JG- All I need to say

Is K-Town King sleeping with JG or something? Hes like the new Dobbs 4 Heisman but with Guarantano.

Truth is....we don't know who starts in 2020. Hopefully its someone who can run the offense better than anyone we've seen this year. You can preach stats all ya want, but the only stat that matters is putting points on the board.

JT is a gun slinger, but very raw.
BM seems to be the best thrower but can't stay healthy.
JG has the most experience but his red zone play is utter garbage. And he has terrible feel for the pocket.
We all know when you result to childish insults you have no argument.

Best thrower wouldn't be the worst passer number wise.

For JG to be utter garbage in the red zone BM has been worse.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
We all know when you result to childish insults you have no argument.

Best thrower wouldn't be the worst passer number wise.

You like to troll the board, so I figured I'd return the favor. It worked.

Red zone - You can't compare it accurately and you know it. JG has had 3 years of playing trying to be better. He has gone the opposite direction.

BM has had not even a full game. And I'll agree, he hasnt performed well in the red zone.

Thats like saying Grant Williams made more free throws than Brad Woodson so he has to be a better FT shooter. Who cares if he shot over 250 more than Woodson and who cares Woodson had a higher percentage. Makes zero sense.

Serious question.....do you have some sort of ties to JG? You get offended so quick and start spewing out cherry picked stats to defend his honor.

And looking at your post history, you were very noticeably absent after JGs Bama blunder. You showed back up after the next game. Why no defense then?

Red zone - You can't compare it accurately and you know it. JG has had 3 years of playing trying to be better. He has gone the opposite direction.

BM has had not even a full game. And I'll agree, he hasnt performed well in the red zone.

Thats like saying Grant Williams made more free throws than Brad Woodson so he has to be a better FT shooter. Who cares if he shot over 250 more than Woodson and who cares Woodson had a higher percentage. Makes zero sense.

Serious question.....do you have some sort of ties to JG? You get offended so quick and start spewing out cherry picked stats to defend his honor.

And looking at your post history, you were very noticeably absent after JGs Bama blunder. You showed back up after the next game. Why no defense then?

I am certainly not a JG defender but it does irritate me for several people to claim that if he plays we lose. If the coaches play him then I want him to succeed even if it costs the other QBs playing time.

We should certainly be questioning the value we are getting from Weinke. So far I haven’t seen much. Jr QB is worse & not enough development from a redshirt freshman. It’s telling that a true freshman seems to be our best option.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I'll play. Maurer hasn't been as good as he needs to be in the red zone. He's turned the ball over too much.

He's about as good as JG... one is a true freshman. The other is a RS Jr. We shouldn't be able to compare the two... but we can. And can argue that the true Fr is more likely to get the team TO the red zone.

JG helping teammate up

giphy.gif

I honestly don’t like watching the games when he’s in. He’s lackadaisical when playing as compared to Maurer. I honestly hope he sits the rest of the game.. and season. He’s probably the most boring player to watch and his decision making sucks.
I seriously doubt that you played football past the 7th grade.

Yes, he does. It's not because of his on field prowess.

What was the score last year vs UK? Who was the qb?

You aren't making any sense.

Making lots if sense, jg did have a good game against ky last year, never said he didnt. Of course maurer was not even on the team last year. But I did notice u didnt give the score when we played sc when jg went out vs the final score. Jg is just not consistent enough and doesnt lead the team to enough points. If he plays sat I will be pulling for him to have a great game. I just want to win. And with maurers first start it lit a fire for the rest of the team. My point is Maurer as a leader causes the other players to play better, that's what a good leader does.

Making lots if sense, jg did have a good game against ky last year, never said he didnt. Of course maurer was not even on the team last year. But I did notice u didnt give the score when we played sc when jg went out vs the final score. Jg is just not consistent enough and doesnt lead the team to enough points. If he plays sat I will be pulling for him to have a great game. I just want to win. And with maurers first start it lit a fire for the rest of the team. My point is Maurer as a leader causes the other players to play better, that's what a good leader does.
Anyone who thinks the team plays harder for one qb is an idiot.

Playing better overall has more to do with health and players maturing. 😂

That’s completely false. And I would suggest you study this game because you clearly need it. When the TEAM believes in the qb they play harder. WRs run their routes harder because they know they may get the ball. The backs run harder because the holes are there. The o line plays harder because they know that extra .5 seconds may be the difference in a td or getting your qb taken out. The defense plays harder because they want to watch the offense score again.

Despite the win I noticed myself the team played flat vs UAB in comparison to previous weeks. Wanya got beat like drum and we haven’t seen that

That’s completely false. And I would suggest you study this game because you clearly need it. When the TEAM believes in the qb they play harder. WRs run their routes harder because they know they may get the ball. The backs run harder because the holes are there. The o line plays harder because they know that extra .5 seconds may be the difference in a td or getting your qb taken out. The defense plays harder because they want to watch the offense score again.

