Vols Practice Thread Tuesday

Fingers

Dominick Wood-Anderson wasn't at practice (at least not with the TEs or WRs) during today's open periods.
OLB Jordan Allen was back out at practice today after a lengthy post-surgery absense, but looked limited during drills. Was fully dressed out, though.
Freshman DL Elijah Simmons worked with the scout team during the open periods the first two weeks. He was back with the defensive line during drills today.
Ubben

As Tennessee prepares for UTC, #Vols freshman Aaron Beasley was back working with the secondary today. Beasley had been working with the running backs last week.
#Vols senior linebacker Daniel Bituli was in full pads as he works back from a knee injury, though he was limited during drills.
b.mkcee

Tennessee practice, DWA was absent during the media viewing periods. Elijah Simmons was off the scout team & running with DL. Jordan Allen made his return to practice.
t.wallace

With dummies lying on the ground, the linemen were in their stance and supposed to move the dummies 5-yards (essentially in a bear crawl). The drill was solely about bend, power and explosiveness. Chaney and Friend were hot at times, constantly yelling at multiple players, “Your hips are too (expletive) high!” Wanya Morris really struggled during the drill, getting pulled at one point to receive 1-on-1 attention from Chaney. After several lineman failed (Ryan Johnson and Marcus Tatum) to move the bag at all during one rep, Friend got so mad he got down into the stance and showed the group how it was supposed to be done. Guys who did show well and received praise included K’Rojhn Calbert, Riley Locklear, Trey Smith and Jerome Carvin.
Notably, Elijah Simmons and Kingston Harris remained in scout team jerseys but both players worked with the main group today and should see snaps Saturday.
Elsewhere, senior linebacker Daniel Bituli was trying out there today but the veteran was clearly limited and moving with a limp. During a cut-block drill, Bituli really labored to get off the ground.
Brian Maurer took the second rep after Jarrett Guarantano each time Tuesday.
simonton

Also of note on the offensive line, freshman Chris Akporoghene took part in drills and was probably more involved than he's been at any point since Tennessee opened preseason practice. Akporoghene has been working his way back from an injury but looks to be getting closer to full strength.
The veteran was going through drills normally on Tuesday and was moving around considerably better, and he joined freshman Henry To'o To'o as the top tandem in run-fit drills under the watchful eye of Kevin Sherrer. The second group had Jeremy Banks, who only played a few snaps against BYU, and Shanon Reid, who only played on special teams against the Cougars. Will Ignont was present and going through drills.
Beasley was back with the safeties on Tuesday.
Jordan was going through drills, but still isn't moving full speed and looks less than 100% healthy.
During quarterback/running back mesh-point drills, Brian Maurer was second in line behind Jarrett Guarantano.
freshman Jerrod Means, who also moved from defense (cornerback) to offense last week, remained with the wide receivers.
p.brown

Rocker got after Savion Williams and Darel Middleton on multiple occasions, telling them, “you have to believe you’re going to get there.”
Redshirt-junior linebacker Jordan Allen was back at practice in full pads after missing most of fall camp and the beginning of the season following surgery to repair a torn hip flexor. Allen was with the outside linebackers, but was extremely limited. A trainer was by him at all times.
Will Friend and Jim Chaney were also fiery with the offensive line, as they have been all fall camp and through the first couple weeks of the season. The O-line worked on blocking in short-yardage situations and also worked on pass-protection. Chaney consistently got on to freshman Wanya Morris and praised sophomore K’Rojhn Calbert on multiple occasions.
Despite a call from the fan base for a change at quarterback, the reps remained the same during the open portion of Tuesday’s practice. Jarrett Guarantano took the first rep, while Brian Maurer or JT Shrout followed in no particular order. Guarantano’s throws looked the best on a more consistent basis than Shrout or Maurer.
b.mckee

Last edited:
........this is sad......hardly anyone on the "first page" after 12 mins.....BVS!!!

I don't know if anyone else saw Simmons go against someone else in warm-ups on Saturday but, to my uneducated eye, he looked impressive/aggressive. I guess he must not be doing something right to not be on the field.

I don't know if anyone else saw Simmons go against someone else in warm-ups on Saturday but, to my uneducated eye, he looked impressive/aggressive. I guess he must not be doing something right to not be on the field.
Hurt I thought

Bituli seems to be slow in recovering from his injury. At first they said 1-2 weeks. Then last week I see him hopping up and down and moving everywhere on the sideline and I am thinking okay you must be better to be jumping up and down over there on the sidelines. And to hear practice updates he is limping and moving slow. What the heck is going on?? He needs to get healthy VERY SOON, he needs to be in shape and good to go by Florida.

Bituli seems to be slow in recovering from his injury. At first they said 1-2 weeks. Then last week I see him hopping up and down and moving everywhere on the sideline and I am thinking okay you must be better to be jumping up and down over there on the sidelines. And to hear practice updates he is limping and moving slow. What the heck is going on?? He needs to get healthy VERY SOON, he needs to be in shape and good to go by Florida.

In fairness the practice reports on him are conflicting and the practice reports on which QB went 2nd are conflicting. Just saying.

VN Store

Back