Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Quinten Dormady transferred to Central Michigan for his final year of eligibility. After being at Houston for a year, after he transferred there because he lost the starting QB position at Tennessee. He went into the season as the starter for Central Michigan, after 2 games he lost the starting posting and has been the backup their last 3 games.
1569942361728.gif

It just looks worse because last year it was easy to blame the offensive line.

When you remove that excuse, you see what he can really do.

But with all that said, I thought for sure Chaney would’ve done something to make him more comfortable. That hasn’t been the case at all.

Most looked at the stats and felt like those should get better with OL improvement (which is there) and his comfort level would be better not getting hammered every other play. And the fact that it's just typical for QBs to be a lot more relaxed and comfortable the older they get.

I'm not sure what else Chaney can really do. Hes dialing up plays that get guys open, hes dialing up quick stuff early in games to get him in rythm.

If I had to nitpick Chaney it would be not leaning on the run a little more. Your not going to beat good teams that way, but you probably are not losing as many games to beatable teams because your QB is making more mistakes with more opportunities.

Maybe just close sentences with periods instead of question marks. That would clear it up.
Thought it was implied that the past two staff weren’t exactly the gold standard. I’m looking for something closer to excellence than “best of a bad situation.” Nowhere to be found yet.

UGA is more talented in every phase of the game and vastly better coached. Buckle up. 63-7 Kirby going to wear us out every chance he gets to show recruits where we are.

Random thoughts.

Realistically Pruitt ain't going anywhere for another few years minimum. He is learning on the job and clearly has much to learn. He doesn't have the demeanor, energy, is bad in front of the camera, and is too stubborn to make changes when needed. These can obviously get better but he's got his work cut out due to what looks to be the team regressing rather than improving.

First thing is we need a culture change. A lot of these guys transferring is probably a good thing. JG needs to be benched for someone else, even if he's not very good either at least BM will show some leadership and some passion. I hope JG transfers to Rutgers and has a great SR season.

The recruiting class won't be great. We need a Rick Barnes like approach and find some hard working and tough, disciplined players. 3* guys with a chip on their shoulder ready to work their tails off in the weight and film room should make up a lot of the class. The question is can we develop them like Barnes did?

As poorly as this season has gone we need stability. Other than a few guys perhaps Rocker and Weinke, most of the staff I'd like to see remain. It's unreasonable to think we can continue to improve as quickly as we would like when we have so much staff turnover.

Spot on Cat. Good post.

I'd be thrilled with a bowl game appearance next year

Annnddddd I hate you again lol

Reactions: Catbone
If he can't next year do you give him a year 4? I'm not sure you do
I don’t see us getting more from the QB position next year over this year unless we get a graduate transfer or one of these guys show out if given the opportunity. If you give him this year for bad QB play, you’re locked into that for next year too.

I don’t see us getting more from the QB position next year over this year unless we get a graduate transfer or one of these guys show out if given the opportunity. If you give him this year for bad QB play, you’re locked into that for next year too.

I think HB will be good as an EE and working with Chaney from day one.

Random thoughts.

Realistically Pruitt ain't going anywhere for another few years minimum. He is learning on the job and clearly has much to learn. He doesn't have the demeanor, energy, is bad in front of the camera, and is too stubborn to make changes when needed. These can obviously get better but he's got his work cut out due to what looks to be the team regressing rather than improving.

First thing is we need a culture change. A lot of these guys transferring is probably a good thing. JG needs to be benched for someone else, even if he's not very good either at least BM will show some leadership and some passion. I hope JG transfers to Rutgers and has a great SR season.

The recruiting class won't be great. We need a Rick Barnes like approach and find some hard working and tough, disciplined players. 3* guys with a chip on their shoulder ready to work their tails off in the weight and film room should make up a lot of the class. The question is can we develop them like Barnes did?

As poorly as this season has gone we need stability. Other than a few guys perhaps Rocker and Weinke, most of the staff I'd like to see remain. It's unreasonable to think we can continue to improve as quickly as we would like when we have so much staff turnover.
Just curious where the "too stubborn to make changes" thought comes from? Just the typical backup QB is the fan favorite, thing?

Because he's pulled, benched and replaced players at almost every position, fired coaches without hesitation and swapped several that he's kept.

I mean he's left no doubt anywhere except QB. And despite the mind numbing argument that the backups HAVE to be better, you know "because", real life suggests even that's way more than debatable. But nonetheless, every other position/staff says that description is completely inaccurate.

Lol year 3 and we’re begging for a bowl appearance. That’s when you know it’s bad.

Wouldn’t be any better then 6th best in conference if fulmer was coach

Losing to bama, uga, FL and possibly USC along with our west opponent every year and you guys would be wanting to fire him also

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back