Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically only hope is that we score a few times this wknd to make it exciting to watch for a brief moment. Chaney picked Bama apart with a freshman and sophomore Fromm last two yrs at least early in the games..maybe he can do it again with another freshman. 🤷‍♂️
yeah, and i think there's some things we can do offensively agianst Bama this year.

how much? dunno. kinda expect it to go a little like the UGA game....assuming we don't turn it over a bunch early or anything.

but stopping Bama is gonna be......................difficult. i wann say we'll cover the 34 or 35 points, but i could see this getting away from us in hurry.....our front 7 is undermanned and our DB's even if they have a great game wont' be able to cover forever.

prolly 49-13 type game?

Reactions: Smokeytom
Yep, we need playmakers, and the more plug-and-play guys we can get, the faster the rebuild. We need quality 2-deep to be competing with the SEC elite. The poor start to this year was very unfortunate. We were in a good position to cherrypick elite talent at critical positions. With half the season ahead, we still could. But we've lost ground and we'll have to get some of these recruits back on campus to get that momentum back.

Still, it's impressive how the class has hung together. We lead for a lot of in-state talent and will have a solid base of loyal kids who will play hard and represent with pride. After the way this season started, that's a tribute to the staying power of the UT brand, the perseverance of our coaches and the strength of the relationships they've built. The support of the fanbase in creating an exciting gameday atmosphere for recruiting can't be underestimated, either.
yep. i have high hopes once we get past this weekend. like i would really, really, really like to win out..... fingers crossed.

To be fair UF's 2015 and 2016 East title teams were no better than ours. We beat one handily and 2015 we should have had if not for an absurd amount of breaks and a missed fg at the end. We would have played Bama muuuch closer in Atlanta 2015.

Ya can't say UF was materially ahead of us 15 or 16 or 17.
i get that, but in the world of percepiton......................they won the East, we didn't..and there were reasons for both.....and when you're trying to sell yourself vs us, we get the "yeah but, we alomost did that" they get the "yeah, well we actually did that, who do you think is reallllly closer?"

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Bama defense is good but not like previous ones
Look at the points they’ve given up this year
Now I’m not saying we’re gonna win by any means just saying their defense isn’t elite for the first time in awhile and we should score a couple tds.
That’s why I’m so interested in see them play LSU who also doesn’t have an elite defense and gave up similar totals to what we did defensively against florida

Reactions: Vols4us
When it comes to deviation from the official Tennessee color palette, Nike says "Don't do it."

We were an Adidas school then. Coached by a notorious rule breaker. :)
Seems silly to me. We have the perfect orange for the black and orange Halloween jersey. Its just badass. The smokey greys were kind of cool, but I like seeing the orange out there. The black and orange is intimidating imo and i'm all for it making a comeback.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Y'all gotta get over the Smokey Gray's, lol. Well, its a moot pt since they're gone but, kids like the flash of em. Hell im old and i liked em
I think they could've been executed better. There was too much of an Oregon alternate vibe with the mountains on the helmets and various shades of grey and geometric shapes on the jersey.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Good morning, VN. I have a favor to ask. I have been logging on via mobile for some time and it is either impossible or harder to see how many likes you have on that device. This phenomenon caused me to sail past 20,000 likes without noting the milestone. I think that I have a solution, however. I am going to ask the posters who give me tons and tons of likes to go back and unlike about 1033 of my posts so that we can all celebrate this milestone together. Therefore, @Jack Burton , @Kingston Vol , @vols 30 @BigOrangeVols @BruinVol @Catbone @mccrackb since you all routinely like so many of my posts, this burden is on you. TIA.
Something tells me that you may want to rethink some of your priorities in life :):)

Yeah, he should be compared to Mullen because the programs and talent - at least by recruiting metrics - were similar when both those guys took control. The situations were different, for sure, but they both took the reigns of programs that won 4 games the year before.

Some other fair comparisons are the other coaches that took over programs the same year. Chad Morris, Scott Frost and Willie Taggart come to mind.

I think it’s safe to say Pruitt is in the bottom third of that group. Doesn’t mean he won’t turn it around.
You’re saying the UT job and UF job were the same? UF has had 25+ draft picks since 2016. We’ve had 9.

Sweet Home Alabama was blasting at the end of Tuesday’s practice viewing, so it’s officially Alabama week.

The Vols held their third workout in prep of the nation’s No. 1 team.

Here are some quick notes from two periods…

Starting quarterback Brian Maurer, who suffered a concussion against Mississippi State, took all the first-team reps — both during individual and routes on air. Maurer looked unfazed from his head injury and threw the ball well during route-tree work. Notably, JT Shrout went second, with Jarrett Guarantano, who came on for Maurer in relief Saturday, running third each time.

On the offensive line, the Vols displayed a new-look grouping again Tuesday. Riley Locklear was back at practice, but Trey Smith moved over from left guard to right guard. Jahmir Johnson, who has missed the last four games with a knee injury, was the first-team left guard. The freshmen tackles remained the same, with Brandon Kennedy at center. I asked Smith about the possibility of playing right guard earlier Tuesday, and the junior said he’s open to playing any spot except center. We’ll see if Smith sticks at right guard against Alabama or if Will Friend is getting his group ready for South Carolina in two weeks.

Tennessee’s tight ends were working on cut blocks Tuesday. Brian Niedermeyer had his group coming around as a pulling TE and then driving their outside shoulder into a dummy pad. He was complimentary of reps from his entire group, including Andrew Craig and Dominick Wood-Anderson.

On the defensive line, Tracy Rocker had his group working on various pass rush looks, including quick line slants. Latrell Bumphus was working on the bike, so the first-team group was Matthew Butler, Greg Emerson and Darel Middleton, with Darell Taylor out wide as the edge rusher. The second-team group was Kivon Bennett, Aubrey Solomon, Kurott Garland and John Mincey, who has played one snap the last two weeks.

Kevin Sherrer had his inside linebackers working on scheme stuff. He and senior Daniel Bituli were giving lots of attention to Quavaris Crouch, who looks to start in place of Henry To’oto’o.

With Trevon Flowers out with a broken leg, Theo Jackson and Nigel Warrior were the first-team safeties and Jaylen McCollough was going third in line. Cheyenne Labruzza, not Tyus Fields, was running fourth.

-Simonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back