'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Warrior wasn’t even a player to be missed until about midseason. Almost like he was developed and coached up? Those guys are coming back btw.
Exactly. Lb is a question mark. But on the whole I'm not overly concerned about the defense in general. I think it'll be the strength of the team.

This is getting good. Inside lb, safety then DLine. Can’t replace a Bituli. Hopefully JJP makes huge progress this off season, we find a good transfer or JUCO lb. What’s the likelihood of a safety/ nickel moving down to lb?
4672B557-A5C9-407C-93E5-92C1FCBAD408.gif

I’ve yet to see Peterson make a single play since he’s been on campus. Also French and Eason haven’t played a single down in college and Hank is an ILB. Also no, the Jack is just one edge rusher. There still has to be someone on the other side and that’s the other DE. Because with the way football is now a majority of the defensive personnel comes out in a 3-3-5/4-2-5 defense unless it’s on short yardage run plays when the offense comes out in a 2 WR set. So yes I think it’s safe to say we will have a significant depth and issue at our pass rushing positions. Whatever technicality you want to call them we don’t currently have them lined up for next year outside of our 2 starters
You’re seriously stating that Hardy would be playing the same position as Darrell Taylor, Deondre Johnson or Kivon Bennett...we’re not on the same playing field. Hardy would be in the mix of players such as Middleton, Solomon, Butler, Bumphus, Garland, Harris, Williams and Dominic Bailey (assuming he signs). That doesn’t include Gooden or Emerson when the other is manning NT or BOTH if Simmons fills the fireplug. That’s the NUMBERS.

This stuff happens every year in some fashion.

You sack up, admit your mistakes, and keep recruiting the kid. He’s too good to just let walk when he was obviously very close to being a Vol at one point.

Like AV has said, this is the perfect flip candidate. Mark my words: if he doesn’t sign in December, he will be a Vol on NSD! #ecred #IHaveNone #DontWantNone #EpsteinDidntKillHimself

You’re seriously stating that Hardy would be playing the same position as Darrell Taylor, Deondre Johnson or Kivon Bennett...we’re not on the same playing field. Hardy would be in the mix of players such as Middleton, Solomon, Butler, Bumphus, Garland, Harris, Williams and Dominic Bailey (assuming he signs). That doesn’t include Gooden or Emerson when the other is manning NT or BOTH if Simmons fills the fireplug. That’s the NUMBERS.

downloadfile.gif

You two should date...the chemistry is undeniable!
I need someone who understands the 3-4 defense. But he’s right about the Hardy thing. I need to know more about the veracity of that DM screenshot before I form further opinions. Georgia fan posted it here, that’s all I know. Not that secking would deliberately stir the pot, but...

I need someone who understands the 3-4 defense. But he’s right about the Hardy thing. I need to know more about the veracity of that DM screenshot before I form further opinions. Georgia fan posted it here, that’s all I know. Not that secking would deliberately stir the pot, but...
It’s irrelevant. Auburn paid the parents off so he’s not going to be here. Doesn’t matter if the kid is a dick on social media going forward bc he won’t be here. Great talent but he’s done nothing but make excuses since being called out for being a liar. Accountability is an important trait to being successful at anything.

It’s irrelevant. Auburn paid the parents off so he’s not going to be here. Doesn’t matter if the kid is a dick on social media going forward bc he won’t be here. Great talent but he’s done nothing but make excuses since being called out for being a liar. Accountability is an important trait to being successful at anything.
I think he wanted to be here but may have been forced to make a different choice for his family. It’s just another instance of VN groupthink, the kid can only be a liar with no integrity for spurning the Vols. Whereas like Cody said if he had done the reverse and spurned Barn last second to come here the same angry mob would be elated. Just a lack of perspective from several ostensible adults. Kid could’ve still ended up here, as under the table payments are non-binding. But it’s very possible the reaction will keep him down there. It’s fine, we’ll be alright regardless. Since thank goodness the reactionaries aren’t in charge, our coach wasn’t fired early and our QB hasn’t been stripped of scholarship.

It's so obvious what's happening here. Auburn paid him and now he's ripping Tennessee to make it look less suspicious because he's always said Tennessee's been his #1. Oh well, next.

I wonder how much Auburn paid him. $2k? $100K. My non-inside sources, prolly the same as yours, say $1,000,000. Am I low?

I wonder how much Auburn paid him. $2k? $100K. My non-inside sources, prolly the same as yours, say $1,000,000. Am I low?
Don’t need inside sources. Auburn is probably the most penalized team in the SEC for cheating. And from how fishy this recruitment has been, it’s just putting 2 and 2 together.

It's so obvious what's happening here. Auburn paid him and now he's ripping Tennessee to make it look less suspicious because he's always said Tennessee's been his #1. Oh well, next.
I dont understand the money talk. is it helping anything? or does it look like sour grapes? hes headed to Auburn, for now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anytime a kid takes a public steaming dump on UT...he is gonna get dumped on in return..I have seen a lot of kids go elsewhere after considering us without being ripped by a large portion of VN...their are always a few idiots, and everybody knows they are idiots.

This dude and his people brought all this on when they got in bed with the Barn pimps after leading the Vols on...and that is just the way it is, no sense blaming people for being upset.

Anytime a kid takes a public steaming dump on UT...he is gonna get dumped on in return..I have seen a lot of kids go elsewhere after considering us without being ripped by a large portion of VN...their are always a few idiots, and everybody knows they are idiots.

This dude and his people brought all this on when they got in bed with the Barn pimps after leading the Vols on...and that is just the way it is, no sense blaming people for being upset.
dude flips to TN, and he'll be the next Billy Ratliff by this fan base. its a two way street.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back