Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have you never been a fan of Jennings?
Lost a few on his way off the team...some from his conduct that whole season leading up to it. Iā€™d say with what he did to get back on the team and everything since? If youā€™re not a fan, itā€™s because youā€™re determined on a narrative...something of which Bruin has never been accused. šŸ˜‰

blame game sucks.

i think the most frustrating thing right now regarding the roster issues is that it feels like we're being blindsided with it...at least with it from the standpoint of just how polar opposite the reality is vs. the "good vibe" or "quiet confidence" feel we got thruout the off season. i've never bought in to the hype about this supposed "top 15" talent that we have, and there's 'no excuses' for pruitt. but i didn't think, or have any inkling, that, culture wise, it was this bad.

i dont' think it's exactly a giant leap to say that it's more likely that the kids that were recruited here during CBJ's last season are the ones with the biggest issues.

what is a giant leap is to be led to believe that these issues are BRAND NEW........

and this staff does need to do a better job of managing the personnel and giving the ones that are bought in, a chance to win/succeed. if i do lay one thing at their feet, it's that they didn't do that for those kids last week......

past that....one game at a time at this point. really hoping to see something Saturday night.

and that's on players and coaches. players on this team that do GAS, need to hold each other accountable and be the examples. and the coaches need to make sure those kids are put in as good a position as possible to win a game....if that means sitting the ones that don't GAS, then so be it. there is a point where it's either you're in, or you're out. everybody over there's gotta make some choices at this point.

I don't get the blame game at all in this situation. You don't lose to a team like Georgia State without both players and coaches crapping the bed. The coaches treated the game like a scrimmage from a game planning and substitution perspective. The players couldn't execute a swing pass, were fumbling, making bad reads, couldn't block. Except for a VERY small group of players, everybody sucked.

And watching the coaches and players reactions this week it seems more likely then not we're about get boat raced by BYU. There's still time to turn this into another middling 5 or 6 win season but if the team plays the rest of the year like it did Saturday this will be the worst team in program history.

I'm going have to log off for a while. Pruitt has said repeatedly practice hasn't been a problem. Doug Matthews said Saturday was 98% on the coaches. Brent Hubbs, Pat Ryan. Jeff Francis, and Erik Ainge have said similar things. Doug was adamant in his defense of the players yesterday on 180. He insinuated Jauan Jennings was more of a man than Jeremy Pruitt for the way he handled the situation. Pruitt is slight of hand throwing his team under the bus because he's a pussy and can't handle the heat he's brought down on himself. And a lot of folks on here seem to be buying his BS.

Everybody Iā€™ve listened to both ā€œinsideā€ and outside the program has to one degree or another really trashed the coaching effort last week. Iā€™m not sure Jeremy thinks it was wrong. I think Fulmer thinks it was wrong and I think there a lot of players on our team who think it was wrong. I damn sure think it was wrong.

Hereā€™s where I think our problem would be. We think we know Jeremy had issues with some bigwhig at Alabama, such that according to our ā€œrespectedā€ source he would never be allowed to take the head job there, regardless of whether or not he was successful here or elsewhere. Iā€™ve always surmised that he HAD to leave Florida State after only one year and then the stories that we didnā€™t want to believe about his stint at Georgia sort of indicate a pattern of behavior. Heā€™s often described as extremely arrogant, among other things.

We have people here who tell us that we canā€™t afford for him to fail, literally canā€™t afford it, and thatā€™s probably not just about the money involved. They say that we have people at UT that are working behind the scenes to try to fix the things that became even more apparent last Saturday. But what if he tells Fulmer to FO? What if he tells Charlie Anderson to FO?

I'll see you guys later. I get too angry to stay on here when our players are getting trashed because of the failure of their head coach.

Itā€™s on the coaches and the players. Thatā€™s the truth and itā€™s not every player. But about 30 still left are a problem and I will say this, Jeremy didnā€™t help with the way they were initially treated compared to his boys.

I was screaming at my tv like an idiot, asking why did you throw that there!?!

