Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

Just passing along something.
Cool if you didn’t believe it or want to hear it.
I stated my grain of salt that they would follow thru with the idea.
But you have to admit it would be pretty grim at the UAB game with a 1-7 record.

At this point, I don't even see the rational to pass this kind of malarkey on..........Dude, Pruitt will at least get 4 years...........at the minimum. He is UT's coach.........deal with it........but have a great weekend..........Go Vols!!!

Reactions: hexnut and KBVol
Just passing along something.
Cool if you didn’t believe it or want to hear it.
I stated my grain of salt that they would follow thru with the idea.
But you have to admit it would be pretty grim at the UAB game with a 1-7 record.

It would/will be grim but grim is what we are/have been for a while

source.gif

Reactions: McDad
He should be fired at 1-7, he deserved to be fired at 0-1. I do not however believe he will be fired. If nothing else, despite the odd take the coach worshippers take on here, we have a history of keeping coaches extra time when it's blatantly obvious they are not good at their job.

I guess its easy to say things like this when you are blatantly not as smart in the upper posterior than the lower posterior, So, you are saying these coaches were successful everywhere else, but decided to come to UT and be worthless? I am not buying Dude.

Reactions: hexnut
At this point, I don't even see the rational to pass this kind of malarkey on..........Dude, Pruitt will at least get 4 years...........at the minimum. He is UT's coach.........deal with it........but have a great weekend..........Go Vols!!!
Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it. It just really surprised me. Sorry to make u angry.

Maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned it. It just really surprised me. Sorry to make u angry.

Not angry at all, If everyone would just relax and let the guy do his job and look for the little improvements these Freshman and Sophomores are doing.......I see potential. I sometimes wonder if winning a National Championship was worth the years of misery after it.

Not angry at all, If everyone would just relax and let the guy do his job and look for the little improvements these Freshman and Sophomores are doing.......I see potential. I sometimes wonder if winning a National Championship was worth the years of misery after it.
You serious man? IMPROVEMENTS? We lost to GA st and BYU at home so please tell me where the "improvements" are.. If you want to relax thats fine but quit acting like people are stupid for wanting to actually see improvement instead of what we are seeing now.

I only know one “connected” person in Knoxville.
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

So, can we win one of these next 5:
At Florida
Georgia (after a bye week)
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
But, one of those two wins must be Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

If we can somehow win tomorrow, the only sure losses left are UGA and Bama.
But, if we get our clocks cleaned by UF, we may just fall apart.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.

IF my memory is correct, we were 0-5 in 1988 for the first 5 games and then won 6 straight. So....Looking at the teams ahead of us after this weekend, I feel its safe to say we will not win all of the next 5 games.....So I have to disagree that 1-7 will be the end of CJP. All of those will be challenges for us and the best we is play as a team like we did last week, play to win, play our best with the fewest mistake, and play with heart. Then if we get beat by the better team.....I can accept that. But honestly, I will take a team playing its heart out like last week and losing some heartbreakers instead of losing games we should have won (like the first two).....And stay with the ship. Let's just take our breath, support our team, and stop the talk about canning CJP. Right now its not fair to him, the program or for any coach to ever consider coming here under those rabid conditions of expecting instant, overnight success. Are you going to feel the same if after USC we are 3-5?

Because of course, everyone is complaining that Pruitt doesn't have the team on the path to the CFCG this season, and not that he didn't have the team prepared to compete and win against Georgia State and BYU.

Man 'insider' threads already.

My true story: During last search, early on, I had a friend who knew someone in Athletic department. He would feed me with stories about how "team already knows Gruden is coming' or 'players had meeting about Gruden information' etc. The guy was dead serious and I knew that he really had contact in AD. Around thanksgiving, when Gruden was seen on campus, my source peaked.
All turned out false. To this day, guy claims all his information was true since his friend still claims all was true and GRUDEN talks fell apart last minute. I am till this date dumbfounded that I believed those idiots and 'hopium' he fed me with GRUDEN.
Gruden was never more than a “ thanks for the interest, but no thanks” conversation.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Pruitt is here this year and next even if we go 1-7 to finish. Burn mattresses and kick puppies if you want, but he isn’t getting fired at the end of the year no matter what happens

I’m not so sure about that. It will depend on how it all plays out.

He should be fired at 1-7, he deserved to be fired at 0-1. I do not however believe he will be fired. If nothing else, despite the odd take the coach worshippers take on here, we have a history of keeping coaches extra time when it's blatantly obvious they are not good at their job.
Long as you’re paying you can do the hiring and firing. Just remember we hired Pruitt bc no one else worth a damn wanted the job. Do you think that’s changed?

Not a good look guys.
I don't think we could ever recruit the type of coach we need if we fire Pruitt less than 2 years in, Hell make that 3 years. Coaches will run from an offer. Tennessee will be thought of as the place to kill your career. Unrealistic fanbase and administration, don't give a coach time to install their system or recruit and coach up "their players".
We need to take a deep breath and give this staff and our recruiting prospects our support. Pruitt may have made a mistake or two but I believe he is trying to do things to build this program back up. This staff has had a lot of success, they didn't all go dumb as soon as they got to Knoxville.
If Pruitt does not work out he can't leave the program in worse shape than he found it.

Yes he will.

Who are we going to replace him with? Is UT going to really aim for the stars this time and offer Travaris Robinson, Danny Pearman, Darrell Dickey? Because you know they won’t be hiring an actual head coach.

UT doesn’t care about football anymore and obviously a large percentage of the fan base doesn’t either. They’ll send their cash. Attending crappy game. And vigorously support whatever garbage the school rolls out.

Man 'insider' threads already.

My true story: During last search, early on, I had a friend who knew someone in Athletic department. He would feed me with stories about how "team already knows Gruden is coming' or 'players had meeting about Gruden information' etc. The guy was dead serious and I knew that he really had contact in AD. Around thanksgiving, when Gruden was seen on campus, my source peaked.
All turned out false. To this day, guy claims all his information was true since his friend still claims all was true and GRUDEN talks fell apart last minute. I am till this date dumbfounded that I believed those idiots and 'hopium' he fed me with GRUDEN.

“Hopium” — Ha! One he!!uva addictive drug on VolNation.

VN Store

Back