Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

We have Pruitt not because of our inadequate AD, but because NO ONE WORTH A 1 POUND TURD WANTED THE JOB!!!!
Mike_Leach_California-e1568727096921.jpg

He only makes $6m/year as a guy with many years of SEC coaching experience. By comparison, $4m/year for Pruitt seems kind of expensive, given he had no head coaching experience at all.
Big difference between 4 and 6 million dollars. Was Fulmer the AD when we were in talks with Mullen? I cant remember

It figures that the blithering idiot boosters/money men, who have in large part authored the complete train wreck that is Tennessee football today, would put the money up to buyout yet another coaching contract and set our program even future back than it is right now. Makes complete sense.

No he was not. So does that make Fulmer even cheaper than Currie? That wouldn't fit the narrative.
That was my point. Fulmer actually got more money for the assistants when he came on so I think he could have landed Mullen. No way to know for sure but by the time Fulmer got hired on, the coaching search was a disaster and no one was interested IIRC

It figures that the blithering idiot boosters/money men, who have in large part authored the complete train wreck that is Tennessee football today, would put the money up to buyout yet another coaching contract and set our program even future back than it is right now. Makes complete sense.
How do you get set further back from losing to GA State after having an entire off season to prepare? Nothing we could do would make it any worse than it is right now.

Reactions: ProudVOLfan
They “can” beat Florida, Mississippi State and South Carolina.

I don’t know which, if any, of those games they will be favored in, but winning any of those games is not out of the realm of possibility

They “can” beat Florida, Mississippi State and South Carolina.

I don’t know which, if any, of those games they will be favored in, but winning any of those games is not out of the realm of possibility
We stink. I hope we can win one of those but not confident in this team.

We stink. I hope we can win one of those but not confident in this team.

I wouldn’t pick them in any of those either, but it’s always possible that a team shows up one day and plays better than normal or things all of a sudden come together, etc.

To win, they have to show something they haven’t at this point

Reactions: spyfish007
Mullen didnt want the job?
Don’t believe he did. Would’ve very likely pulled a “Gundy” and leveraged our interest into an enhanced MissSt contract, until the job he really wanted came open. Fortunately for him, the job at a Florida came open at just the right time so he didn’t have to mess with lowly Tennessee and play the long game.

He is not known as a recruiter. He has never had a credible defense. Air Raid offense has never produced wins in the SEC.
Texas a&m beat bama, it was an air raid system. They actually won quite a few games with sumlin. Texas a&m cares enough about football that they want championships. Time will tell if the coach they hired is worth the money or not.

We had a proven power 5 winner locked up in Leach and being Tennessee, we just couldn’t stand the thought of hiring a proven coach so we let that one go.

Reactions: UTwild82
I’m not so sure about that. It will depend on how it all plays out.

The ONLY way this happens in my opinion is because 1 of 2 scenarios have happened:

1) Upper brass have tied Fulmer’s hands, done some back door channeling and have a coach ready to take over at seasons end. It’ll be some low level FCS coach who has potential too. No one worth a crap.

Or

2) The team has imploded, there’s an obvious decline and recruits have dropped like crazy.

Other than that, he’s back.

We had a proven power 5 winner locked up in Leach and being Tennessee, we just couldn’t stand the thought of hiring a proven coach so we let that one go.
Tennessee should have hired Dave Doeren of NCSU. He was 9-4 in 2017,9-4 in 2018 and 2-1 so far this season.

The only good that could come from firing Pruitt this season is the revival of the Gruden thread. Then the usual coaching search debacle ensues with all the "insiders" predicting big names and omg don't forget the plane trackers. Name one insider that predicted Dooley, Butch, Schiano, or Pruitt.

VN Store

Back