I just think he has his favorite receivers he throws to and before the ball is snapped he picks which one.its been said on here Jauan and JG donā€™t like each other.im starting to believe it,how the hell do you not see how open he is?..

Is this true?...
If he has been placed on scholarship, the UT admin has not publisized it. Remember they placed the TE (Craig) on scholarship last year and it was not publisized. The media eventually found out about Craig's scholarship.

This is the start of Doyle's 3rd year on campus so I believe he can be placed on scholarship without counting against any of the yearly 25 counters. SO.. I'm guessing he may already have been placed on scholarship this Fall and the media has not found out yet.

Lost a few on his way off the team...some from his conduct that whole season leading up to it. Iā€™d say with what he did to get back on the team and everything since? If youā€™re not a fan, itā€™s because youā€™re determined on a narrative...something of which Bruin has never been accused. šŸ˜‰
Almost like a trend to just go against... whatever. Nahh, couldn't be.

And not an original one. Been calls for such since way before Bear Bryant used an USC beating to begin recruiting better athletes. Always boils down to asking athletes with options to forego playing on a national stage in front of 100,000 plus crowds with chartered flights and the best equipment and medical care for smaller venues in front of much smaller crowds and hoping your team gets on ESPNU in December. Ohio State or Howard. She does this as someone who is known for hiring on at ESPN and now the Athletic. Not Ebony or Jet magazine.
Visibility today is much different than visibility 50 years ago. If you are a good player, you will get noticed and get drafted. With the way social media and information is shared, a good player at any level will get recognized. Playing in front of 100K crowds is not really putting any "money" in the student-athletes pocket. It is a mindset of being able to compete against the best that draws most athletes to larger schools. Black Americans were not allowed to attend southern colleges until the 50's - 60's. But now some of those same southern schools clamor for the Black American athlete. So she raises a valid question as to would those athletes be better off at HBCU's. Better off is subjective. The main point of going to college is to grow and mature and be a productive member of society when you leave.

Reactions: tennvols77
I don't get the blame game at all in this situation. You don't lose to a team like Georgia State without both players and coaches crapping the bed. The coaches treated the game like a scrimmage from a game planning and substitution perspective. The players couldn't execute a swing pass, were fumbling, making bad reads, couldn't block. Except for a VERY small group of players, everybody sucked.

And watching the coaches and players reactions this week it seems more likely then not we're about get boat raced by BYU. There's still time to turn this into another middling 5 or 6 win season but if the team plays the rest of the year like it did Saturday this will be the worst team in program history.
yeah............it's a team effort. for sure.

Reactions: triadvolfan
Girls are the worst especially for dads. itā€™s heartache everytime they walk out the door.then they want you too meet some new a$$hole that you wonā€™t like at some point, it just never ends with themšŸ˜‚.the world today is so much crazier than what it use to be from the earlier times Regarding the 90ā€™s and early 2000ā€™s compared to now.none the less there is nothing wrong with giving out old fashioned A$$ whippins if necessary.
Yeah, my daughter has one that is being extremely disrespectful toward my daughter, my wife and myself. Heā€™s 17, so I canā€™t touch him but I told him after the last time ā€œcome your bday (and I gave him the exact date), Iā€™m going to smack the s*** out of you.ā€ Heā€™s an arrogant little prick. He lost that arrogance at that point.

well, i mean, if you lose, everything looks bad and all that is on the table is potential land mines.

at the end of the day, the main issue will be the losing....the other stuff? meh. no one cares if you win. it only matters if you lose. Cut is a Bama guy. Doug Dickey was a FL guy. Battle was a Bama guy. we've had hosts of coaches that weren't VFL's.

we were spoiled with Majors and Fulmer being alumni, so we've convinced ourselves that the only way we can do it again is with more VFL's.

imo, while it would great to have that again, i don't view it as a requirement.

the coach needs to win, and not be a douche bag in the process a la urban meyer/Briles etc.....
Idec if heā€™s a douchebag. Just win baby

