The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Washington Game Thread, 5:00 PM ET, ESPN+

I think Barnes did that on purpose, I suspect with the short turnaround that we'll play everyone this coming Wed. Pace of play is always slow and relaxed vs teams that play a bunch of zone defense. I thought they needed that time on the floor together anyway as those are the 7 that will be closing games this year I think.
Yes RB basically said this post game interview about the zone not being so hard on the starters

Early to think about, but I’m a little concerned about the amount our top 7 is playing as far as SEC play and getting worn down.

I will say, our group inside was very solid today. Fulk, Pons, and ON played great.
Fortunately the SEC sucks. We’ll win enough games to be in the tournament. For this early in the year I’m pleased w how we played tonight

Reactions: Vols All Day
Wow, 72 of the 75 points were scored by our starters. Though he didn’t Score much ORN was really a huge part in containing their bigs which was the part of the game I was worried most about. If turner shoots anything like he can we win that by 20+. Statement win none the less, excited to see what this team can do in allen field house.

Reactions: sport3500
Final box.

EJiId-2XkAIXNBx
Don’t remember the stats from game 1, but Turner has 22 assists in the last 2!
😎
GBO!!

They have 7 footers and our leading rebounder was a PG ? That's just crazy.

They have 2 7footers I believe, but they don’t play.

They use 3, 6-9 guys regularly, but because of foul trouble their 6-10 & 6-11 guys got more time.

Wow, 72 of the 75 points were scored by our starters. Though he didn’t Score much ORN was really a huge part in containing their bigs which was the part of the game I was worried most about. If turner shoots anything like he can we win that by 20+. Statement win none the less, excited to see what this team can do in allen field house.
On the other hand Washington’s starters scored all but five of their points. Don’t know why espn made a deal out of this on the highlight line.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Final box.

EJiId-2XkAIXNBx
Wasn't able to catch the game so I just went through reading the game thread. My take away from the comments were that we were a turn over machine and couldn't make a FT. Then I see this and we had 14 TO's to their 17 and shot 79% on FT's. Some of you guys need to gain some perspective.

In my opening statement I said “fouls could be key”

I also mentioned getting their bigs in foul trouble could be huge.

Barnes is a heck of a coach. Win the match up or lose they went at their bigs, and got 2 of them to foul out.

They were also very ready for that zone.......and made it look silly at times.

VN Store

Back