Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

Forgive me; it's hard to look past them with so much straw floating around from your other post.

Bottom line, negative does not give birth to positive, it gives meaning to it. I doubt you'll find too many successful pessimist. Those that hold hope and encouragement and positive reinforcement will succeed more often than not.

Sheesh. You think we are bad now? If Pruitt gets fired this year we are absolutely boned. Bailey? Gone. Many of our other good recruits? Gone. Even a chance in Hades that a proven winning coach would even consider the TN job? Gone.

Yeah let’s hope our 5th HC since 2009 will be the one. Good grief some of our fans are dumb.

That is so much ********. A proven coach would know that 1-7 is unacceptable with UT resources and understand the firing.

IF my memory is correct, we were 0-5 in 1988 for the first 5 games and then won 6 straight. So....Looking at the teams ahead of us after this weekend, I feel its safe to say we will not win all of the next 5 games.....So I have to disagree that 1-7 will be the end of CJP. All of those will be challenges for us and the best we is play as a team like we did last week, play to win, play our best with the fewest mistake, and play with heart. Then if we get beat by the better team.....I can accept that. But honestly, I will take a team playing its heart out like last week and losing some heartbreakers instead of losing games we should have won (like the first two).....And stay with the ship. Let's just take our breath, support our team, and stop the talk about canning CJP. Right now its not fair to him, the program or for any coach to ever consider coming here under those rabid conditions of expecting instant, overnight success. Are you going to feel the same if after USC we are 3-5?
Great points 🏈👍

sorry but no proven power 5 winner coach would come here if Pruitt was fired after only 2 years...
what if that coach struggled the first couple years also.. we fire him too...
we have to stop this coaching carousel we have been doing...
we need stability right now....

speaking of 2 years, does anybody have a list of Power 5 coaches fired before their 3rd year?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
You are wrong, if you have not learned any that if UT was to fire Pruitt, no successful HC would come to a school managed by the fans.

Don’t waste your time. Some think that TN would have no issue hiring a proven coach. I mean what HC would come to TN knowing he only has not even 2 years?

That is so much ********. A proven coach would know that 1-7 is unacceptable with UT resources and understand the firing.

Right. I am sure the proven winner would jump at the chance knowing he fo don’t even have 2 years right? But by all means, keep on thinking the fire/hire roulette game will work.

Because of course, everyone is complaining that Pruitt doesn't have the team on the path to the CFCG this season, and not that he didn't have the team prepared to compete and win against Georgia State and BYU.
That is a hard call, I will say that I was disappointed in what looked like a team not ready to play against Ga State, but BYU did beat USC the next week, so, that might have a indicator that UT was building something.

Right. I am sure the proven winner would jump at the chance knowing he fo don’t even have 2 years right? But by all means, keep on thinking the fire/hire roulette game will work.

A proven successful head coach wouldn’t lose to GA State in year 2 so I don’t think it will be a hindrance. Every damn coach in the country knows Pruitt hasn’t done the job so far.

Reactions: UTwild82
Oh so 1-7 with bother them but the last 15 years were just amazing in their eyes?

Um nah

They don’t care.

VN Store

Back