Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he should be compared to Mullen because the programs and talent - at least by recruiting metrics - were similar when both those guys took control. The situations were different, for sure, but they both took the reigns of programs that won 4 games the year before.

Some other fair comparisons are the other coaches that took over programs the same year. Chad Morris, Scott Frost and Willie Taggart come to mind.

I think it’s safe to say Pruitt is in the bottom third of that group. Doesn’t mean he won’t turn it around.
Which group? Mullen, Taggart, Morris and Frost? The only one who is obviously better is Mullen. None of the others have demonstrated they're going to get it done at all. No way would I take Morris or Taggart right now. I would probably take Frost but it's far from a given that he will succeed at Nebraska.

Reactions: Bret178 and Devo182
Which group? Mullen, Taggart, Morris and Frost? The only one who is obviously better is Mullen. None of the others have demonstrated they're going to get it done at all. No way would I take Morris or Taggart right now. I would probably take Frost but it's far from a given that he will succeed at Nebraska.
Let's not forget ole Chip at UCLA. The number of struggling rebuilds is far outgaining the success stories through 1.5 years. It will be interesting to revisit in another 1.5 years when guys from the hiring cycle start getting canned.

I agree they were cool, but I think it is completely pathetic to need a uniform or stupid song to get hyped. Beating the isht out of the guy in the other uniform should be all the motivation you need. On that ideal I am a traditionalist.
Eh it was only cool when it worked.

I did like the team circling around the drum line in pre game, though. Feels like the marching band is getting more and more de-emphasized from CFB every year and I thought it was a cool way to get the band more involved and create some mutual buy in with them and the team.

I agree. That’s a better suited question for the folks saying it’s irrelevant. Just looking at it from another angle. I certainly don’t think it’s indicative on where the team is the week compared to week one.
Point is I guess, IF, we miss a bowl game with a 5-7 record, the whole “irrelevant” crowd will be screaming if only we would have won that “irrelevant” game.

The context of my comment was responding to those who keep bringing up GSU as reference point for future games. It's irrelevant as an indicator of future performance. Obviously the loss has consequences.

They still got a title, a runner up, and maybe another this year because of it tho. Clemson i think just got hot at the right time, i don’t think they were all that better than Alabama.
Clemson shut that chump slants all day YAC offense down...and they will do it again if Bubbagumps don't change it up. Venables already figured that out..but I do agree that overall they were not that much better, Bama just could not adjust at all.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Clemson shut that chump slants all day YAC offense down...and they will do it again if Bubbagumps don't change it up. Venables already figured that out..but I do agree that overall they were not that much better, Bama just could not adjust at all.
The offense beat them the year prior tho. So i mean i think it’s just more Clemson got hot and bama had a bad game. I think bama beats clemson 7/10 times probably. Clemson reminded me of when Seattle won their super bowl. Just a buzz saw in the playoffs.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back