Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow uf is only 5.5 over USC? Feels like a gross overreaction to last weekend. Will usc even have Hilinski? Would take UF all day regardless.
The game is @ USC, they're coming off a monster win, UF is coming off a disappointing loss, on the road back to back weeks in SEC, all that usually means a close game.

Never thought I'd see the day, until the Tua-era got rolling, when a Bama team would be 56% pass, 44% run. Even crazier, they are nearly breakeven on runs at .03 EPA per run, compared to a whoppping .60 EPA per pass.

Ain't your daddy's Alabama anymore.

The game is @ USC, they're coming off a monster win, UF is coming off a disappointing loss, on the road back to back weeks in SEC, all that usually means a close game.
While fair points, usc was outgained by as many yards as we were vs uga. The only difference was turnovers. UF is much better than anyone expected and fought tooth and nail vs a healthier LSU team. I just don't see it as that close if UF has fewer than 2 turnovers in the game.

Never thought I'd see the day, until the Tua-era got rolling, when a Bama team would be 56% pass, 44% run. Even crazier, they are nearly breakeven on runs at .03 EPA per run, compared to a whoppping .60 EPA per pass.

Ain't your daddy's Alabama anymore.
What environmental protection agency is Alabama running?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
The leader of the American football intelligentsia speaks on energy vampires from the book "Energy Bus". This belongs in the Football TED Talks HOF.

Good morning, VN. I have a favor to ask. I have been logging on via mobile for some time and it is either impossible or harder to see how many likes you have on that device. This phenomenon caused me to sail past 20,000 likes without noting the milestone. I think that I have a solution, however. I am going to ask the posters who give me tons and tons of likes to go back and unlike about 1033 of my posts so that we can all celebrate this milestone together. Therefore, @Jack Burton , @Kingston Vol , @vols 30 @BigOrangeVols @BruinVol @Catbone @mccrackb since you all routinely like so many of my posts, this burden is on you. TIA.

Only If You go back unlike all my anti JG posts. You know, the ones filled with hate

Reactions: drvenner
Yeah, he should be compared to Mullen because the programs and talent - at least by recruiting metrics - were similar when both those guys took control. The situations were different, for sure, but they both took the reigns of programs that won 4 games the year before.

Some other fair comparisons are the other coaches that took over programs the same year. Chad Morris, Scott Frost and Willie Taggart come to mind.

I think it’s safe to say Pruitt is in the bottom third of that group. Doesn’t mean he won’t turn it around.
Those metrics are total BS...that is the problem with that argument.

Good thread on VQ about the 89 team. Got me thinking back to the old goal line plays we would run with Webb, Garner, and others from under center and all the RB had to do was dive over and break the plane.

Why is that not a thing like it used to be? Was the blocking required too dangerous (I imagine some type of cut blocking would be best here)? Or was it just not as effective as I remember it being as a child?

I think they could've been executed better. There was too much of an Oregon alternate vibe with the mountains on the helmets and various shades of grey and geometric shapes on the jersey.
Those helmets were the best thing about the smoky greys imo. That was cool and not gaudy in any way. I liked the SGs, and that is saying something because I am a die hard traditionalist. I liked the contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back