Pruitt dismisses Banks.

Could have been something new and not related to that arrest. Dismissing Banks doesn’t indicate Pruitt is in over his head unless you know what information he was referencing. I don’t know any more than has been released by the school.

For what it's worth, Basilio is saying it stems from a separate incident that has come to Pruitt's attention.

A lot of people want to blame others in today’s society...

JB put himself in this position...not Coach Pruitt. I have complete faith that CJP diligently looked at all the facts before making the best decision for both the team and Jeremy.

What every cop hears from criminals is not of concern to the people I'm referring to. Having a UT player on Fox news talking about shooting the police where he is from is of concern to them. For my vote, I'd have let Banks stay, but these people are very very conservative, pro-police and don't want to be associated with that at their alma mater.
So, are you anti-police?!? What he said was unacceptable, but there may be (as has been stated) more information. That information may not even be related to this event.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Doing some random research.

Georgia DB Brini has been arrested twice since enrolling. Once for forgery and once for battery. I believe he is still on the team. Unless there is new info, hardly see how Banks has done worse.

I would like to agree with you but that is incorrect. Look at the NFL and how many "respectful" players they have. truth is, as long as you can play and dont commit a serious crime you are golden. Talent is all they care about

Yep, sadly you are actually correct.

Serious question, are we sure the new info isnt the video?

It could very well be. With that said, why do it on a Friday afternoon news dump.

Of course that explanation could very well be that pressure built up against Fulmer and Pruitt over the last 2 days.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Could have been something new and not related to that arrest. Dismissing Banks doesn’t indicate Pruitt is in over his head unless you know what information he was referencing. I don’t know any more than has been released by the school.

Pruitt is in over his head if he doesn't have the equivalent of a Director of Player Personnel on staff who keeps up with this stuff. A guy(s) whose job it is to take those 3am phone calls and makes sure the HC isn't blindsided with "new information".

It sounds like he has no such staff currently.

Doing some random research.

Georgia DB Brini has been arrested twice since enrolling. Once for forgery and once for battery. I believe he is still on the team. Unless there is new info, hardly see how Banks has done worse.
What Pruitt said that stuff doesnt happen at his previous stops....so confused

Reactions: vols-1
It could very well be. With that said, why do it on a Friday afternoon news dump.

Of course that explanation could very well be that pressure built up against Fulmer and Pruitt over the last 2 days.
I think it was pressure....too many people involved in the program.

If there is no new information . . . Pruitt should be fired on the spot for lying and dishonesty. This giy is the face of UT??? Oh My!!!
Do you think Pruitt’s statement is made with only his review? Released statements get reviewed by communications and others. In the case, legal was probably also involved.

Because this is the type of news the “Friday afternoon news dump” was made for. You sure as hell wouldn’t want to release this info first-thing Monday morning.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
It’s possible two weeks ago he didn’t have the same information which if true means that he was prudent enough to wait till all the information came out instead of just rushing into a decision.
What? Waiting for more information before rushing to judgment? Is that a thing again?

Anti Pruitt group - the wrong Jeremy was dismissed

Did you come up with that on your own or did you already see it 3-4 times in the first 5-6 pages? If you didn't understand my post, it means that now with a decent football player off the team, its even more likely that we don't win more than 1 game and that we'll be that much closer to replacing Pruitt. So maybe you'll get lucky and we'll lose all of the remaining 8.

Because this is the type of news the “Friday afternoon news dump” was made for. You sure as hell wouldn’t want to release this info first-thing Monday morning.

Sure you do . This is sort of thing that could really mess up the locker room leading up to a big game. If you do it Monday, you have a week to get the rest of the team synced up.

I pray it is new info that something came up

VN Store

Back