'19 Recruiting Forum: Official UAB Pregame/Game Thread

I
I responded to your remark about Strictly “what seems to be between Priitt and Strout”
By saying the apparent same “what” hasn’t come between Pruitt and JG
I've got 2 kids. They both mess up and I get upset at times.
But there are certain things that I've been thru with one of them repeatedly. Not that the other never does it but when I've expressly spent way too much time with 1 than the other on that subject, it's different.

That's my belief of what's happening here. If you're in the group that believes Pruitt unfairly refuses to bench JG no matter what???
Here's the problem, I watched him bench JG and then start Maurer the very next week. So this leads me to the conclusion "won't bench JG" is bs and already proven incorrect. Whatever it is about Shrout, it is about Shrout not JG.
As I tried to point out in a much shorter post.

No the point was repeating the same mistake. Don’t know if JT has been repeating the same mistakes in practice as he has in games, but I do know JG has been repeating the same mistakes in GAMES for years now, but it doesn’t seem to matter
Bingo..

I've got 2 kids. They both mess up and I get upset at times.
But there are certain things that I've been thru with one of them repeatedly. Not that the other never does it but when I've expressly spent way too much time with 1 than the other on that subject, it's different.

That's my belief of what's happening here. If you're in the group that believes Pruitt unfairly refuses to bench JG no matter what???
Here's the problem, I watched him bench JG and then start Maurer the very next week. So this leads me to the conclusion "won't bench JG" is bs and already proven incorrect. Whatever it is about Shrout, it is about Shrout not JG.
As I tried to point out in a much shorter post.
That kind of makes sense, but we have seen JG screw up HORRIBLY over and over and over in games, and JP just keeps on with him....that is weird.

Same group that baptized me into the AV haters club in here fighting after a blowout win. This is gonna shorten my period of self-reflection significantly
I am not fighting, and I am not mad at anybody here..I am just justifiably really worried that a JG led offense is going to get us sidelined during bowl season, and others are like..."Nothing to see here..move along..don't worry, be happy"..

That kind of makes sense, but we have seen JG screw up HORRIBLY over and over and over in games, and JP just keeps on with him....that is weird.
I agree. But we know for a fact he'll bench JG because of the Maurer situation. The Shrout deal isn't about JG, it's something else. Something Shrout has been doing.
That's why I said that to the other poster.

I agree. But we know for a fact he'll bench JG because of the Maurer situation. The Shrout deal isn't about JG, it's something else. Something Shrout has been doing.
That's why I said that to the other poster.
Ok..nevermind. I just hope the guy doesn't get us left out of bowl season again.

Wow I watched without being on the board then came on after and realized people were actually complaining and arguing. Wtf 🤣🤣🤣 y'all? Enjoy these games! People called for the upset and we whooped they asssss!!

That was a good win
Yes it was a good win...I myself didn't get on during the game, and I am just discussing my honest feelings. It is better than losing for sure and the team as a whole is playing soooo much better.

Ok..nevermind. I just hope the guy doesn't get us left out of bowl season again.
I try to remember while we see the screw ups that we see, the O is on the field 30 minutes per week in a game.
How many total hours in practice. I agree with you that eventually what happens in the game has to be put 1st.
But I can also imagine Pruitt/Weinke yelling repeatedly over those hours at JT "don't do that" or more importantly "I'm gonna give you a shot but if I see you start that".

I think Pruitt likes JT from his "best arm" comment. I just believe there's a habit driving him insane that he's determined to stop. And hard coaching is the only coaching he knows.

If somebody had told us before the game that we were going to win 30-7, 100% of us would have taken it.

I don’t understand the QB decision either, but the fact is that this game was over midway through the second quarter. It’s hard for me to be upset about the game, given the outcome.

Pruitt said if Shrout wouldn’t of made a throw across his body while going the opposite direction he would still be in the game.....

However, at what point do you let a young QB learn?
Pruitt is in a must win situation each week. QBs will have a short leash.
He started Shrout in second half after JG threw interception at end of first half.
Bottom line, last night the staff thought JG gave us the best chance to win and we did.

Sure.youve been one of many that has said both are better than JG so your Gif makes you look ridiculous.
You really believe this? Sounds like you're drunk and talking out of your butt.

If talking out of my butt is considered truth then sure! Dispute anything I said in that statement with valid points,there is a reason everyone wants someone else other than JG starting lol

VN Store

Back