'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

dude flips to TN, and he'll be the next Billy Ratliff by this fan base. its a two way street.

I don't think so. There's still a decent group that doesn't want Cooper because of what Cade did.
Think about that one for a minute.

I may not totally agree with those that say they don't want JH, but I definitely believe them.

You’re seriously stating that Hardy would be playing the same position as Darrell Taylor, Deondre Johnson or Kivon Bennett...we’re not on the same playing field. Hardy would be in the mix of players such as Middleton, Solomon, Butler, Bumphus, Garland, Harris, Williams and Dominic Bailey (assuming he signs). That doesn’t include Gooden or Emerson when the other is manning NT or BOTH if Simmons fills the fireplug. That’s the NUMBERS.

Yep. I see the Butler kid being a more likely answer on the outside than Hardy. With all that's transpired, I think it's safe to close the book on Hardy. Just don't see a way back to UT for him. Might be wrong...often am...but I think UT should just move on and stop wasting time on a lost cause.

Frankly, I wonder if folks would be so upset if he weren't a TN kid to begin with? His tape was pretty good but nothing terribly special.

dude flips to TN, and he'll be the next Billy Ratliff by this fan base. its a two way street.
I think most of us (maybe) would accept him because of need...but he would have some work to do to win over most of us.

I mean everytime he did something wrong...like not playing up to his ranking..he would get lambasted..

I personally love a good redemption story...but until that story is told...well it will just remain what it is..a humiliated, angry and vindictive fanbase.

I don't think so. There's still a decent group that doesn't want Cooper because of what Cade did.
Think about that one for a minute.

I may not totally agree with those that say they don't want JH, but I definitely believe them.
The guys saying that about Mays are mostly fringe idiots though. Those fringe idiots would not accept Hardy now either, but I think most of the mainstream feel like me and you do.

This is interesting...I think it would be like Richmond..most of us were happy he flipped back to us on signing day, but when he did not play up to expectations there was almost no mercy or patience for him.

I have always felt that was a residual bad feeling toward him because of how he had pissed everybody off to start with when he pulled a Hardy in committing to Ole Puss after reportedly being all Vol for a long time...with the obvious then, and widely known now, slimy OM cheating going on.

I think most of us (maybe) would accept him because of need...but he would have some work to do to win over most of us.

I mean everytime he did something wrong...like not playing up to his ranking..he would get lambasted..

I personally love a good redemption story...but until that story is told...well it will just remain what it is..a humiliated, angry and vindictive fanbase.
I dont think it'd be an easy road to achieve endearment but wishing him to fail as a Vol would be wishing Tennessee to fail and that wouldnt make much sense.

The guys saying that about Mays are mostly fringe idiots though. Those fringe idiots would not accept Hardy now either, but I think most of the mainstream feel like me and you do.

Would be interesting to see the %. I agree it's the fringe with Cooper because it wasn't his fault to begin with. Never should have been upset with him.

But I bet the number goes way up if Cade wanted to transfer here.

1 thing I believe.. we have an extremely passionate fanbase and they will call people out from 20 years ago, if they truly spurned TN. The thing that makes us a little crazy is the same thing that makes us the best fanbase I've seen.

You already know IG, snap whatever, isn't my thing, what's up?
His account or nah?
It’s his account, was screenshot by a vol fan. I’m sure he was just responding to accusations that AU paid him. But, not the way to do it Jay, no reason to throw the fan base that accepted you the most under the bus. He needs to be better than that.

Now, gotta dig out from all this snow (sarcasm), took me awhile last to get the kid to bed. Not sure if it’s the S word that excites them or the thought of no school? Both? Anyway, 2 hr delay, y’all be careful digging out, no heart attacks from the shoveling...

It’s his account, was screenshot by a vol fan. I’m sure he was just responding to accusations that AU paid him. But, not the way to do it Jay, no reason to throw the fan base that accepted you the most under the bus. He needs to be better than that.

Now, gotta dig out from all this snow (sarcasm), took me awhile last to get the kid to bed. Not sure if it’s the S word that excites them or the thought of no school? Both? Anyway, 2 hr delay, y’all be careful digging out, no heart attacks from the shoveling...

He's developing a habit on the handling it the wrong way, front.

We were literally calling for heads to roll for the cheap shot he received in a High School game. Because the Kid was apparently All Vol etc. you think Auburn fans gave a crap about the cheap shot he got? Nope.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We were literally calling for heads to roll for the cheap shot he received in a High School game. Because the Kid was apparently All Vol etc. you think Auburn fans gave a crap about the cheap shot he got? Nope.
I would hope that anyone with a functioning brain would be calling for heads to roll after that CHEAP shot....... Jay’s recent behavior hasn’t changed that thought for me.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I would hope that anyone with a functioning brain would be calling for heads to roll after that CHEAP shot....... Jay’s recent behavior hasn’t changed that thought for me.

Was more speaking to the loyalty of the fan base rather than the cheap shot itself. My point is Auburn fans didn’t care about it. UT fans did.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
There are a number of Volchat posters that have developed a habit of handling it the wrong way. I may be in that crowd myself sometimes. We sometimes expect these kids to be better than us.
I've read that view many times but I just don't agree. And a remark about the university, that has done nothing to him, that's just ridiculous.

He gave the impression of full commitment and accepted all the love and adoration that came with. Never even gave a hint otherwise.
Can't make people feel betrayed then act surprised they're mad. Bryce says he'll never be able to return to his town in SC, with a laugh. He's doesn't act petty about it and play the victim. Definitely no low blows at the university.

I haven't trashed him but I also understand why others have. And I definitely don't feel both sides are equal.
It's like you running off, ditching your other without a conversation, then calling it even because she got mad and said stuff.
No, it's really not equal.

VN Store

Back