If coaches do not take the opponent seriously, then the players will do the same

Visibility today is much different than visibility 50 years ago. If you are a good player, you will get noticed and get drafted. With the way social media and information is shared, a good player at any level will get recognized. Playing in front of 100K crowds is not really putting any "money" in the student-athletes pocket. It is a mindset of being able to compete against the best that draws most athletes to larger schools. Black Americans were not allowed to attend southern colleges until the 50's - 60's. But now some of those same southern schools clamor for the Black American athlete. So she raises a valid question as to would those athletes be better off at HBCU's. Better off is subjective. The main point of going to college is to grow and mature and be a productive member of society when you leave.
not for those that have legit nfl aspirations. and if you want to get in to the best program for your field of study..........is Howard or John C Smith U going to get you better prepared for that than Alabama or Clemson or Ohio State?

nah.

it's a different context, but these guys choose the programs to play for the same reason the physics all star goes to MIT. or the Law student stand out goes to Yale.....or the Pre Med alpha goes to Johns Hopkins..........Business elites go to Harvard....

I'm gonna go ahead and watch at least game 2 before going full Sigmund Freud or hiring the next coach.
But keep me posted.
I think most are in that boat, including myself. I just think many just don't have a bunch of confidence that he's gonna make it based on the end of last season and what we saw last week.

Reactions: drvenner
Yeah, my daughter has one that is being extremely disrespectful toward my daughter, my wife and myself. Heā€™s 17, so I canā€™t touch him but I told him after the last time ā€œcome your bday (and I gave him the exact date), Iā€™m going to smack the s*** out of you.ā€ Heā€™s an arrogant little prick. He lost that arrogance at that point.

šŸ‘€šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ man. put the fear of god in him. problem is He still might not get it.this generation has no respect towards women at all.ive never heard so many stories of younger boys hitting or just being so violent towards women ever.children are having children at very young ages.just isnā€™t right.church isnā€™t brought up in the house holds Anymore.just so many guidance issues with this generation.none the less kick his A$$ if you have too.šŸ¤˜šŸ½Completely Unacceptable.the fact you gave him a exact date is funny AF.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­ just donā€™t let him think you've forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsme
I just think he has his favorite receivers he throws to and before the ball is snapped he picks which one.its been said on here Jauan and JG donā€™t like each other.im starting to believe it,how the hell do you not see how open he is?..

I think it was the play before that where Jennings was wide open in the back of the end zone. He came off very frustrated after the play pictured. It was the first emotion I could see from the stands.

Team wasn't there, and the defense looked inept all-around. A lot of it is very fixable, but I'm not sure why I'd expect it to be fixed in a week when they had all of Fall camp to get it right.

I think it was the play before that where Jennings was wide open in the back of the end zone. He came off very frustrated after the play pictured. It was the first emotion I could see from the stands.

Team wasn't there, and the defense looked inept all-around. A lot of it is very fixable, but I'm not sure why I'd expect it to be fixed in a week when they had all of Fall camp to get it right.

Iā€™d love to see that before play then.i just canā€™t understand how JP doesnā€™t see the problem in the film room especially when heā€™s passing up wide open people over and over again.i hope when the changes start.pruitt starts at the QB position.

šŸ‘€šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ man. put the fear of god in him. problem is He still might not get it.this generation has no respect towards women at all.ive never heard so many stories of younger boys hitting or just being so violent towards women ever.children are having children at very young ages.just isnā€™t right.church isnā€™t brought up in the house holds Anymore.just so many guidance issues with this generation.none the less kick his A$$ if you have too.šŸ¤˜šŸ½Completely Unacceptable.the fact you have him a exact date is funny AF.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­ just donā€™t let him think you've forgotten.
I talked with my daughter last night about her not having to have a boyfriend. Sheā€™s got a couple friends that since the school year has started ones had 3 different and the other 4 different boyfriends. Should she feels she has to have a boyfriend too. We have expectations in place for what our girls are to expect from a spouse in life. He fits very few, so I told her she needs to set guidelines because she is the prize. Heā€™s a prick kid that has been given everything he has and expects her to placate to his whims. Iā€™m getting pissed thinking about the douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back