'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

I guess my problem is that people seemed so sure. It keeps happening. You would think if it was truly true, we could prove it. Just bugs me. The comments I keep seeing imply something more concrete than the normal "bagman gave them money".
Everybody does it and many benefit from it. Some are better and more creative in their methods. Ultimately nobody really wants to “prove it”. Unless you’re just blatantly stupid about how you do it, it gets overlooked.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I guess my problem is that people seemed so sure. It keeps happening. You would think if it was truly true, we could prove it. Just bugs me. The comments I keep seeing imply something more concrete than the normal "bagman gave them money".

Late, I know but if your system is organized and your "donors" stick to the system - no rogue contact with recruits or especially folks you aren't 100% sure of (think Will Wade tapes), it's almost impossible to get any governing body to act.

There was a report or book, don't remember which, a few years ago exposing Bama's entire system. How the money was funneled and how they had controlling interests in the bank that basically "laundered" the money. Detailed the infrastructure of their system from top to bottom. Reporter covered 90% of the legwork to expose the system but no one had interest in following up.

Why would they? Taking action against any of your major sources of income would be self destructive. Like being a dairy farmer and shooting your cows.
Way more money involved than there was back when they enforced most rules.

We just need to get better at the game.

Late, I know but if your system is organized and your "donors" stick to the system - no rogue contact with recruits or especially folks you aren't 100% sure of (think Will Wade tapes), it's almost impossible to get any governing body to act.

There was a report or book, don't remember which, a few years ago exposing Bama's entire system. How the money was funneled and how they had controlling interests in the bank that basically "laundered" the money. Detailed the infrastructure of their system from top to bottom. Reporter covered 90% of the legwork to expose the system but no one had interest in following up.

Why would they? Taking action against any of your major sources of income would be self destructive. Like being a dairy farmer and shooting your cows.
Way more money involved than there was back when they enforced most rules.

We just need to get better at the game.
The fact that the 13 other schools in the SEC allow this situation to go on is the reason I spend a lot less of my entertainment money on UT football now than I did 30 years ago. There is very little credibility in college athletics. Add in the incompetent officiating and you are looking at WWE level entertainment.

This is their big recruiting weekend, kinda like the one we had for Georgia. But they’re gonna get manhandled so I doubt it goes well for any of the higher ranked guys
Yeah and it looks like they have a lame duck AD and therefore probably a lame duck HC as well. Whispers around town (TIFWIW) say CJP has eased the parents minds about UT and Omari and Rodney Newsom have been spotted in Tennessee swag

Yeah and it looks like they have a lame duck AD and therefore probably a lame duck HC as well. Whispers around town (TIFWIW) say CJP has eased the parents minds about UT and Omari and Rodney Newsom have been spotted in Tennessee swag
They have a search committee headed up by Archie for a new AD right now and have already said Matt Luke will be back...

VN Store

Back