'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

Cause he’s that dude, but seriously we need a few DT’s because we’re gonna graduate a sh load of guys on the d line in 2020. I’d rather have a guy like Big O come in now and have a year to develop versus waiting till next year to try and address the production lost.

Cause he’s that dude, but seriously we need a few DT’s because we’re gonna graduate a sh load of guys on the d line in 2020. I’d rather have a guy like Big O come in now and have a year to develop versus waiting till next year to try and address the production lost.

I just dont think he is the #1 need at the moment. I definitely hope we land him though.

Reactions: Tetonvol
I just dont think he is the #1 need at the moment. I definitely hope we land him though.

I respect that, and me too. I think the last 2 games of the year mean a lot more to the recruiting trail than most of us would like to admit. Need those 2 wins imo. I love wait Pruitt has been able to do developmental wise with the young guys this year, I definitely think recruits see that.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I respect that, and me too. I think the last 2 games of the year mean a lot more to the recruiting trail than most of us would like to admit. Need those 2 wins imo. I love wait Pruitt has been able to do developmental wise with the young guys this year, I definitely think recruits see that.
Wasn't it the seniors who won the SC game?

Update: With thirty days left before the early signing period, the coaching staff has been reaching out to him a lot more in the past two weeks. He is still interested in Tennessee, but I was told that he wants to take his time and look around. He loves the coaching staff, and that hasn’t changed any.

Reactions: LittleVol
Do these kids that pick Auburn realize they'll be small fish in a big pond? You'll have to play Bama every year and lose. No spotlight. They have a great defense, sure, but is their DC really a renowned coach? Come to UT and play for the best defensive mind in the country. Be the big fish in a small pond. Get noticed. Please? That is all.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
lol...
giphy.gif

Do these kids that pick Auburn realize they'll be small fish in a big pond? You'll have to play Bama every year and lose. No spotlight. They have a great defense, sure, but is their DC really a renowned coach? Come to UT and play for the best defensive mind in the country. Be the big fish in a small pond. Get noticed. Please? That is all.

We, too, play bama every year and lose.

Kevin Steele. Former Vol. He's pretty well known. But I get your frustration.

Their DC was on the short list for the UT HC gig when CJP was hired. Renowned and respected.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Their DC was on the short list for the UT HC gig when CJP was hired. Renowned and respected.
Steele is a UTK player & grad. We almost hired him as head coach in 2012 when he was DC @ Clemson. We were in negotiations and possibly announcement when Clemson defense gave up over 70 points. Dropped that idea like a hot potato.

VN Store

Back