Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they fit most of our pressing needs. DT, DE and LB's. Just need to hold on to Bailey and get a few playmakers on O.
Could use a couple true OT prospects too. Need to recruit those every year.

Not gonna land any 5 Stars there this cycle, but we need to find a couple of 6’6” bodies with good feet that we can afford to wait on and develop.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
After watching my bengals fall to 0-4 for the 8th time since 1991 (worst in the NFL during that span) and seeing my two orange clad favorite teams fall to a combined 1-7... i gotta know... is there any sports fan on here more miserable than me?

Bengals fan- last playoff win was 1990, the year i was born. No superbowl wins (thanks Joe) , bottom of the NFL in alltime in win %, great players in spots, most od which left because they hated the owners.

Reds fan- Last time they won the world series was 1990 (again, the year i was born) awful for most of if not all my life. Somehow found a way to kill Griffeys career, wasted Vottos, always shows promise then falls apart.

Vols- enough said. Barely remember the 98 season, 2001 was the earliest season i can recall. Downhill since.

Utah Jazz fan- got to watch Malone and Stockton never win a ring (thanks Jordan) havent dont anything since.

I feel like im the curse. The only happiness ive had in sports my entire life was being a huge fan of Manning and Favre (even he had 0 real success in the years i can remember, i cant remember his SB or MVPs) or maybe its my fathers fault since he raised me to be fans of these teams. I just wish somebody would be good for once.

TLDR: drunk rant about my miserable sports life since birth.

Chalk one up against the nerds with computers making the Star rankings
The nerds' barometer is the draft. Tabor was a 2nd rd pick and Moseley was an UDFA.

I'd applaud EM and the niners for going from being undrafted, on the practice squad, and now stepping in to start. Tabor, the opposite.

Might need him at WR next year. He could develop well there imo

I’m fine with him on either side of the ball. Having played DB allows him to know what to do better as a receiver on choice routes to get open and how to attack coverages. So I agree.

Might need him at WR next year. He could develop well there imo
I’m fine with him on either side of the ball. Having played DB allows him to know what to do better as a receiver on choice routes to get open and how to attack coverages. So I agree.
Stop moving guys back and forth. Pick a side and leave them there. These guys need consistency to develop.

Alontae Taylor is in his 2nd year at DB. LEAVE him there.

Stop moving guys back and forth. Pick a side and leave them there. These guys need consistency to develop.

Alontae Taylor is in his 2nd year at DB. LEAVE him there.

I’m not saying you don’t leave him there, however, if he loses his starting spot after this year and won’t be in the rotation when new guys come in you don’t just waste the talent.

That being said, I said I hope he figures it out again at DB. He was better as a Freshman. Don’t know how he all the sudden decided he doesn’t know what he is doing.

I remember when he was going to camps as a WR and they said he had a knack for finding separation and from the video it sure seemed that way. We'll need every body we can at wr next year, that room looks pretty bad right now, barring a good haul this class.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I’m not saying you don’t leave him there, however, if he loses his starting spot after this year and won’t be in the rotation when new guys come in you don’t just waste the talent.

That being said, I said I hope he figures it out again at DB. He was better as a Freshman. Don’t know how he all the sudden decided he doesn’t know what he is doing.
Didnt Pruitt coach the corners last years?

If we had the JG of last year, we're 3-1 right now. It's not some big secret that he played well last year, and awful this year. Hopefully he got it figured out during the bye week. I think you give him the start Saturday, and see if he's figured it out. If he comes out and plays awful, you give the ball to Maurer the rest of the year and don't look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back