Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching my bengals fall to 0-4 for the 8th time since 1991 (worst in the NFL during that span) and seeing my two orange clad favorite teams fall to a combined 1-7... i gotta know... is there any sports fan on here more miserable than me?

Bengals fan- last playoff win was 1990, the year i was born. No superbowl wins (thanks Joe) , bottom of the NFL in alltime in win %, great players in spots, most od which left because they hated the owners.

Reds fan- Last time they won the world series was 1990 (again, the year i was born) awful for most of if not all my life. Somehow found a way to kill Griffeys career, wasted Vottos, always shows promise then falls apart.

Vols- enough said. Barely remember the 98 season, 2001 was the earliest season i can recall. Downhill since.

Born in Knoxville grew up in Cinci. Right there with you. But, being a Bengals fan has prepared us for the downturn that UT has been in for a decade, makes it easier to cope, and deal.

Reds, haven't cared since the second strike in the early 90's. All in all, our only hope is UT.

Reactions: Ertel
After watching my bengals fall to 0-4 for the 8th time since 1991 (worst in the NFL during that span) and seeing my two orange clad favorite teams fall to a combined 1-7... i gotta know... is there any sports fan on here more miserable than me?

Bengals fan- last playoff win was 1990, the year i was born. No superbowl wins (thanks Joe) , bottom of the NFL in alltime in win %, great players in spots, most od which left because they hated the owners.

Reds fan- Last time they won the world series was 1990 (again, the year i was born) awful for most of if not all my life. Somehow found a way to kill Griffeys career, wasted Vottos, always shows promise then falls apart.

Vols- enough said. Barely remember the 98 season, 2001 was the earliest season i can recall. Downhill since.

Utah Jazz fan- got to watch Malone and Stockton never win a ring (thanks Jordan) havent dont anything since.

I feel like im the curse. The only happiness ive had in sports my entire life was being a huge fan of Manning and Favre (even he had 0 real success in the years i can remember, i cant remember his SB or MVPs) or maybe its my fathers fault since he raised me to be fans of these teams. I just wish somebody would be good for once.

TLDR: drunk rant about my miserable sports life since birth.

Vols fan - Equal

Sonics fan - no one tops “my team was taken and no longer exists” card

Saints / Lions fan - finally success for the Saints, but heartbreak every year

Liverpool fan - recently awesome again, but still haven’t won the league in 20 years

Times have turned recently, but I’ve seen sorrows

Reactions: Ertel
I can't remember. I think it involved defensive lineman from Mississippi but I could be wrong. OCI coined the term if I recall correctly.
Sentimore
The DT who did nothing at Florida
Darnel Autry to Miss State
This stuff was just peak message board horseshit.

And what’s funny is it got so big that Hubbs and co. had to go along with it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It's sad we can't capitalize on the East being so down this year. 5-3 may win this side of the conference.

It wouldn’t be the school not allowing them to get the endorsement it would be the NCAA not allowing them to play in their association because they are no longer an amateur athlete. Then California would try and take the NCAA to court and would fail miserably. Like California does at everything.

Yea, but the problem is that the schools don’t want to leave the NCAA. They are just following the laws passed by their state.

Other states are following suit, so there is certainly going to be a fight.

Thomas
Hardy
Baron
Eason
French
Macdonald
Henderson
Puts us at 254.03 with 21 commits. Avg. rating of 89.75

If we add Reggie Grimes and idk lets say Rakim Jarrett. Getting both of those guys take us to 273.13 and an Avg. of 90.52 with 23 commits.

273.13 would be 11th last year and 2 points away from top 10. If we get neither and stay at 21, that's good for 17th last year.

If we had the JG of last year, we're 3-1 right now. It's not some big secret that he played well last year, and awful this year. Hopefully he got it figured out during the bye week. I think you give him the start Saturday, and see if he's figured it out. If he comes out and plays awful, you give the ball to Maurer the rest of the year and don't look back.

I know HankHill has it beaten into everyones head that JG was better last year but it's just not the case. This is who he is. He had one monster game of 50/50 plays versus Auburn, but still:

2018: 153/246 (62%), 12TD/3INT, 7.8ypa, 158ypg
2019: 60/93 (64%), 7TD/4INT, 7.9ypa, 184ypg,

Heck, even his RsFr stats are inline with that (62%, 7.2ypa). That's 25 games of data and nearly 500 pass attempts saying this is who he is. I can't think of anyone "figuring it out" after that much time. (Crompton had roughly 200 attempts before "figuring it out" under Chaney and Kiffin).

Reactions: volsfan_17
There are just some different birds in the FF.
there is a thread about checkering Bryant Denny Stadium.

I’ve not opened it, and I’m not sure what angle the humor is going for there but I can’t even imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back