The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Washington Game Thread, 5:00 PM ET, ESPN+

On the foul note

Tennessee had to make a “film & practiced” effort on getting them to foul.

Washington committed 21 compared to Tennessee’s 14.......and they had a distinct advantage down low (one would think the foul ratio would have been reversed).

Several times Turner got in front of their bigs (when bringing the ball down), and tried to make them foul him. I believe it worked twice.

Great game from James. I loved seeing take his three from the top of the key during a critical swing! I think we were up 6 or 7 at that point. He’ll come around! Great game for all the guys tonight!

On the foul note

Tennessee had to make a “film & practiced” effort on getting them to foul.

Washington committed 21 compared to Tennessee’s 14.......and they had a distinct advantage down low (one would think the foul ratio would have been reversed).

Several times Turner got in front of their bigs (when bringing the ball down), and tried to make them foul him. I believe it worked twice.
Turner is very good at selling contact.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Tennessee Volunteers: 2-0 (0-0 SEC)

20191113-102646-phpZNuUT5.jpg

vs.

#20 Washington Huskies: 2-0 (0-0 PAC-12)

gettyimages-1181459355.jpg

GAME 3 | JAMES NAISMITH CLASSIC | TENNESSEE vs. WASHINGTON - Nov. 16, 2019 | 5 p.m. ET | Scotiabank Arena (19,800)

Line: UT: +2
O/U: 134.5

TV: ESPN+ / Watch
Radio: Vol Network / Listen
Satellite Radio: Sirius: N/A, XM: N/A
Online: ESPN App

_d59wj60

Went to ESPN to see highlights. It’s all Washington. Not getting much press from them it seems. Last article was about Plavsic getting denied.

Reactions: VolDave53
Great game from James. I loved seeing take his three from the top of the key during a critical swing! I think we were up 6 or 7 at that point. He’ll come around! Great game for all the guys tonight!
I chuckled a little when he got his steal, stood there and looked like, should I or shouldn't I, then took off and dunked it.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Fulk should be great for recruiting. He has reached a level I did not think possible.

Pons had a great game (3 great games actually) but I think he needs to step up his aggression another notch. He is a foot above everyone else, look to take it to the rim! He doesn't have to shoot 80% throw it up there and if you miss get the rebound. We have enough 3 point shooters, think NBA and DRIVE!

Team defense looked great. If they continue to improve as the season goes on they will be a tough defensive team in January when conference play starts.

Pons reminds me of a 2 inch shorter Dominic Wilkins. If he’d get Dominis’s confidence going hard to the basket looking to either dunk or get fouled then his game would take another huge step forward

VN Store

Back