Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
UAB had a good defense but #5 nationally in defense? Come on. Their weak schedule dictates that. We are a mediocre offensive team at best and we hung 30 on them. I know we had some short field but still. I would almost go as far as saying every defense in the SEC is better than them.

"This defense is for real"

Gave up 30 points, lost by 4 scores and Pruitt & co. had put it into cruise control for the last 20 or so minutes.

4 TOs deep in their territory helped...a bunch. We were the better team, but I was impressed with the UAB D. That DL was solid, a good MLB, and that secondary shut our WRs down much better than either SC or MSU was able to.

4 TOs deep in their territory helped...a bunch. We were the better team, but I was impressed with the UAB D. That DL was solid, a good MLB, and that secondary shut our WRs down much better than either SC or MSU was able to.
I agree with this but imo we were somewhat conservative also and JG has a damn broken hand. Wonder what it would’ve been had mauer played

UAB had a good defense but #5 nationally in defense? Come on. Their weak schedule dictates that. We are a mediocre offensive team at best and we hung 30 on them. I know we had some short field but still. I would almost go as far as saying every defense in the SEC is better than them.
They aren't 5th in the nation. But that DL of theirs is legit.

We play UAB at 100% and it's even more of a blowout. They are a solid defense, but with our schedule they'd be lucky to be top 50. We're one of the worse offenses in the nation and hung 23 (should have been more) in the 1st half.

But yeah, they held their own I guess. Figured we'd go for more than 302 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back