JG- All I need to say

The defense playing better than the first couple of games is all due to Bituli and Thompson playing now.

This plays harder for one qb stuff is crap and I'm sure would offend any player who heard it. Get real. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭😭😭
That is one of the most naive takes I have ever seen. Have you ever played a team sport?

Players don't make a conscious decision to be inspired by their QB. They either are or they aren't. If they're not inspired it isn't the end all for the QB, but at some point they have to develop trust and confidence in their QB.

Are you suggesting that players make a choice whether or not to be inspired? Regardless of choice, that QB's can't or don't inspire their team? That being inspired doesn't elevate the level of a player's performance?

Reactions: cgrish
He said BM was arrogant and confident. He didn't say anyone played harder for him . What do you expect him to say? Y'all are reaching. Lmao

That's not what he said! LMAO!!!!

Pope says: he has a little arrogance about him, ya know a good kind of arrogance that kind of gets everybody going.

Your translation to Pope calling Maurer arrogant is just false. You sir are reaching and doing very poorly.

That's not what he said! LMAO!!!!

Pope says: he has a little arrogance about him, ya know a good kind of arrogance that kind of gets everybody going.

Your translation to Pope calling Maurer arrogant is just false. You sir are reaching and doing very poorly.
Its obvious he's trolling and he's not as good at it as your other buddy. Haha.

He said BM was arrogant and confident. He didn't say anyone played harder for him . What do you expect him to say? Y'all are reaching. Lmao
It's called moxie, genius. BM has it, JG doesn't.... Why do you keep sidestepping the question about PFF stats? Because you know they're complete BS

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Its obvious he's trolling and he's not as good at it as your other buddy. Haha.
I'm home today with my 5 year old girl. She has a cold and been feeling poorly all day. I was trying to explain trolling on chat boards to her when she asked why I was laughing. Obviously she doesn't get it but she said if I'm hunting trolls that makes me a Bergen. If you have kids this makes sense. So, now I have a new avatar...
Moral of the story, the mind of a child is a beautiful place!

Go Vols

I'm home today with my 5 year old girl. She has a cold and been feeling poorly all day. I was trying to explain trolling on chat boards to her when she asked why I was laughing. Obviously she doesn't get it but she said if I'm hunting trolls that makes me a Bergen. If you have kids this makes sense. So, now I have a new avatar...
Moral of the story, the mind of a child is a beautiful place!

Go Vols
I have no chirrens but it makes sense and I agree their mind is a beautiful place.

Reactions: Ty4Vols
I am certainly not a JG defender but it does irritate me for several people to claim that if he plays we lose. If the coaches play him then I want him to succeed even if it costs the other QBs playing time.

We should certainly be questioning the value we are getting from Weinke. So far I haven’t seen much. Jr QB is worse & not enough development from a redshirt freshman. It’s telling that a true freshman seems to be our best option.

Go Vols!!

I wouldn't be to down on weinke yet. Until maurer started according to practice reports jg was getting all the snaps with 1st string. And it would take a miracle worker to improve jg

I think u need to listen to that video again. Said maurer brought energy, juice to the team.

The defense playing better than the first couple of games is all due to Bituli and Thompson playing now.

This plays harder for one qb stuff is crap and I'm sure would offend any player who heard it. Get real. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭😭😭
I see you end a lot of your comments with “Lmao”. What’s funny about that is you don’t realize that you’re only joining the crowd that’s laughing AT you, not WITH you.
You think a team inspired by a qb is a myth. So let’s shut you up shall we?
Ever seen the movie “The Longest Yard”? Or “Any Given Sunday”? I can go on and on but you get the picture. The point is it’s funny how Hollywood makes millions off of something that don’t actually exist huh?
Before you say “Those are only movies” let’s dive into real life. Do you realize the Jets only win was against the Dallas Cowboys? Funny how they beat THEM of all teams THE WEEK they got their qb back. Speaking of the Cowboys let’s just stick with them. In 2015(?) Romo goes down early in the season with a broken collarbone. As talented as they were they couldn’t seem to buy a win without him.
How many times have we all seen a starting qb go down at ANY level and the season NOT go in the tank? I bet we can count on one hand.
Wether you like it or not a TEAM takes on the personality of its head coach but that personality is inspired by its qb. When a teammate sees his qb give his all (BM, a perfect example) they do the same from top to bottom from offense to defense. Except it and move on.

It’s obvious JG is playing for Butch Jones and his cronies. The Bama fumble on the 0.5 was a tribute to his old ball coach and future love affair with Butch in New York.
Obviously. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to figure it out.

I see you end a lot of your comments with “Lmao”. What’s funny about that is you don’t realize that you’re only joining the crowd that’s laughing AT you, not WITH you.
You think a team inspired by a qb is a myth. So let’s shut you up shall we?
Ever seen the movie “The Longest Yard”? Or “Any Given Sunday”? I can go on and on but you get the picture. The point is it’s funny how Hollywood makes millions off of something that don’t actually exist huh?
Before you say “Those are only movies” let’s dive into real life. Do you realize the Jets only win was against the Dallas Cowboys? Funny how they beat THEM of all teams THE WEEK they got their qb back. Speaking of the Cowboys let’s just stick with them. In 2015(?) Romo goes down early in the season with a broken collarbone. As talented as they were they couldn’t seem to buy a win without him.
How many times have we all seen a starting qb go down at ANY level and the season NOT go in the tank? I bet we can count on one hand.
Wether you like it or not a TEAM takes on the personality of its head coach but that personality is inspired by its qb. When a teammate sees his qb give his all (BM, a perfect example) they do the same from top to bottom from offense to defense. Except it and move on.
First it's accept. Not expect.

