Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad passed from this earth into glory this morning around 7 AM. He was a minister for 50 yrs. Faithful til the end. As I said he was really well know in his arena. Doesn't mean much to most but just sharing and remembering. Having a Celebration service Thursday expecting hundreds. Got preachers coming from so many different States and Greater Vision is going to be doing the singing. Again, I know this doesn't interest a lot of people but will to some in here. Thanks for just letting share about my dad in here. Appreciate the prayers.

He's free of that dreadful disease. Take comfort and peace in that. Hold on to those great memories that you have and share them with your kids/grandkids so they'll know him too.

My Dad passed from this earth into glory this morning around 7 AM. He was a minister for 50 yrs. Faithful til the end. As I said he was really well know in his arena. Doesn't mean much to most but just sharing and remembering. Having a Celebration service Thursday expecting hundreds. Got preachers coming from so many different States and Greater Vision is going to be doing the singing. Again, I know this doesn't interest a lot of people but will to some in here. Thanks for just letting share about my dad in here. Appreciate the prayers.
Prayers for you brother

He's free of that dreadful disease. Take comfort and peace in that. Hold on to those great memories that you have and share them with your kids/grandkids so they'll know him too.

@InVOLuntary i know we have had some a few rounds and rounds( whose our 5? Lol) but I want to say that the fact you are a good a decent man is apparent on this board. Those that are your friends and family are lucky to have you!

@InVOLuntary i know we have had some a few rounds and rounds( whose our 5? Lol) but I want to say that fact you are a good a decent man is apparent on this board. Those that are your friends and family are lucky to have you!
I appreciate that. More than you probably think. I actually think we agree more than we don't. Have a good night and a better week.

He’s better now and we be forever. It’s hard lost my dad a month ago but knowing he’s with our Heavenly Father and free of pain makes it easier.
Remember who he was share those memories with family and friends. Encourage them to share their memories of him with you. Use this time with your family to tell them you love them. 🙏

I appreciate that. More than you probably think. I actually think we agree more than we don't. Have a good night and a better week.

I’m setting myself up for disappointment but I think we have a shot at redemption this week. A lot can be forgotten if we pull this thing off and I think we have a real shot

I just got back home from the game so am behind and don't know if this has been responded to. I was specifically listening for the greeting he got. I heard very few if any boos. Not much applause either, but relieved very few boos
Not sure where you sit but I sit in QQ. There were definitely some boos in that area

I'm so sorry to hear your family will remain in our prayers. A relief for you is that your dad is at peace now. God bless you and your family. Go Vols!

Prayers same here. My dad past three years ago and had been a minister for over 50 years. Like your dad he was a great man and lived the faith. Many preachers and folks came to visit him, we had two days of visit. Not stealing your post just wanted to tell you to enjoy his celebration. He is with his saviour now. God Bless.

I’m setting myself up for disappointment but I think we have a shot at redemption this week. A lot can be forgotten if we pull this thing off and I think we have a real shot

It's a great opportunity to turn things 180 degrees around. I don't perceive Pruitt as being one to be intimidated about going to the swamp like other coaches, fulmer included seemed to be. I think if the team can adopt that air of confidence and play loose, I think we have a shot. Talent wise I think we match up pretty well. I think it will come down to which QB makes the most plays and least mistakes.

Last edited:

Condolences

Ok I might get killed for this since our D pitched a shutout this weekend but i think a big key to the Florida game is tackling. We miss too many tackles. We need to have the first guy wrap up the ball carrier and either make the tackle or stop the ball carrier long enough for other defenders to assist. Hope we can clean that up a little this week. Go Vols!

Ok I might get killed for this since our D pitched a shutout this weekend but i think a big key to the Florida game is tackling. We miss too many tackles. We need to have the first guy wrap up the ball carrier and either make the tackle or stop the ball carrier long enough for other defenders to assist. Hope we can clean that up a little this week. Go Vols!

No you’re spot on.

Prayers

Sorry for you loss. My dad passed away a little over 8 years ago. He was a minister too. No more pain for him or your dad. Try to take solace in that. However, you will miss him. I had to do his eulogy. All I can say is prayers and thoughts sent your way. There are many things on this earth more important than sports. This just reminds us of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back