The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Washington Game Thread, 5:00 PM ET, ESPN+

Preseason, I thought they would be fine at that spot. However 3 games have shown otherwise.

Your statement is very true, if not an understatement......they need “ball handling” help bad.

Not that Turner can’t do it, but dang, he can’t do it alone.
JJJ will help out with the ball handling more as season progresses. Until teams find a way to stay in front of Turner I suspect we'll stay with what's working until it's not working.

Fulkerson filled up the stat sheet and UT only played 7 players in the game today.

Nice win against a likely NCAA Tournament squad.

Reactions: feathersax
Remember, last year during the season, TN got to number one! After losing almost all of the starters, is TN as good as last year? Of course not but by early season results are they a top 25 team? Absolutely! Great job by Barnes and staff managing the roster.

Yes, that's why it's called a "neutral site" game.
I think the point is that a young team not on their home floor without the support of their home crowd won a game in a foreign location. Who cares technically what it means? Maybe you should write the university a letter letting them know the egregious error in Turners judgment of stating that it was a road game. This way we will never be subjected to such a travesty going forward.

Nice to win against a top 25 team at a neutral site but playing only two guys off the bench will destroy this team by the end of the season if the bench doesn't step up.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Nice to win against a top 25 team at a neural but playing only two guys off the bench will destroy this team by the end of the season if the bench doesn't step up.

I could be way off. However I think we have seen glimpses that Gaines, and Pember can play. I think we know Johnson “can” play. I would t be too worried right now. These guys will grow into more playing time.

I also think Kent will get some time; however it “could” be just relief time.

Nice to win against a top 25 team at a neural but playing only two guys off the bench will destroy this team by the end of the season if the bench doesn't step up.
I think Barnes did that on purpose, I suspect with the short turnaround that we'll play everyone this coming Wed. Pace of play is always slow and relaxed vs teams that play a bunch of zone defense. I thought they needed that time on the floor together anyway as those are the 7 that will be closing games this year I think.

Oh lord you said at a neutral....the horror.

Well actually you said "neural" so you're on your own.

Sounds like it was a solid win. Look forward to seeing the replay once it is available somewhere. Much better start than I anticipated. Pons is a great surprise. Now that his shot is more effective he can try and take guys off the dribble when they come out after him. Athletic freak.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The Murray State game is on YouTube........but you have to watch it in video game mode.

Damn, Washington looked like they would win by 20. I mean if you were just looking at the team picture. I suspect they’ll be a lot better later in the year. Great win, but damn we need a bench. Only 6 players had minutes in the 2nd half. That’s concerning.

Damn, Washington looked like they would win by 20. I mean if you were just looking at the team picture. I suspect they’ll be a lot better later in the year. Great win, but damn we need a bench. Only 6 players had minutes in the 2nd half. That’s concerning.

Little surprised Gaines didn't play.

VN Store

Back