton’s father wasn’t paid off?
I believe it does happen in certain instances and with certain coaches. I do not believe that it happens everywhere and I don't believe it happens as much as the typical college fan who knows nothing about recruiting thinks it happens. It's a lot tougher to cheat and get away with it now-a-days. One of our Fr QBs has a tweet of him holding a stack of 100 dollar bills in what looked like his prom tux. A typical opposing fan without knowledge of how recruiting works would say Tennessee paid the kid, I would tend to think that he probably just cashed his 1st FASFA check and was showing off a bit.

He really thinks recruiting is clean..🤭🤭🤭

Yea, I guess it is up to what each person considers "clean." There are things that schools set up that are "legal" but beneficial. Then, you have the job offers to family or coaches, and that is very difficult to enforce.

You have to use your imagination.

VN Store

Back