'19 Recruiting Forum: Official BYU Pregame/Game Thread

A series of photos on the alleged Taylor breakdown. He starts off deep(first pic). 26(?) tells him to move up(second pic). He ends up 6 yards closer to the line than he started. So I’m guessing he assumed he had the under zone when told to move up, but 26 stayed under too. Sorry I’m not tech savvy enough to gif this so I’m assuming Theo messed up or they both did. Either way not all on Taylor.2F9BB0CF-726D-4622-8E68-BD4237D93A1C.jpeg6D6D7616-D4B9-4AC4-8149-4A0EBD2B6088.jpeg2F825625-20FF-475B-BC12-C79214EE2A00.jpeg

Reactions: Vols4us
This BYU game was the equivalent of Dooley’s game vs Kentucky then they had no QB.
We kept him around an extra year when that should have ended it. This game should effectively end Jeremy Pruitt’s stint here. Maybe he rides out the entire year but he’s not the guy to move this program forward.
Hey @I4Jay who should they target to replace him? We know they’re not gonna spend money

Why can’t we have Ed O as our coach.

Who would have figured that would work out so well.

Dang.

Those of us who have actually met him, talked with him, followed the successes he's had, understood his failures, and realized he is the perfect fit for the Louisiana program and people he represents.

JG has been the wrong QB since he arrived on campus, even in Botch's infallible system. It's not his arm. It's his head and heart.

Last night's performance would have beaten GSU. But they did not improve as players and a coaching staff enough to beat a better BYU team.

None of the recent head coaches have valued recruiting a real Center since Coleman Thomas. Botch immediately moved him to OT for the Oklahoma debacle and beyond, ruining a potentially good career. If Cooper keeps his commitment he will be the closest thing to a true Center. Kennedy is getting mauled by big NT's, which makes the G's look worse than they actually are. The O-line will be special if Cooper can contribute as a freshman because Wright and Morris are real deals. There is enough roster at G even without Trey to do well.

Pruitt had the big back he needed for short yardage. He moved him to LB on D as he did not trust him to not fumble and due to incompetency/inexperience at LB. So how did adding another inexperienced guy at LB actually help anything? He made that decision without seeing Banks actually run the ball in a game this season - zero game evidence, just limited practice reps. As a result he had no designated short yardage big RB ready. Not a dumb decision - a stupid decision. The type of decision that repeated enough throughout the roster earns you a nice buy-out at Tennessee, which is the king of buy-outs. Congrats, Jeremy.

Don't blame Taylor as has been rightly demonstrated. The S on his side messed up the coverage call up. The receiver scores if Taylor did not male up the ground and tackle him. Should not have mattered. This game was lost by JG and Jeremy Pruitt. They easily had the opportunity to score over 30 points. They even had the opportunity to go up by 6 instead of trying for the first down. Who on that team do you trust as much as JJ? Cimaglia.

Pruitt will not make it until the end of the season without a change at QB. At least with a young gun coming in they have a fighting chance he will mature as the season progresses, just like we saw BYU's do last night. JG is who he is and it will be the same old same old. I'm afraid that Pruitt has already lost the war instead of just a couple of battles.

Oh - and stay off twitter Vol players. You have zero right to voice your opinions unless you are JJ or Cimaglia.

I mean it kind of is.... Warrior has been trash in the secondary for 2 years now.

If the players repeatedly fail to make plays, it is ultimately the fault of the man paid 4 million dollars a year to teach them to make plays. Especially in a basic coverage, Cover 3, against a play that Pruitt himself claims BYU had been running all night and that we knew was coming. Alontae Taylor is not a crummy ballplayer or a loser, but Beldar has turned him into one.

If the players repeatedly fail to make plays, it is ultimately the fault of the man paid 4 million dollars a year to teach them to make plays. Especially in a basic coverage, Cover 3, against a play that Pruitt himself claims BYU had been running all night and that we knew was coming. Alontae Taylor is not a crummy ballplayer or a loser, but Beldar has turned him into one.

I think he was given the wrong coverage call on the field. However, even if he was you have to know that on the probably last play of the game you don’t let your man behind you.

I think he was given the wrong coverage call on the field. However, even if he was you have to know that on the probably last play of the game you don’t let your man behind you.
Well, Pruitt sure tore into him after that play, I guess he was yelling at him not to listen to his teammates, which begs the question why the teammates don't know what coverage is called, especially at such a critical juncture. I am just tired of the youth, depth and inexperience excuses against teams with the same problems to at least the same or a worse degree, partcularly when you've got Mack Brown coming in and teaching Fedora's players to beat South Carolina and Miami in the first two weeks of the season and equal their win total from last year on September 7.

Hot Take, then I'm signing off: Pruitt is not a good, experienced coach - pretty sure he ever will be.

Todays "what ifs" wouldn't be a topic if he didn't leave points on the field. You kick those two field goals 99/100 times. Good coaches make high percentage decisions. But, not Pruitt (and that dates back to last year's games too). There isn't an overtime to be had if even one of the two go through the uprights. Pruitt is a goon, brawn over brains. That's why he is prone to outbursts and abusive yelling; he's a frustrated idiot lacking the mental capacity to scheme, make in-game decisions, and cope with the stress of the situation.

Mark it, Pruitt will never again be a Div I football head coach after TN. Never! He's a position coach/ coordinator and a football guy. BUT, he is not nor will he ever be a head coach.

Well, Pruitt sure tore into him after that play, I guess he was yelling at him not to listen to his teammates, which begs the question why the teammates don't know what coverage is called, especially at such a critical juncture. I am just tired of the youth, depth and inexperience excuses against teams with the same problems to at least the same or a worse degree, partcularly when you've got Mack Brown coming in and teaching Fedora's players to beat South Carolina and Miami in the first two weeks of the season and equal their win total from last year on September 7.
And the difference is glaring between Mack brown and the previous coach.
It’s an entirely different stratosphere compared to Coach Pruitt.
Some guys are great coordinators.
Was he even that?
It’s time the college football landscape stop overvaluing Saban disciples.
Without him, nitpicking and hovering and overseeing, these guys are run of the mill coaches.
Before people scream Muschamp, the exception is not the rule.

And Kingsvol, I have no idea right now who to target. But they must have a track record and an experienced HC. Idc if we have to make them AD as well or give them extra titles and money. A change in how the top is doing things is necessary

VN Store

Back