Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does him being an outsider - and specifically a Bama guy - shorten his leash to the average fan, in your opinion?

Also, Pruitt is a prickly guy. Not saying that’s good or bad. But if he gets irritable with the players or fans does that also shorten his leash. Butch bought himself some time with that top 5 legacy class and he kept selling Tennessee as his “dream job.” Pruitt doesn’t pander like that - which is fine if you win.
well, i mean, if you lose, everything looks bad and all that is on the table is potential land mines.

at the end of the day, the main issue will be the losing....the other stuff? meh. no one cares if you win. it only matters if you lose. Cut is a Bama guy. Doug Dickey was a FL guy. Battle was a Bama guy. we've had hosts of coaches that weren't VFL's.

we were spoiled with Majors and Fulmer being alumni, so we've convinced ourselves that the only way we can do it again is with more VFL's.

imo, while it would great to have that again, i don't view it as a requirement.

the coach needs to win, and not be a douche bag in the process a la urban meyer/Briles etc.....

So who thinks maybe GSU is vastly improved from 2018? Maybe they win 7-8 games yhis year. Go bowling.
First let me quantify this statement beforehand. We should not have lost to them, but we did. Yes, they did exactly what we are in the middle of doing. They played their young guys and took their licks the last couple of years. Yes, they will absolutely be better than they have been.

So who thinks maybe GSU is vastly improved from 2018? Maybe they win 7-8 games yhis year. Go bowling.
To me it doesnt really matter. 7-8 wins in the Sun Belt type team is still one that really shouldn't even belong on the same field as an SEC team. Stunners happen, but what we saw on the field saturday was a team that didnt seam to have any care or urgency, a coaching staff that seemed to not know where they were, and just mistakes in basic football like lining up right or attacking meshpoints.

DO NOT DO THAT. I am losing my mind already trying to keep people straight.
3Iyf.gif

To me it doesnt really matter. 7-8 wins in the Sun Belt type team is still one that really shouldn't even belong on the same field as an SEC team. Stunners happen, but what we saw on the field saturday was a team that didnt seam to have any care or urgency, a coaching staff that seemed to not know where they were, and just mistakes in basic football like lining up right or attacking meshpoints.
Completely agree. I think Staff and most of team treated them same as if they were a 2-10 this year.

I think it's a good idea. Nominees for last week: JJ, Gray and To'oto'oo

I believe it could give tremendous supports to those players....I mean these 17/22 year old kids are influenced by a little good support about their play.

It would be terrific for the forum.

NOW IF YOU OR ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS WITH A LITTLE SENIORITY COULD BE SO KIND TO TAKE IT UPON THEMSELVES TO START SUCH A THREAD I WOULD BE GRATEFUL

HT started the game flying all over the place, but was out of place a few times and started playing very tentatively.
On one play he got completely turned around and was half way jogging to the ball carrier early in 2nd half. He did not play much after that.
Correct you are was looking around for backside or blindside blocks instead of hitting like he did in the first half. Anything run at him he was tough but anything he had to run after was a little off.

Lol so we’re a lot of players on NFL rosters. Sorry gump doesn’t know how to lead a locker room or motivate.

Literally job #1 as a head coach.
Stacked with NFL talent that bought into Jones' culture so much they couldn't even win the east. An East that was basically being handed to them.
Thank god for a couple like Barnett and Dobbs that wanted it in spite of... so we at least saw 8 win seasons.

You're kinda making his point.

OK, I had to change my avi back...it was starting to mess with my mind, too!

Lol so we’re a lot of players on NFL rosters. Sorry gump doesn’t know how to lead a locker room or motivate.

Literally job #1 as a head coach.
I’m not defending Pruitt by any stretch as I think he is learning how to be a head coach. But to try and defend Butch and say any of this isn’t his fault is asinine.

Stacked with NFL talent that bought into Jones' culture so much they couldn't even win the east. An East that was basically being handed to them.
Thank god for a couple like Barnett and Dobbs that wanted it in spite of... so we at least saw 8 win seasons.

You're kinda making his point.

Hey man i hear you. But like i said last year. Don’t tell me the roster/culture is good enough to beat Auburn/kentucky but forget to show up the last two game or the first game this year. Attitude reflects leaderships

Hey man i hear you. But like i said last year. Don’t tell me the roster/culture is good enough to beat Auburn/kentucky but forget to show up the last two game or the first game this year. Attitude reflects leaderships
And we CLEARLY have 2 different sets of attitude out there, we'll see which one is the reflection and which one is the defiant as this season plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back