Besides that JG gives his all and there ar multiple qutoes from teammates praising JG.

Players are playing for their goals and the program. They are not playing harder for any othe player.

Your movie references make a good point. You are talking about a fantasy.
I bet you think Rudy is a true story too. 😭😭😭

JG has been pretty solid except for the god awful pass he threw at the end of the first half. Those are the throws that leave you scratching your head saying WTF with him.

Our receiver must also share the blame for not being in front of the defender!

Will McBride was the last "moxie" champ qb we had. BM doesn't have much better numbers so I'm not surprised fake stuff like moxie and the team playing harder are being thrown around.
BM has better numbers than JG in games in which both have played. JG sucked out loud his first two games... so do those count?

You are a fundamentally dishonest person. He specifically said it was a "good kind of arrogance"... moxie. He specifically said that his energy pumps the team up. But your cult mentality won't let you hear that, will it?

Reactions: Ty4Vols
Besides that JG gives his all and there ar multiple qutoes
It is "quotes" not "qutoes"
from teammates praising JG.
It would almost be better if he were holding something back... but I believe he does in fact do his best. It just isn't good enough.

Players are playing for their goals and the program. They are not playing harder for any othe player.
That's laughably ignorant. Players ALWAYS play in the moment for the guys around them. They don't even have to like each other... but they do have to respect and trust each other. The BIGGEST change when Maurer went in was that the players felt he trusted them and that they could trust him... especially the receivers who have been starved by JG.

The relationship between teammates is similar to guys in combat. The army did some studies several years back on why men fight. Why do moral men set aside their convictions and kill in gruesome ways when in battle. Many thought it would be freedom, family, country, etc. It wasn't. The reason they fought as hard as they did at the moment the did... was the soldiers around them.

Besides that JG gives his all and there ar multiple qutoes from teammates praising JG.

Oh wow..... Rudy actually IS a true story dude! I see you know as much about movies as you do football. Please dude...... just stop talking.

Too much good to let this pass. Here we go...
1. First it's accept. Not expect. - For a grammar nazi I would EXPECT you to know this is not proper sentence structure.
2.Besides that JG gives his all and there ar multiple qutoes from teammates praising JG. - How do you follow a grammar correction with not 1 but 2 misspelled words in your first sentence? Ar is not the correct spelling of are and qutoes is not the correct spelling of quotes. To write both ar and qutoes I had to override my spell check. This is usually your sign.
3. Rudy is based on a true story. Oh my lord I died laughing on this one. Here's some proof for you and some advice from my daughter who can't figure out why her dad is falling out laughing.
Screenshot_20191107-173043_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191107-135518_Chrome.jpg

I know everyone likes to point to PFF for stats etc. but I found these stats or lack there of to be interesting

The Tony Basilio Show

Guarantano has been in at quarterback for 27 drives against SEC teams this year:
spacer.gif
— One drive was kneel downs to end a half, so we’ll throw it out.

— Twice he replaced Brian Maurer during a drive (once vs UGA and once at Bama). The drive in Tuscaloosa resulted in a field goal after No. 2 missed a wide-open Jennings in the end zone.

http://karnsmotor.com/
Here’s how the other 24 JG drives have gone:
spacer.gif
— Three touchdowns

— Four made field goals (one missed)

— Four scores in eight trips to the red zone (1 TD and 3 FGs)

— 12 punts

— Four turnovers (1 INT and 3 fumbles)

— Two turnovers on downs

— Six three-and-outs

— Only eight drives produced more than one first down

https://www.adventelectric.com/
— And worst of all, five times Guarantano has led drives inside SEC opponents’ 5-yard-line: two turnover on downs, one field goal, one interception and one fumble that was returned for a defensive TD. So, in drives against SEC teams when No. 2 has the Vols’ within five yards of the end zone, our opponents are out-scoring us 7-3. Incredible.
spacer.gif
Counting all the games from 2017 and 18, Guarantano has started 15 SEC games and played in a handful more. The most points Guarantano-led drives have produced in a game is 24, which happened vs both Kentucky and South Carolina last year.
spacer.gif
(The Vols scored 30 at Auburn in 2018, but the defense scored a touchdown. Special teams accounted for two touchdowns vs South Carolina this season, and Shrout threw one TD pass).

24 points might be enough to win Saturday, but Pruitt risks losing all the good will he’s built up over the last month if Tennessee comes up short with Guarantano at QB. Let's hope Tony and Throaty are hearing correct information and that Maurer is in fact going to start. Otherwise the numbers say it's going to be close because it has to be.

Relax, Maurer will be back Saturday. At least until he's breathed on, maybe they can give him flags on his waist instead of tackle.

Pruitt is riding that defense for all its worth. Should be an interesting last 3 games. Let's win em all.. GBO!!
Lol

VN Store

Back