Jeremy Banks needs to be dismissed

It doesn't

What he said was stupid, but officers hear that nonsense all the time. They say it, but don't mean it. It's just to try and piss them off. He apologized and that's the end of it

No need in destroying a kids future over one silly ass comment

We're better than these SJWs who want to fire people for what they said. Everyone says things sometimes that they regret later. We need to remember that

Help What is SJW? I've seen it used before but just can't figure it out.

Admittedly was paying more attention to what Pruitt was saying. The thing that stood out to me "I've worked at four places, this is the silliest shi$ I've ever seen." Tells me that most police turn a blind eye at other Universities. But then we've all heard those rumors about the Knoxville PD.

**Edit** almost sounded like the coach had a little buzz. lol

What he said was true. They do shoot at the police in Memphis. And as for running wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that one

This is true......however when you say “we” it becomes at least a bit of a problem.

Some kids look up to Tennessee........we don’t want some kid making homemade shirts thinking “hey it’s cool, Tennessee players shoot at cops.”

I know he was probably joking, and he shouldn’t be dismissed.....but dang it was dumb........and Tennessee already looks bad enough.

Admittedly was paying more attention to what Pruitt was saying. The thing that stood out to me "I've worked at four places, this is the silliest shi$ I've ever seen." Tells me that most police turn a blind eye at other Universities. But then we've all heard those rumors about the Knoxville PD.

I hope he got in JB ass. That's what I'd done, if he were my kid. I don't really like that comment from Pruitt.

Banks had two nasty interceptions against UTC!

I think he's coming along real well. Very athletic and physical!!

True, but it was still in very poor taste and came during an arrest. It wasn't a friend he was telling this privately.

He said it to a female intern and could've been taken as aggression though it probably wasn't the intent. No wonder there are a lot of job openings and the neighborhoods are more dangerous than ever. Policemen probably need a 25% raise. Almost worse than shoveling $hit.

1. Pay your ticket or show up for court. Ignoring a court date is never a smart move.
2. Don't do stupid s**t late at night when you know the cops are prowling.
3. Square up, and man up. Your ticket, your no-show, your warrant, your arrest. Call Coach Pruitt from Booking. You look like a little girl when you ask if you can call your coach on the side of the road. You weren't getting out of it at that point.
4. So they "shoot at cops where you're from", do they? Take a lesson from the fact that most of those who have done so are either (a) decomposing, (b) serving a life sentence or (c) waiting on a date with an IV needle. You can go to the NFL, or you can go to the morgue before it's your time. Choose wisely...pick (d) None of the above.

Dismissed? Absolutely not. 19 year-old kid who apparently grew up in a tough part of town. He has big-time athletic talent, and a lot of growing up to do. Sending him back home under a cloud of shame won't do him, or the world, any good. If he's a thug, we'll see this again, and can deal with it then. For now, he's a young man who let his mouth get away from him. Treat it as such.

Maybe serving some community service with the PAL, if Knoxville has one, can help show him just how good he has it, and why it's not the cops fault if or when you screw up.

Go Vols. And Jeremy...get your act together.

Last edited:
1. Pay your ticket or show up for court. Ignoring a court date is never a smart move.
2. Don't do stupid s**t late at night when you know the cops are prowling.
3. Square up, and man up. Your ticket, your no-show, your warrant, your arrest. Call Coach Pruitt from Booking. You look like a little girl when you ask if you can call your coach on the side of the road. You weren't getting out of it at that point.
4. So they "shoot at cops where you're from", do they? Take a lesson from the fact that most of those who have done so are either (a) decomposing, or (b) serving a life sentence or (c) waiting on a date with an IV needle. You can go the NFL, or you can go to the morgue before it's your time. Choose wisely...pick (d) None of the above.

Dismissed? Absolutely not. 19 year-old kid who apparently grew up in a tough part of town. He has big-time athletic talent, and a lot of growing up to do. Sending him back home under a cloud of shame won't do him, or the world, any good. If he's a thug, we'll see this again, and can deal with it then. For now, he's a young man who let his mouth get away from him. Treat it as such.

Maybe serving some community service with the PAL, if Knoxville has one, can helkp show him just how good he has it, and why it's not the cops fault if or when you screw up.

Go Vols. And Jeremy...get your act together.
nothing good happens after 10:00pm

Yeah, well, you're our 4th head coach since Fulmer left, and the 2019 Vols are about the silliest **** I've ever seen...

Put a winning product on the field, then lecture cops doing their job.

And no, there was nothing they could do about the warrant. Mandatory arrest.

Go Vols.

Reactions: Teirnon

What he said was dumb, even calling his coach was even dumber, unless they’re instructed to do that.

What I want to know is, what jackass thought he just absolutely had to look into this and request the body cam footage.

Was there something fishy about the arrest that made this reporter look into it? Cause had this been some other college student I highly doubt he’d have looked into this.

Plus he doesn’t need to be booted, maybe a game suspension and some counseling and be done with it.

But this will be spun to make our program look worse, it’ll probably be on ESPN front page by tonight no later than tomorrow.

Ummm no and I’ve been a sheriff deputy for 25 years

Apparently stupid comments require dismissal..... stupid things said by people who haven’t been in law enforcement..... lol

If people actually knew some of the things said to law enforcement that are way worse then that. Maybe they would have a clue 😂.

The general public is so sensitive nowadays.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
He should be punished, maybe even a game suspension......but not kicked off the team.

People have no respect for law enforcement officers now days........sad fact, but true.

If you think they use to, you are sadly mistaken..... lol you just see it more now because of social media. People didn’t use to walk around with items that could record anything at any moment lol.

VN Store

Back