Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

I only know one “connected” person in Knoxville.
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

So, can we win one of these next 5:
At Florida
Georgia (after a bye week)
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
But, one of those two wins must be Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

If we can somehow win tomorrow, the only sure losses left are UGA and Bama.
But, if we get our clocks cleaned by UF, we may just fall apart.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.
Tennessee won’t pay 15 million for buyout if they wont pay more then 4mil a year for a proven head coach

Reactions: give_him 6
You serious man? IMPROVEMENTS? We lost to GA st and BYU at home so please tell me where the "improvements" are.. If you want to relax thats fine but quit acting like people are stupid for wanting to actually see improvement instead of what we are seeing now.

So, we lost because ALL the players were bad recruits and the coaches all of sudden suck.......regardless of their past performance? Dude, it happens, let it go.

I only know one “connected” person in Knoxville.
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

So, can we win one of these next 5:
At Florida
Georgia (after a bye week)
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
But, one of those two wins must be Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

If we can somehow win tomorrow, the only sure losses left are UGA and Bama.
But, if we get our clocks cleaned by UF, we may just fall apart.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.

Here are your current Power 5 Coaches that have a winning record and that aren't outright laughable options (elite coaches, lifers at current school, already turned us down 3 times, in their 1st year at current school, etc). After looking at these names, do any of them jump out to you as really exciting choices? Only Leach would move the needle, and he probably has 0 interest in UT now.

Justin Wilcox (Cal) - 54% win%, this is his 3rd year at Cal. Was an assistant here at UT
P.J. Fleck (Minnesota) - 56% win%, this is his 3rd year at Minnesota
Justin Fuente (Virginia Tech) - 58% win%, this is his 4th year at VT, and their fanbase is getting restless with him
Matt Campbell (Iowa St) - 61% win%, this is his 4th year at Iowa St
Mike Leach (Washington St) - 62% win%, this is his 8th year at WSU. probably should exclude him as laughable after the last dumpster fire coaching search
Jeff Brohm (Purdue) - 63% win%, this is his 3rd year at Purdue
Bronco Mendenhall (UVA) - 64% win%, this is his 4th year at UVA. this one is very, very unlikely
Dave Doeren (NC St) - 65% win%, this is his 7th year at NC St.

"Money people" posts have been around for years and and they have yet to pony up the money.

Barring off the field incidents I think Pruitt will be here at the start of next season no matter what.

Because of course, everyone is complaining that Pruitt doesn't have the team on the path to the CFCG this season, and not that he didn't have the team prepared to compete and win against Georgia State and BYU.
Boy, you guys just can't get past the first two losses..........I wait and see what happens tomorrow before I make any predictions, If UT comes home with a upset. BTW, JG was having one of his worst games.........ever! God forbid any us have a bad day at doing anything, these kids are so wrapped tight and then they have to put up with fans like you..............please.

Here are your current Power 5 Coaches that have a winning record and that aren't outright laughable options (elite coaches, lifers at current school, already turned us down 3 times, in their 1st year at current school, etc). After looking at these names, do any of them jump out to you as really exciting choices? Only Leach would move the needle, and he probably has 0 interest in UT now.

Justin Wilcox (Cal) - 54% win%, this is his 3rd year at Cal. Was an assistant here at UT
Justin Fuente (Virginia Tech) - 58% win%, this is his 4th year at VT, and their fanbase is getting restless with him
Mike Leach (Washington St) - 62% win%, this is his 8th year at WSU. probably should exclude him as laughable after the last dumpster fire coaching search
Bronco Mendenhall (UVA) - 64% win%, this is his 4th year at UVA. this one is very, very unlikely
No to Wilcox
No to Fleck
Hell no to Fuente
Matt Campbell has a ridiculous buyout and I believe he's overrated
Leach Hell yes
Brohm Hell yes
Mendenhall would leave UVA in a heart beat
Hell no to Doeren

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Boy, you guys just can't get past the first two losses..........I wait and see what happens tomorrow before I make any predictions, If UT comes home with a upset. BTW, JG was having one of his worst games.........ever! God forbid any us have a bad day at doing anything, these kids are so wrapped tight and then they have to put up with fans like you..............please.

Forgive me; it's hard to look past them with so much straw floating around from your other post.

Need to buyout Oklahoma instead of Pruitt. I get all the bravado of “playing anyone, anywhere”...and “bring on the best teams”....but we are not a good team nor are we an elite program right now. Maybe when we’ve bounced back and start winning again, but we have to quit scheduling these games when we play Florida, Georgia, and Alabama every year with a considerably inferior team. Need all the real chances to win and get bowl eligible that we can get.

Reactions: McDad
Need to buyout Oklahoma instead of Pruitt. I get all the bravado of “playing anyone, anywhere”...and “bring on the best teams”....but we are not a good team nor are we an elite program right now. Maybe when we’ve bounced back and start winning again, but we have to quit scheduling these games when we play Florida, Georgia, and Alabama every year with a considerably inferior team. Need all the real chances to win and get bowl eligible that we can get.

Until we are consistently beating teams that we definitely should, like Georgia State and BYU, getting curb stomped by Oklahoma doesn't really matter; take the beating and save the money.

So, we lost because ALL the players were bad recruits and the coaches all of sudden suck.......regardless of their past performance? Dude, it happens, let it go.
Nope. Why dont you tell me why we lost since you seem to be in the know. We're the laughing stock of college football and you want to "let it go".

Reactions: Titan05
No to Wilcox
No to Fleck
Hell no to Fuente
Matt Campbell has a ridiculous buyout and I believe he's overrated
Leach Hell yes
Brohm Hell yes
Mendenhall would leave UVA in a heart beat
Hell no to Doeren
Of that group:
Mendenhall. Big yes
Leach. Just for the entertainment

Yes he will.

Who are we going to replace him with? Is UT going to really aim for the stars this time and offer Travaris Robinson, Danny Pearman, Darrell Dickey? Because you know they won’t be hiring an actual head coach.

UT doesn’t care about football anymore and obviously a large percentage of the fan base doesn’t either. They’ll send their cash. Attending crappy game. And vigorously support whatever garbage the school rolls out.

I’ll take Western Michigan’s HC he didn’t get beat by Georgia State.

No proven power 5 winner in their right mind would come here. Just hire a coach that actually has head coaching experience with a winning record andhas built a team instead of inheriting it (ie, not another Butch). We might not win nattys withem but we sure as heck don’t get beat by Georgia State.

He should be fired at 1-7, he deserved to be fired at 0-1. I do not however believe he will be fired. If nothing else, despite the odd take the coach worshippers take on here, we have a history of keeping coaches extra time when it's blatantly obvious they are not good at their job.
given our situation, firing isn't the move here. that's what got us into this mess in the first place... firing before we had a proven coach lined up.

I think Justin Wilcox will end up being a pretty good coach.

VN Store

Back