Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was excited about the win Saturday when I saw the score...and then I watched the game. Our O looked terrible and our D looked great. We need to pump the brakes a little on talking about putting a beat down on some teams until we figure out if Mauer can actually complete a game. This offense, outside of a couple plays, still looked like garbage with JG out there.

Come on Bass, you're the sunshine pumper...HOW DARE YOU!?!

UAB's "elite" defense had 2 sacks playing against a banged up line with a one handed QB who is known to hold the ball far too long.
I don’t know if I’m in the right conversation, but who’s referring to them as “elite”? After the game, I credited them as “salty” and “SEC level”. Any issue with those?

Good post. UAB isn't a bad team or defense, not saying that. What they are is grossly overrated/over-ranked because of how bad their schedule has been. They have a few good players who flashed against us though, we ran a very vanilla gameplan offensively though imo with the OL banged up and JG's injury.
I agree, but you can only play your schedule.

Reactions: butchna
I don’t know if I’m in the right conversation, but who’s referring to them as “elite”? After the game, I credited them as “salty” and “SEC level”. Any issue with those?

UAB's tweet was where the "elite" jab was derived from.

I actually think that little highlight clip was absolutely a wasted tweet. Should have just fired up a graphic with the 2 sacks and 7 TFLs and 3.1 YPC on it, at least that properly represents the positives for the game. They make some choppy short clip though that didn't even point out the 23 point one-sided beating they took.

I don't know F UAB, still salty at the dirty play where 1 was trying to spear Trey and/or Jarrett. Should have ALSO been a targeting call, it didn't even get reviewed though.

Yeah, that's what all the tweets look like on my screen. I took 5 seconds and did a screen shot and posted that, which is what all you other jokers could do, too, instead of posting the twitter links which a bunch of us can't see! :cool:
Do you have the same issues with mobile?

Who is our top 3 right now. Some of whom I expected to be great recruiters I never hear anything about.

We know Neids would be the #1. after that I am not sure. I know Johnson has a lot of influence. So who and how would you rank our top 3 recruiters
1)Need
2)Le
3) Meyer

UAB's tweet was where the "elite" jab was derived from.

I actually think that little highlight clip was absolutely a wasted tweet. Should have just fired up a graphic with the 2 sacks and 7 TFLs and 3.1 YPC on it, at least that properly represents the positives for the game. They make some choppy short clip though that didn't even point out the 23 point one-sided beating they took.

I don't know F UAB, still salty at the dirty play where 1 was trying to spear Trey and/or Jarrett. Should have ALSO been a targeting call, it didn't even get reviewed though.
Lemonade out of lemons...Twitter thing.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
National people are now shooting those reports down. Bob is denying that he is a candidate for the job. You really only know when the press conference happens.
"This is turning out to be our Gruden" is top reply to every new thread now on fsu247 😂 We've ruined white whale hopes for everyone and forever.

Kentucky has played 2 top 10 teams and is only giving up 21.2 a game...I don't think UAB's defense is anywhere near the same league as theirs.

UAB "held" us to 302 yards, but gave up 30 in 3 quarters to a 92nd rated scoring offense (which was lower before the game) with a one handed QB playing.

Their defense is highly overrated, since they haven't even managed to play a single team with a higher rated scoring offense than us. 3 of their next 4 opponents are better offenses than us though, so we'll see where they end up.

Had the same team (health & energy) that played South Carolina played UAB we would have hung 50+ on them.
We played our "Georgia State Gameplan" against UAB, our players are just better and more experienced at this point in the season, so we didn't lose.

I'm convinced the "Georgia State Gameplan" is just our "Don't let our remaining SEC foes see our plays" gameplan.

They aren't 5th in the nation. But that DL of theirs is legit.

I agree they were good. I think we helped a little bit in making them look good on some plays. Our RB's dont have great vision and ran right into piles a lot. If they see the backside hole better on some of those runs we gash them for some big yards on about 5 or 6 runs!

Assuming new hc doesn't retain Briles, curious where he ends up. He had their offense moving in the right direction. Also wonder if ole Willie even was willing to give up the reigns like Kiffin and Applewhite did. Willie seems a little proud of his gangbusters offense that scored 21 ppg last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back