Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Quinten Dormady transferred to Central Michigan for his final year of eligibility. After being at Houston for a year, after he transferred there because he lost the starting QB position at Tennessee. He went into the season as the starter for Central Michigan, after 2 games he lost the starting posting and has been the backup their last 3 games.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
If nothing else less travel = more time with current roster = more player development = improvement

maybe?

I don't know...if you're spending all the time "on the trail" on the other side of the country then you're not able to work with the team as easily. I like the idea of the staff focusing on the local talent (and local can mean surrounding states too).

There's a ton of talent in the Carolinas, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Virginia, Maryland...maybe not all the 5 stars, but you can strengthen ties to some good schools that aren't requiring you to be on a plane for 5-6 hours one way.

So Quinten Dormady transferred to Central Michigan for his final year of eligibility. After being at Houston for a year, after he transferred there because he lost the starting QB position at Tennessee. He went into the season as the starter for Central Michigan, after 2 games he lost the starting posting and has been the backup their last 3 games.

Damn

LOL was just researching Sling TV as a cheaper alternative to YTTV or Hulu+Live for getting Tennessee games, and this is what is on their page:
View attachment 228569
Unless you only have one TV, do not get sling. You can only watch half of their channels one screen at a time, including ESPN. It's insane.

They have been using Tennessee for their ads for years though. Got me initially, but dropped it when I couldn't get ESPN on more than one device at a time.

Still haven't seen much reason not to go YouTube TV & Antenna.

Multiple screens at once, dvr/cloud storage...lots of options for channels and it's one of the best streaming servers around already.

Random thoughts.

Realistically Pruitt ain't going anywhere for another few years minimum. He is learning on the job and clearly has much to learn. He doesn't have the demeanor, energy, is bad in front of the camera, and is too stubborn to make changes when needed. These can obviously get better but he's got his work cut out due to what looks to be the team regressing rather than improving.

First thing is we need a culture change. A lot of these guys transferring is probably a good thing. JG needs to be benched for someone else, even if he's not very good either at least BM will show some leadership and some passion. I hope JG transfers to Rutgers and has a great SR season.

The recruiting class won't be great. We need a Rick Barnes like approach and find some hard working and tough, disciplined players. 3* guys with a chip on their shoulder ready to work their tails off in the weight and film room should make up a lot of the class. The question is can we develop them like Barnes did?

As poorly as this season has gone we need stability. Other than a few guys perhaps Rocker and Weinke, most of the staff I'd like to see remain. It's unreasonable to think we can continue to improve as quickly as we would like when we have so much staff turnover.

Unless you only have one TV, do not get sling. You can only watch half of their channels one screen at a time, including ESPN. It's insane.

They have been using Tennessee for their ads for years though. Got me initially, but dropped it when I couldn't get ESPN on more than one device at a time.
Sling is owned by dish Network which was started by current CEO Charlie ergen, an Oak Ridge native and UT grad. That's why dish always UT stuff all over their ads.

Multiple screens at once, dvr/cloud storage...lots of options for channels and it's one of the best streaming servers around already.
I'm on month one of YTTV. I've been fine with it so far. My only beef is with roku where the voice command is limited to just the Roku OS. I'd love to be able to go to "SEC Network" and it takes me there if I'm in the YTTV app.

It's unreasonable to think we can continue to improve as quickly as we would like when we have so much staff turnover.

This honestly is the biggest point for me. Even this season a lot of staff adjustments I think have hurt the improvement, that and defense had a LOT of new starters/young guys.

Should still be 3-1 instead of 1-3, but there's a bit of silver lining in the youth movement. But I agree he absolutely needs to move on from JG.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I'm on month one of YTTV. I've been fine with it so far. My only beef is with roku where the voice command is limited to just the Roku OS. I'd love to be able to go to "SEC Network" and it takes me there if I'm in the YTTV app.

Roku issue not a YTTV issue though there, right?

Sling is owned by dish Network which was started by current CEO Charlie ergen, an Oak Ridge native and UT grad. That's why dish always UT stuff all over their ads.
Had no idea, I remember his name coming up in booster talks often as the one who could possibly stand up to Haslam but didn't want to.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Agreed, as soon as it's available on fire stick, I'm switching.

Random thoughts.

Realistically Pruitt ain't going anywhere for another few years minimum. He is learning on the job and clearly has much to learn. He doesn't have the demeanor, energy, is bad in front of the camera, and is too stubborn to make changes when needed. These can obviously get better but he's got his work cut out due to what looks to be the team regressing rather than improving.

First thing is we need a culture change. A lot of these guys transferring is probably a good thing. JG needs to be benched for someone else, even if he's not very good either at least BM will show some leadership and some passion. I hope JG transfers to Rutgers and has a great SR season.

The recruiting class won't be great. We need a Rick Barnes like approach and find some hard working and tough, disciplined players. 3* guys with a chip on their shoulder ready to work their tails off in the weight and film room should make up a lot of the class. The question is can we develop them like Barnes did?

As poorly as this season has gone we need stability. Other than a few guys perhaps Rocker and Weinke, most of the staff I'd like to see remain. It's unreasonable to think we can continue to improve as quickly as we would like when we have so much staff turnover.
Due to the lack of talent and good teams across the latter third of our schedule, I’ve stepped back and decided it is more likely Pruitt survives and is given the time to figure this thing out. However, that sword cuts both ways. This schedule is a weak as it has ever been - if we only win two or three games then it is the worst coaching job imaginable.

It feels to me like we’ll win 4 or maybe even 5 games if Maurer or Shrout turns out to be good. That’ll get him to next year - where getting to a bowl game should be the minimum expectation. That’s a low bar with 80%+ of his own players - but it is what it is.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is best for the program for Pruitt to figure this thing out and we all hope like hell it works out that way. But the worst thing that can happen isn’t a coaching change - it’s letting this thing linger when you could’ve been a step ahead. The minute it is decided he isn’t the guy (if it happens this way) they have to pull the trigger.

Had no idea, I remember his name coming up in booster talks often as the one who could possibly stand up to Haslam but didn't want to.
After a quick search he's worth 10.9 billion. He's not the CEO though but chairman of the board. He owns 48% of the dish stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back