Despite the win I noticed myself the team played flat vs UAB in comparison to previous weeks. Wanya got beat like drum and we haven’t seen that
I'm sure you believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus too huh?

QB moxie is contagious and that did carry over to the team. JG is flat and the team plays with no energy when he's in the game because for whatever reason they don't feel confident with him in the game. So yes, teams do play harder when the believe in the one who's leading them and they tend to give up when they don't have confidence in their leader. I'm sure JG is a great person but he's not a leader, he has never been one here. His body language speaks volumes and so does his selfishness.

But hey, while I got you on the phone how come you won't respond to my other post about PFF ranking Tyler Johnston from UAB one of the best QB's in the country? I mean stats don't lie, right??????????????????????????

Reactions: cgrish and Jpcisco
QB moxie is contagious and that did carry over to the team. JG is flat and the team plays with no energy when he's in the game because for whatever reason they don't feel confident with him in the game. So yes, teams do play harder when the believe in the one who's leading them and they tend to give up when they don't have confidence in their leader. I'm sure JG is a great person but he's not a leader, he has never been one here. His body language speaks volumes and so does his selfishness.

But hey, while I got you on the phone how come you won't respond to my other post about PFF ranking Tyler Johnston from UAB one of the best QB's in the country? I mean stats don't lie, right??????????????????????????
Will McBride was the last "moxie" champ qb we had. BM doesn't have much better numbers so I'm not surprised fake stuff like moxie and the team playing harder are being thrown around.

Will McBride was the last "moxie" champ qb we had. BM doesn't have much better numbers so I'm not surprised fake stuff like moxie and the team playing harder are being thrown around.
Fake stuff??????????????? Like PFF stats fake?????????????????????????? Like 62% completion % fake because JG has zero production to go along with it????????????????? The team got a spark with Maurer, get over it. They played harder it was obvious. The team is flat with JG because he's a bad QB and an even worse leader.

I get your point k town. But why do you not acknowledge Maurer has better redzone numbers, better numbers against SEC teams and better numbers against top 25 schools than JG?
You like stats but when compared Maurer leads JG. The only way to make the case for JG is to add stats against UAB, UTC and G St.
It may not be the team plays harder but the offense plays better. Points go up, yardage goes up and these things lead to more team celebrations and excitement. So there is a clear path to see that Maurer could have a more positive impact on his team.
Listen to Pope in this interview its addressed in the first 30 seconds.

It’s obvious JG is playing for Butch Jones and his cronies. The Bama fumble on the 0.5 was a tribute to his old ball coach and future love affair with Butch in New York.

Hard to argue that . And Stevie wonder can see that BM brings a spark to the team when he starts . There is no denying that

Hard to argue that . And Stevie wonder can see that BM brings a spark to the team when he starts . There is no denying that
Well evidently Stevie can see clearly than K Town. But then again....who ever claimed K Town sees clearly?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

That is one of the most objectively false statements I've seen in the countless posts debating our QB's.

Howie Long talked about how the team rallied behind Todd Marinovich, in the ESPN 30for30 documentary, and wanted him to get his head on straight because (paraphrasing)
"He had, The It Factor. We Believed We Could Win Whenever He Was On The Field".

I can easily come up with countless examples like Howie Long's.

A sports psychologist could articulate it better than me, but belief and confidence are contagious in sports. Good leaders, particularly the QB position in football, inspire confidence which elevates the play of their team.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The defense playing better than the first couple of games is all due to Bituli and Thompson playing now.

This plays harder for one qb stuff is crap and I'm sure would offend any player who heard it. Get real. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭😭😭

The defense playing better than the first couple of games is all due to Bituli and Thompson playing now.

This plays harder for one qb stuff is crap and I'm sure would offend any player who heard it. Get real. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭😭😭
Especially JG's best friend and roommate Austin Pope would be offended right?

Stop the semantics game. What people are saying is Maurer provides a spark and energy the team feeds off of that JG doesn't. And this leads to better play. The video I posted above addresses this.

And it's a player saying it. Wait it's Austin Pope saying it.

You're just wrong on this one and video evidence proves it.

Especially JG's best friend and roommate Austin Pope would be offended right?

Stop the semantics game. What people are saying is Maurer provides a spark and energy the team feeds off of that JG doesn't. And this leads to better play. The video I posted above addresses this.

And it's a player saying it. Wait it's Austin Pope saying it.

You're just wrong on this one and video evidence proves it.
He said BM was arrogant and confident. He didn't say anyone played harder for him . What do you expect him to say? Y'all are reaching. Lmao

VN Store

Back