Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

Despite a call from the fan base for a change at quarterback, the reps remained the same during the open portion of Tuesday’s practice. Jarrett Guarantano took the first rep, while Brian Maurer or JT Shrout followed in no particular order. Guarantano’s throws looked the best on a more consistent basis than Shrout or Maurer.

Cant blame it on the "bright lights" becausen he had flashes of being good last year. Sounds like it's a mental thing......like a pitcher or batters slump.....or my golf game when I hit a couple bad shots in a row. He needs to snap out of it. Hopefully IF he can light up the Mocs it will give him some confidence.

Despite a call from the fan base for a change at quarterback, the reps remained the same during the open portion of Tuesday’s practice. Jarrett Guarantano took the first rep, while Brian Maurer or JT Shrout followed in no particular order. Guarantano’s throws looked the best on a more consistent basis than Shrout or Maurer.

Cant blame it on the "bright lights" becausen he had flashes of being good last year. Sounds like it's a mental thing......like a pitcher or batters slump.....or my golf game when I hit a couple bad shots in a row. He needs to snap out of it. Hopefully IF he can light up the Mocs it will give him some confidence.

I have a feeling you’re going to be very disappointed with him on Saturday.

I think JG has performance anxiety or PTSD after all the abuse he’s taken over the years by opposing defenses. He looked scared Saturday. Would explain why he’s better in practice

They are far behind. If Bailey was here we may have another viable option.

Agree.

I really think JG has all the physical tools to be elite...but, the game seems too fast for him. It’s why he has to throw a bullet every pass, because his reaction time is just a bit slow at this level. By the time he’s processed it all...it leaves only time to rifle the ball in...IF he throws it.

It is not JG’s passing abilities which are in doubt but his ability to make correct decisions and handle game pressure. Maurer needs some series in the UTC game to see if he can do better. JG throwing better in practice means nothing as far as I’m concerned. He has proven he is not SEC caliber.

Wanya Morris in a bear crawl situation isn't ideal at all for his body build. I almost cringe at the thought of someone making him and actually thinking he wouldn't have a hard time. His backside on the field look sizable. In person, I've never seen a rump/hips like that on any man. GBO!

With dummies lying on the ground, the linemen were in their stance

Someone needs to tell the secondary to stop lying on the ground near the OL drills and get to work. Maybe they wouldn't be busting coverages with 17 seconds left if they didn't lay down at practice.

VN Store

Back