Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

Wanya Morris in a bear crawl situation isn't ideal at all for his body build. I almost cringe at the thought of someone making him and actually thinking he wouldn't have a hard time. His backside on the field look sizable. In person, I've never seen a rump/hips like that on any man. GBO!
giphy.gif

Cant blame it on the "bright lights" becausen he had flashes of being good last year. Sounds like it's a mental thing......like a pitcher or batters slump.....or my golf game when I hit a couple bad shots in a row. He needs to snap out of it. Hopefully IF he can light up the Mocs it will give him some confidence.

I agree with this.

It's clearly a mental thing with JG. He looked good versus Auburn and Kentucky last year. Got injured versus Mizzou. Came back and has never been the same. Then, got even worse with Chaney's offense. He's thinking too much rather than operating on instincts. It's causing errors like waiting-too-long to pass to wide-open Jauan Jennings.

I don't know how the coaches get him out of it. If they don't, he's eventually losing his job as QB1.

When we get Bituli back I could see Banks going back to RB. Give us some size on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 etc.

Why is it that he cannot play both ways in those situations. He can't be tired since he hardly sees the field during the game. He isn't being asked something he has no clue how to do like play WR, or LG.

You don't care about winning it all.

Do you man.
Nothing says not caring about winning like wanting the best player to play. Everyone who actually sees them says JG is better. He has had some really good games vs SEC and FBS teams.

But somehow wanting players who are widely acknowledged to be worse qbs, who are either a three star that was 2-8 or a low three star who threw 25 ints in one year, is caring about winning?

Losing has turned posters crazy.

Nothing says not caring about winning like wanting the best player to play. Everyone who actually sees them says JG is better. He has had some really good games vs SEC and FBS teams.

But somehow wanting players who are widely acknowledged to be worse qbs, who are either a three star that was 2-8 or a low three star who threw 25 ints in one year, is caring about winning?

Hold on a sec partner, CJP had said it himself! You have to see what these kids do during a game. Some guys get a little too mental! Maybe the’re zipping around during practice and then tense up. Others maybe aren’t focused in practice, but with live bullets flying kick it up another notch so to speak.

With that said the only popular person on a losing team is the backup QB! Probably why CJP hasn’t named one!

Go vols!

It is not JG’s passing abilities which are in doubt but his ability to make correct decisions and handle game pressure. Maurer needs some series in the UTC game to see if he can do better. JG throwing better in practice means nothing as far as I’m concerned. He has proven he is not SEC caliber.

JG has a really good arm. It matters not if you don't have a good connection with the WR's. Regardless of how much hot air we've heard about the chemistry between JG and the WR's he continues to miss on long passes that are defended like he doesn't know where the receiver is going to be or able to know how much he needs to lead guys based on their speed.

Everyone? Widely acknowledged? What the hell are you talking about K-town? One person has said that and it happens to be a defensive coordinator. The offensive minds at UT have said the complete opposite. Try and keep up

Reactions: lifeisdeep
JG passed better in practice??? Always seems to be the case... either the other guys are just horrible or JG chokes in game time....

Jg passes better in practice than in the game. In the short video clip from today nu. 12 looked much better to me than the others, he was much smoother and much faster. And the others were not horrible in the video I seen, only one pass hit the ground and that was one of jgs, it should have been caught though.

JG has a really good arm. It matters not if you don't have a good connection with the WR's. Regardless of how much hot air we've heard about the chemistry between JG and the WR's he continues to miss on long passes that are defended like he doesn't know where the receiver is going to be or able to know how much he needs to lead guys based on their speed.

I agree 100%

jg has had two good games his whole career at ut

Jg passes better in practice than in the game. In the short video clip from today nu. 12 looked much better to me than the others, he was much smoother and much faster. And the others were not horrible in the video I seen, only one pass hit the ground and that was one of jgs, it should have been caught though.
Point is the practice videos don’t support the narrative most times and people seem to disregard that editing can cherry pick a pass here and there to make them look worse than JG.

When run is your only option then it's a little easier to predict run, am I right?
Yep. And is exactly what happened Saturday nite.

Between JG missing open guys (sometimes more than 1 on the same play) throwing late, throwing inaccurate and throwing to coverage Chaney had no choice but to try and protect the lead by hiding the QB. He would pulled it off if not for the blown coverage late, but the biggest problem this team has right now is that its QB is a liability. It wouldnt have taken much to win Saturday, the run game was there and WRs were getting open. We re just not good enough to get them the ball right now. That's a sobering thought with an experienced JR taking the snaps.

I dont know how long it takes but if it doesnt change Pruitt is not gonna have a choice but to see if one of them can react when the lights are turned on.

Jeremy Pruitt on this week: "We learned to make macaroni pictures, other arts and crafts, we taught some boys to stop poopin' in the shower and peein' in the sink this week, aight, it's been a good practice"

I'm sorry for doing this, I truly am. However... its "Powder Puff"

Both of you need to pump the brakes...have either of you watch Susan the Middle Hitter on the volleyball team? The girl has an arm. It’s not s given if JG slides over to powder puff that he’s even gonna play the position! The senior girls have DEPTH at the QB position.

So two of our starting OLs were unable to move a bag that our out-of-shape, mid-40s OL coach was able to move? Dear God...

Reactions: Blackburn

VN Store

Back