Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll play the OL the same for the entire game, so much inexperience you don't really have the luxury (imo) of bringing in other players. Trey needs more snaps, as does Morris/Wright.

I don't think this staff will play it by quarters, it'll be series. I'd give JG the first 2 or 3 series, and hopefully he produces 14 or more points. The defense should be able to truly dominate UTC and force turnovers/punts. Slide in JT with the first team (hopefully with a series or 2 in the first half). And then with a padded lead in the 2nd half start to work in more reps for the 2nd level of skill guys.

I want to see lots of Jones, Tillman, Keyton, and Beasley (if still at RB) in the 2nd half.
Beasley was back at DB in practice...week ain’t over yet, tho.

What are you talking about? Everything mentioned this morning is message board speculation, no one actually knows outside of the coaches what the plan is for QB play on Saturday.
Yes it's all speculation at this point but even from quoted Pruitt has said we needed to establish a backup QB. If we go in with the wrong game plan about how we try to do that it could end up very badly. What do we do if we dont jump out to a big lead? Do we follow whatever plan the coaches came up with to establish a backup QB or do you stick with a potentially struggling QBs? There are a lot of potiental pitfalls heading into how we handling the QB situation this game if we dont come out firing on all cylinders.

Obvious duh here but if you put tua , Trevor lawerence, etc on this team then it’s probably a 10 win team.
I couldn't disagree more. I think you're undervaluing the impact of being surrounded by elite players on both sides of the ball and having elite coaches on top of it. We'd definitely win more, don't get me wrong, but I don't put as much stock in a QB taking a team from bad to great.

I've always believed that if Brady (or any HoF QB) had been drafted by the Browns, people today would be saying "Tom Who?"

I think they'll play the OL the same for the entire game, so much inexperience you don't really have the luxury (imo) of bringing in other players. Trey needs more snaps, as does Morris/Wright.

I really hope so, but I would bet we see 8+ OL play again well before the 4th quater as usual. What I really hope to see is Wanya stay at LT and not play G, but apparently the plan is to shift him to LG whenever Trey comes out for a breather? I think that is beyond ridiculous. Are they doing this as a contingency plan in case Trey goes down again, to prep Wanya to move to LG for the rest of season? Only thing I can use to possibly justify it.

I really hope so, but I would bet we see 8+ OL play again well before the 4th quater as usual. What I really hope to see is Wanya stay at LT and not play G, but apparently the plan is to shift him to LG whenever Trey comes out for a breather? I think that is beyond ridiculous. Are they doing this as a contingency plan in case Trey goes down again, to prep Wanya to move to LG for the rest of season? Only thing I can use to possibly justify it.
With Trey not being a sure thing all season I would think they like the backup at left tackle with Wayna inside more than they like the backup left guard with Wayna outside. There could be two possible reasons for this. The first one being they think the backup left tackle is better than the backup left guard and the second being that LT is very difficult for a true freshman and even more difficult if they dont have someone like Trey beside Wayana helping hin out.

With Trey not being a sure thing all season I would think they like the backup at left tackle with Wayna inside more than they like the backup left guard with Wayna outside. There could be two possible reasons for this. The first one being they think the backup left tackle is better than the backup left guard and the second being that LT is very difficult for a true freshman and even more difficult if they dont have someone like Trey beside Wayana helping hin out.
It is weird shuffling tackles to play guard. Also, I don’t know why Carvin is not getting more playing time. He played well against GS and actually looked he part. Locklear and Johnson playing over him has me puzzled.

Has to be the reason, thanks. What do you think our OL depth chart is right now?

Morris - Trey - Kennedy - Locklear - Tatum
Jamir - Morris - Johnson - Carvin - Wright

Calbert next man in?

I don't mind OL substitutions, just sub in the same position, not switching positions. I know he is trying to gain better depth, but some don't even know their main responsibility.

Reactions: ionaVOL
I think it sucks that Bass's boy JJ Petersen isn't ready and contributing. I would think if he was contributing Banks never leaves offense and our running back room would be in good shape right now

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back